• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Edit: Hi I thought I'd add a little summary of the information in the video too for those who don't want 10 minutes of computer geekery (thanks @Chinaski lol).

Javascript is basically a programming language used on the web, these scripts do not have to be signed like software, so if you were served a different or illegit script you wouldn't know about it, unlike with software. Javascript brought from the protonmail server is used to encrypt and decrypt the emails you send.

Essentially, protonmails claim that they don't have the ability to decrypt your messages is false. If there were some groundbreaking case that allowed them to be compelled in secret, your "encryption" could be at risk. We trust protonmail not to do this, but in any scenario where protonmail servers are compromised or they "go rogue"... It's a simple claim and you can make of it what you will.

Protonmail themselves have written about this issue and conservatively admit that there is a likelihood all protonmail servers will one day be compromised.

I got sent this interesting video of commentary on a paper recently written regarding the end to end encryption used in protonmail. For those of you familiar with the dangers of javascript on compromised sites you might see where this is going. It seems the paper itself was written with some personal motivations but the commentary on the video is excellent so I personally suggest watching it all.

I don't know anything in detail about programming or encryption but take quite an interest anyway, it surprises me that this is something nobody has spoken about before especially considering protonmail themselves have written about this possible flaw... debatably more condemning than the videos author himself. It's extremely simple but something that we should certainly be aware of, perhaps somebody could convince the N sellers to start using manual PGP messaging.

Srsly though, not something to panic about but I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jen Erik, Eren, Chinaski and 2 others

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
I forget the name but there is a tor based email service that is all Php and mysql and pgp on your end. I wouldn't worry about ordering N

Reactions: Deafsn0w
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I forget the name but there is a tor based email service that is all Php and mysql and pgp on your end. I wouldn't worry about ordering N
This isn't for me ordering N, just information I'd like to share. It's relevant for a few people maybe, I know that darknet vendors who use protonmail seem to be common, also the N vendors. Maybe hope for some more user friendly PGP services in future or at least popular ones, instead of needing one app for each individual who prefers a different one. Tor isn't really necessary if you've got a decent PGP setup anyway.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 311 and Deafsn0w