• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
Wow, interesting thread we have going here, and I'm pretty amazed that it's stayed as civil as it has...makes me proud of y'all. Keep up the great discussion and remain respectful. There's some great info within this thread.

Reactions: wiIIow, Made4TV, throwaway777 and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
yoda was so wise. i never really took that quote seriously until i grew up lol

By being hatey and angry the only person you are hurting is you - and you've had enough of that. Now have a proper Star Wars binge watch and be nice to yourself

Reactions: sif and okyeah
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I can understand this. My younger brothers were bullied as kids, I was big and strong for my age, I fought those guys like a wildcat. I got into trouble also for it. Later I went into the military and fought in the Gulf War in 1991 and 1992. Yes, I fought and I killed. And, I am ashamed to this day of what I did in my youth. There's not a day, I don't regret those actions.

Kudos and respect to you
You have a strong and true moral compass x

Reactions: Made4TV and sif
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
This is so apt and totally applicable especially with the appalling way current psychiatry is headed, which is to label everything as a "personality disorder"
So then mental health services get let off the hook as PD are supposedly 'untreatable' and people can be conveniently labelled as such.
You know what? That's a good point.

Reactions: Made4TV, Dead Meat and About_to_Go
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Someone's life trajectory can play a major role in how they see themselves, and it can skew their own perception quite significantly.

So true

And this is what I was thinking applied to this particular individual

Reactions: Made4TV
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
So true

And this is what I was thinking applied to this particular individual

my trajectory has actually been somewhat positive. yet I still have multiple experiences of self destruction and social problems. It is clear that I am the reason for these reoccurring problems and that i have this particular disorder. It is not a coincidence i match every single trait.

TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
No offense but i think gender has a lot to do with it too. My life has been filled with nonstop bullying and shit like that. I think women have a little more privilege in that aspect.
I've been bullied by other girls & women. There's a compatable asshole for everyone.

Reactions: SeekingSolace, wiIIow, Dead Meat and 1 other person
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
I've been bullied by other girls & women. There's a compatable asshole for everyone.

i have too but much less so because of my appearance. It is mostly men who do it because of my emasculate features (yes i am overthinking this but it's true).

Reactions: TheCrow
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
my trajectory has actually been somewhat positive. yet I still have multiple experiences of self destruction and social problems. It is clear that I am the reason for these reoccurring problems and that i have this particular disorder. It is not a coincidence i match every single trait.

But you yourself are not allowed to do the trait matching! Durrr!!! It has to be done by a "professional" who has a clipboard and asked a lot of questions then some true or false questions, then your favourite colour and ta-da! A Diagnosis is made.

You can't do it yourself. You'll cheat. I know these things. It's like playing chess by yourself with a chess board.

Reactions: SeekingSolace and okyeah
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018

We all have poor personality traits. Some correspond as a cluster with a DSM disorder, others do not. Why is it more important for you to say "l have this disorder, I've diagnosed it myself, it's cut and dried" than it would be to say "these are some of the less pleasant aspects of my personality, I've noticed as l mature that they are harmful, l shall seek to curb them"?

Reactions: Made4TV, About_to_Go and Johnnythefox
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
But you yourself are not allowed to do the trait matching! Durrr!!! It has to be done by a "professional" who has a clipboard and asked a lot of questions then some true or false questions, then your favourite colour and ta-da! A Diagnosis is made.

You can't do it yourself. You'll cheat. I know these things. It's like playing chess by yourself with a chess board.

This might be a reach, but I sense some sarcasm and hostility lol.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
We all have poor personality traits. Some correspond as a cluster with a DSM disorder, others do not. Why is it more important for you to say "l have this disorder, I've diagnosed it myself, it's cut and dried" than it would be to say "these are some of the less pleasant aspects of my personality, I've noticed as l mature that they are harmful, l shall seek to curb them"?

Yes! This post here. I like this. It says "I have looked and seen and am taking personal responsibility"

It says Fkkc the Dsm and disordered This and that as they do not define me. I define me and my values define me.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
This might be a reach, but I sense some sarcasm and hostility lol.

Can you tell I have thoroughly enjoyed every encounter I've had with a psychiatrist...

O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018

Partly due to identity issues. Also my deep sense of not taking responsibility for how my life has gone lol. I refuse to take responsibility anymore. I guess that's another antisocial thing tbh.

