• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

death becomes her

Jul 3, 2020
I don't want to actively harm others and I get sad if it happens to people I know in real life, but I feel some sort of satisfaction when bad things befall others.

Celebritiy divorces, deaths, etc. I can't have these things -- children, marriage, a will to live. Why should other people?

Animals on the other hand, it breaks my heart anything bad ever happening to them.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think some people might see it as bad, yes.

I'll see your evilness and raise by admitting that I actually enjoy watching certain animals suffer, mostly insects and bugs though. I've also been known to react with delight upon hearing about other people's relationships breaking up or that people are cheating on their partner.

D

death becomes her

Jul 3, 2020
oh wow. the animals thing. I can't relate but you didn't shame me so I won't shame you.

lol at your delight re: relationships. Fills me with glee!

Reactions: lex and Dr Iron Arc
UglyDuck666

UglyDuck666

Nov 14, 2020
I have the same problem, but this concers only my "family" and my past friends. That's why I stopped all this relationship. Schadenfreude is natural when people enjoy pain of person They don't like or... they are jealous.. My country is famous for this phenomenon, so I probably soaked it up

Reactions: Lostandlooking
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I also wouldn't consider myself an evil person and I have lots of compassion for "innocent" beings (children, animals).

But I have to admit I hate humanity as a whole. And kinda want one bad thing to happen: I'd wish for nothing more than quick explosion of this entire planet.
No more pain and suffering.
The universe and it's endlessness getting rid of the disease called human.

H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Lol, I love the raw honesty on this site =) I guess there are some people I care more about than others. Best thing it to try and be empathetic, place yourself in the shoes of others. Most of us go running to turn on the news if we hear of a celebrity death or global disaster however, but I wouldn´t say I like it. I agree with your comment in relation to animal cruelty.

Shiv15

Shiv15

Student
Sep 3, 2020
I don't feel bad for people who make bad choices on purpose but then later regret it. You made your bed, now you can sleep in it.

I don't quite agree with this perspective. I see a lot of this floating around. We all make mistakes. When you see A guy who failed a suicide attempt is now a vegetable, do you think "oh he deserved it" or "he should have done more research, he should have been smarter" etc?

Even if someone made a poor life, it doesn't mean he or she deserved it.

I guess i have a problem with such a negative way of mindset.

And when mistakes are made from sheer stupidity and ignorance, i would still say that the suffering is something they deserve. When you make a mistake which will cost you suffering is the day you will realise how wrong your mindset is.

And no I have not yet made these kinds of mistakes. I just posses virtues not many do.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I wouldn't say they deserve it, but shit happens, you get what you get. I'm aware of the consequences if I fail my suicide attempt or partake in dangerous activities.

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I don't want to actively harm others and I get sad if it happens to people I know in real life, but I feel some sort of satisfaction when bad things befall others.

Celebritiy divorces, deaths, etc. I can't have these things -- children, marriage, a will to live. Why should other people?
Completely agree with u. U are almost my female self , sis.... I too have Schadenfreude and I am glad there are so many of us here. In my case honestly I don't even care so much abt animals as well ... Sorry but I may be evil

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I only enjoy when bad things happen to bad people. By bad people can be meant more than just criminals tho. Maybe like billionaires too or evil money hungry CEOs.

D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
Tbh i dont give 2 fucks about others i dont feel any emotional connection to people only to people who are in a state as ours.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018

Animals on the other hand, it breaks my heart anything bad ever happening to them.
You mean bad things to some specific groups of people?
I feel similar about others losing things which I don't have and which I value at the same time. It's like if a poor dude would overhear about a rich person getting mugged and having lost a great deal of riches.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I do not like it when bad things happen to people. Not at all and especially any animal. No way. I wish the world had no pain or any suffering at all.

Last edited:
VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
This can be a symptom of envy. It is good to keep an eye on it. Its not good for the person who feels it.

I wish bad things only for right-wing politicians and capitalists but due to structural thing.

Reactions: IAmLi
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I'm going to agree that wishing bad things on people or enjoying when it happens comes from pathological envy.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
It's not normal to envy anyone to the point of wishing or enjoying it when bad things happen to them. Some envy IS normal, but not to that extreme.

Reactions: megafire and Red
AltFoxx

AltFoxx

Nov 27, 2020
I don't like it at all when bad things happen to people but if the person it afflicts is an unapologetic dope, well it gets harder to have empathy for them

Reactions: LastFlowers
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I think some people might see it as bad, yes.

I'll see your evilness and raise by admitting that I actually enjoy watching certain animals suffer, mostly insects and bugs though. I've also been known to react with delight upon hearing about other people's relationships breaking up or that people are cheating on their partner.
Insects don't feel pain bro. Sleep well

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
T

threenines

Nov 29, 2020
Surely us of all people, who are considering the ultimate ending should be able to empathise with the pain and suffering that befall on people.
Life has dealt us (and many others) cruel hands, but I take no pleasure in seeing other people suffer.
I know how it feels, and wouldn't wish it on another soul.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

If you had those things would you then think you shouldn't because other people don't? Would you have schadenfreude toward yourself when you lost things that made your life feel complete and happy? Surely you have something in your life that gives you comfort or meets a need. For example, since other people are isolated and don't have electronic devices or internet access, should you not have them either and therefore suffer as they do? I won't call your stance "bad," but I think it falls under something like crabpot mentality.

A

aBLEACHyindividual

Sep 5, 2020
Depends on what type of person/people they are.

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
At this point I'm too exhausted to think about others all that much. I personally don't care anymore. The world is such a fucked up place - suffering everywhere you look.
I also don't think Schadenfreude makes you a bad person, it might not be the nicest thing to tell someone/ will be a little frowned upon but it's on a whole different level than actually hurting a person.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I don't like it when bad things happen to the already suffering.
I wish everyone in the world could be happy and that no one had to suffer to such extreme levels of misery.

Now for the already happy and fortunate. Well, good for them. I'm more or less indifferent.
As far as bad people go (example: high offending criminals)? I think there's a lot of consequences that need to be served in some cases.

Reactions: Spiral
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
No. I feel much of the same. But it has to happen to people who either deserve it or thrive in all the aspects of life that I was starved of. (I wouldn't want a homeless man to slip on a penny, in other words.)
I mean, why would I give a shit if something bad happened to others, when most of my life has been worse than bad? It would be so disingenuous of me to deny the certain apathies and malignancies that this suffering has so kindly afforded me. It is rotting me, but not without good reason.
I cannot be happy for other people when I never got to experience happiness of my own, and I shouldn't have to be. Especially with the lack of said happiness being in due part to some of these fuckers, and a physical situation out of my control.
Personally I wish onto those around me, my own suffering, my exact Hell, I wish for them to experience what I have and feel it, I wish for them to understand and to beg for death, only to never be obliged. Yes, I want many people to suffer, including my own relatives ..but I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it, only a small sense of vengeance being accomplished, a balancing of the scale.
This can be a symptom of envy. It is good to keep an eye on it. Its not good for the person who feels it.

I wish bad things only for right-wing politicians and capitalists but due to structural thing.
Envy is just a symptom of not having something someone else does. If you have no means to get that thing and being without it affects your life so negatively, there is nothing to do about the envy. I don't think jealousy or envy are things to reprimand or shame people for experiencing. It makes perfect sense to be bitter and longing toward something you cannot have while being forced to witness others basking in it. I mean it's basically torture on top of lacking.

Last edited:
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
No. Basically all comedy is this.

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i'm pretty indifferent to people's problems unless it is someone i care about which by now is my immediate family/pets. i do sometimes giggle a bit to myself when something bad happens to someone i actively dislike.