I have been in therapy with no goal of changing, just to vent and convince my therapist that i am a victim.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Partly due to identity issues. Also my deep sense of not taking responsibility for how my life has gone lol. I refuse to take responsibility anymore. I guess that's another antisocial thing tbh.

I have been in therapy with no goal of changing, just to vent and convince my therapist that i am a victim.

This is it. Many people who actively seek a diagnosis do so for reasons that aren't helpful in the long term. It's a convenient badge to wear and a may give short-term comfort but this becomes a fatalistic cycle; you can start believing your personality is incurably diseased and the badge of diagnosis acts as a get out clause for when you behave poorly, when in reality your personality is, like most personalities, a mixture of good and bad traits which occasionally need carefully tweaking in order to find a harmonious balance.

Reactions: Made4TV, About_to_Go, Johnnythefox and 1 other person
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
This is it. Many people who actively seek a diagnosis do so for reasons that aren't helpful in the long term. It's a convenient badge to wear and a may give short-term comfort but this becomes a fatalistic cycle; you can start believing your personality is incurably diseased and the badge of diagnosis acts as a get out clause for when you behave poorly, when in reality your personality is, like most personalities, a mixture of good and bad traits which occasionally need carefully tweaking in order to find a harmonious balance.

it's a bit too late for that now unfortunately lol. i had a good run with taking responsibility though. it's just not for me.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
it's a bit too late for that now unfortunately lol. i had a good run with taking responsibility though. it's just not for me.

I'd say you perhaps might consider whether you're after getting a diagnosis so you can get away with being a bit of a dick, as opposed to doing it in order to work out how to stop being a dick. Anybody can say "l have X Disorder, l read it on the internet" but it doesn't make anyone any better off.

Reactions: About_to_Go and Johnnythefox
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
I'd say you perhaps might consider whether you're after getting a diagnosis so you can get away with being a bit of a dick, as opposed to doing it in order to work out how to stop being a dick. Anybody can say "l have X Disorder, l read it on the internet" but it doesn't make anyone any better off.

to be fair you don't know the specifics of what my behavior has been. I'm not necessarily seeking out a label. I've just kind of matched the traits.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
I can understand this. My younger brothers were bullied as kids, I was big and strong for my age, I fought those guys like a wildcat. I got into trouble also for it. Later I went into the military and fought in the Gulf War in 1991 and 1992. Yes, I fought and I killed. And, I am ashamed to this day of what I did in my youth. There's not a day, I don't regret those actions.

Well here I don't quite understand - do you regret and shameful of fighting back against bullies the way you did or of Gulf War combat? If you mean against the bullies, then I have quite different views - my self-defence is sacred and if you cross a line, you fully deserve to be fought like a wildcat against and at least knocked out. Maybe killed if I know you will come back for me or my loved ones and would rather risk prison for murder. Still I'm a relaxed kind of guy, so my trigger point is if you actually present a threat to me or my loved ones.

About Gulf War - it's entirely up to you to evaluate whether this war was right thing to do. In any case it wasn't pillage. You fought under Security Council authority and didn't terrorise non-combatants or captured pow's.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
to be fair you don't know the specifics of what my behavior has been. I'm not necessarily seeking out a label. I've just kind of matched the traits.

I don't, nor do l want to know, but you know what the traits are and are keen to self-diagnose, whilst also admitting you refuse to take any responsibility for your own personality traits which harm you. I'm genuinely asking why you're so keen for a diagnosis, potentially of psychopathy, without thinking of how you'd benefit from it.

Reactions: About_to_Go, Johnnythefox and okyeah
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
I don't, nor do l want to know, but you know what the traits are and are keen to self-diagnose, whilst also admitting you refuse to take any responsibility for your own personality traits which harm you. I'm genuinely asking why you're so keen for a diagnosis, potentially of psychopathy, without thinking of how you'd benefit from it.

well i guess i'd hope that there would be a clearer way forward if i got that diagnosis but i guess there isn't when i look at the treatment for this lol.

I'm waiting on my N anyway. I'm praying to god that works out. i hate my life.

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Well here I don't quite understand - do you regret and shameful of fighting back against bullies the way you did or of Gulf War combat? If you mean against the bullies, then I have quite different views - my self-defence is sacred and if you cross a line, you fully deserve to be fought like a wildcat against and at least knocked out. Maybe killed if I know you will come back for me or my loved ones and would rather risk prison for murder. Still I'm a relaxed kind of guy, so my trigger point is if you actually present a threat to me or my loved ones.

About Gulf War - it's entirely up to you to evaluate whether this war was right thing to do. In any case it wasn't pillage. You fought under Security Council authority and didn't terrorise non-combatants or captured pow's.
Hurting people no matter what the reason was not in my DNA. Even if it was the justifiable thing to do, I felt terrible after doing it and still do today.

Reactions: About_to_Go and Johnnythefox
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019

This is the real crux of the issue:

Is being labelled/labelling yourself with a personality disorder helpful?

(Please shout out anyone who had a diagnosis that has made a positive difference to their life)

Or is it just ingraining within you a negative mind set that you have some characteristics or habits that you have no control over and can't change so your life is, in that way, beyond your control?

Reactions: About_to_Go and okyeah
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
And I have every single trait for a sociopath lol.

You don't, btw.

The following PCLR criteria, based upon the regular theme of your posts, do not apply:

Sexual promiscuity
Several short term relationships
Glibness / superficial charm

Further, unless there's something we don't know, the following don't apply either, and these are essentially static, not dynamic:

Criminal versatility
Revocation of conditional release

I don't know about other aspects of your lifestyle, but this is 5 of the 20 criteria, worth ten PCLR points, that you very probably wouldn't score more than 1 or 2 points for.

O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
You don't, btw.

The following PCLR criteria, based upon the regular theme of your posts, do not apply:

Sexual promiscuity
Several short term relationships
Glibness / superficial charm

Further, unless there's something we don't know, the following don't apply either, and these are essentially static, not dynamic:

Criminal versatility
Revocation of conditional release

I don't know about other aspects of your lifestyle, but this is 5 of the 20 criteria, worth ten PCLR points, that you very probably wouldn't score more than 1 or 2 points for.

ive had sexual promiscuity to the amount i could. it is incredibly difficult for me to get laid lol. i am not viewed as a sexual being by most people.

ive had several flings after my first girlfriend dumped me

i do have extreme glibness and superficial charm. i dont talk about anything of substance most of the time and find it easy to stretch the truth like i said. I'm pretty much a con man. I have been able to con many people in my life.

idk what criminal versatility means or revocation of conditional release.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
i actually kind of relish violence but i think a lot of men do. So maybe not necessarily a sociopathic thing.

Well I won't miss next Khabib fight that's for sure. I won't say I relish it but conflict and fighting are definitely my main interests. That's given we live in one huge conflict.

What's sociopathy and what's not a sociopathy (or psychopathy) is an entirely subjective notion. It depends upon subjective feelings. In your listed criteria there are basically two traits - not only being cruel, lacking empathy but also somehow 'acting without regards for personal safety'. Why? Because society has expectations, personal safety guidlines. Society knows when you supposed to risk yourself (like when you want to defend society and go to war), when it's ok (riding a motorbike with helmet on) or when it's not ok (riding a motorbike with helmet off) and is considered 'acting without regards for personal safety'. These ofcourse can differ from person to person.

Same with violence. Vegan may view hunter as psychopath. Many would consider common violent criminal who kills a guy for resisting during robbery attempt - sociopath and psychopath. Yet others won't.

Reactions: okyeah
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Someone scoring full marks on those criteria would be charming and manipulative to the point where they could live a genuinely promiscuous lifestyle with multiple partners, even to a predatory degree, have committed many and various crimes of different types, and never learns a lesson when punished. That's a handy potted sketch, but that's the "type" of psychopath who would score fully on those criteria. You would not.

Saying "I'd be promiscuous if l could" doesn't count, to score full marks you'd have the charm to acquire a promiscuous lifestyle in a predatory manner. It's like the difference between fantasizing about committing a violent act on an enemy and going around and killing strangers for kicks. It's a different level of nastiness required to score the full 40 points.

Reactions: SeekingSolace, About_to_Go, Johnnythefox and 1 other person
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
an interesting thing was that my first, and only real long term relationship, her friend thought i was a sociopath lol. i didn't think much of it at the time.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Hurting people no matter what the reason was not in my DNA. Even if it was the justifiable thing to do, I felt terrible after doing it and still do today.

Well it's entirely your right to feel terrible about it. Just like I consider it my right to not feel terrible about it. I still got to ask - would you still do it? Like if somebody intimidates or assaults you or your loved ones?