• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Politecat

Politecat

Dec 9, 2018
I'm identify with all but one on that list but I truly doubt that I myself am sociopath, I think there needs to be things before I would consider myself a sociopath

Reactions: sif and Johnnythefox
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I'm identify with all but one on that list but I truly doubt that I myself am sociopath, I think there needs to be things before I would consider myself a sociopath

Which list? The OP's list is the diagnostic criteria for ASPD, not psychopathy/sociopathy.

Reactions: sif, WayOut and Johnnythefox
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
I keep watching the movie Collateral solely for the viewing pleasure of Vincent's sociopathic behaviour.

Reactions: sif
Politecat

Politecat

Dec 9, 2018
Which list? The OP's list is the diagnostic criteria for ASPD, not psychopathy/sociopathy.
It was OPs list and that's what I thought, although again I won't really say that I have ASPD. It just sounds like that list is just a list of basic human traits tbh

Reactions: sif and Johnnythefox
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
It was OPs list and that's what I thought, although again I won't really say that I have ASPD. It just sounds like that list is just a list of basic human traits tbh

In order to meet the diagnosis of ASPD at least three of the outlined criteria have to be persistent and pervasive; it's generally acknowledged that most people can exhibit these traits on occasion, the diagnosis is based upon how severe these traits are and how frequently / habitually they're exhibited.

Reactions: sif, Politecat, ReadyasEver and 1 other person
SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

‘The sleep of reason breeds monsters’ -Goya
Jan 28, 2019
I get anxiety but i think it's different to what most people might get. I get anxiety a lot because I am trying to manipulate myself to connect with the other person for personal gain... However, I am good at conning people and stretching the truth so anxiety is not present when there is a drop of truth involved.

I also care 0 about other people deep down. I never really feel good when they are happy, just contempt.

This sounds like you are describing my boyfriend dead on. He has specifically told me that he sees people as tools...a means to an end. He told me he lies all the time and enjoys the feeling of accomplishment he gets when he manipulates a person or situation to get what he wants. I need to leave...our roommate came in last night and told me that he is moving out today when my boyfriend leaves for work because it's a really bad environment and that my boyfriend is soulless. He kept telling me I need to get out. I don't have anywhere to go at the moment...I need to look more seriously into CTB methods. My boyfriend was diagnosed as a child with ASPD, and killed his brother when he was five. Funny thing is, I have no personal concern for my safety. I just want to check out. He experiences no empathy, and it's like I experience all of the excess empathy he doesn't. It's torture. Sorry for venting.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@SeekingSolace i am worried for your wellbeing from your post. I hope you can keep safe. X

Reactions: TheCrow, SeekingSolace and ReadyasEver
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
This sounds like you are describing my boyfriend dead on. He has specifically told me that he sees people as tools...a means to an end. He told me he lies all the time and enjoys the feeling of accomplishment he gets when he manipulates a person or situation to get what he wants. I need to leave...our roommate came in last night and told me that he is moving out today when my boyfriend leaves for work because it's a really bad environment and that my boyfriend is soulless. He kept telling me I need to get out. I don't have anywhere to go at the moment...I need to look more seriously into CTB methods. My boyfriend was diagnosed as a child with ASPD, and killed his brother when he was five. Funny thing is, I have no personal concern for my safety. I just want to check out. He experiences no empathy, and it's like I experience all of the excess empathy he doesn't. It's torture. Sorry for venting.
He might stalk you when you break up so be careful!

Reactions: TheCrow and SeekingSolace
SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

Jan 28, 2019
@SeekingSolace i am worried for your wellbeing from your post. I hope you can keep safe. X

I'll be alright. I just need to be cognizant of the situation I'm in, and start making a plan. More than anything it hurts; makes me feel pathetic that I stick around when he has already told me to my face that he only stays with me because I have nowhere else to go. The seizures limit my capacity to work so I'm on a $400 a month budget and have to be able to buy my seizure meds as well...maybe I can save up for a couple months and afford to rent a room somewhere short term. Maybe I'll save up for some N. I have a lot of thinking to do. Thank you for your concern. <3

SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

Jan 28, 2019
He might stalk you when you break up so be careful!
Honestly my stupid fear is that he will hurt himself...he had a pension for self harm before we started dating and tried killing himself once. In the back of my head I know there needs to come a point when I set aside my concerns for his safety and worry about my own. But I guess I just don't feel like I'm in that much danger at the moment. I'm more afraid of being kicked out, and that's a little askew.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'll be alright. I just need to be cognizant of the situation I'm in, and start making a plan. More than anything it hurts; makes me feel pathetic that I stick around when he has already told me to my face that he only stays with me because I have nowhere else to go. The seizures limit my capacity to work so I'm on a $400 a month budget and have to be able to buy my seizure meds as well...maybe I can save up for a couple months and afford to rent a room somewhere short term. Maybe I'll save up for some N. I have a lot of thinking to do. Thank you for your concern. <3

You're not pathetic, I promise, you're just in a bad place right now and being taken advantage of. I hope you can be ok. You're worth way more than someone like that ❤️

Reactions: SeekingSolace
SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

Jan 28, 2019
You're not pathetic, I promise, you're just in a bad place right now and being taken advantage of. I hope you can be ok. You're worth way more than someone like that ❤️
Thank you for the kind words, they really do help. They help lessen my anxiety a bit.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Thank you for the kind words, they really do help. They help lessen my anxiety a bit.

Post here as much as you need to for support so you don't feel isolated. Your partner sounds manipulating, if you forgive me for being so blunt, if you live with the fear they will self harm. I know it's such a hard place to be but just try and squirrel away as much money as you can and focus on getting you safe - then see how you feel xx

Reactions: SeekingSolace
SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

Jan 28, 2019
Post here as much as you need to for support so you don't feel isolated. Your partner sounds manipulating, if you forgive me for being so blunt, if you live with the fear they will self harm. I know it's such a hard place to be but just try and squirrel away as much money as you can and focus on getting you safe - then see how you feel xx
I appreciate you being blunt, I would always rather hear people's unfiltered opinions. You are right...a tiny part of me wonders if maybe my seizures would lessen under less stressful emotional conditions, and then maybe I would be happier. I feel hollow, and I thirst for a smile from him or some positive acknowledgment. I know I should have more respect for myself, but I've felt empty so long that it's just a dull ache now. I'm going to start setting aside money...give myself one more chance. I know I'm becoming more emotionally unstable because I get so frustrated and angry with myself that I punch my legs until they're covered in purple welts. It's not something I think about doing, I just hurt so much and then take it out on myself when I can't hold it in anymore. Makes me feel crazy. Neurotic.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I appreciate you being blunt, I would always rather hear people's unfiltered opinions. You are right...a tiny part of me wonders if maybe my seizures would lessen under less stressful emotional conditions, and then maybe I would be happier. I feel hollow, and I thirst for a smile from him or some positive acknowledgment. I know I should have more respect for myself, but I've felt empty so long that it's just a dull ache now. I'm going to start setting aside money...give myself one more chance. I know I'm becoming more emotionally unstable because I get so frustrated and angry with myself that I punch my legs until they're covered in purple welts. It's not something I think about doing, I just hurt so much and then take it out on myself when I can't hold it in anymore. Makes me feel crazy. Neurotic.

I feel, from having been in a hideous relationship myself many moons ago, that you could well feel completely different when you are free of this person. It's amazing how much we can destroy ourselves trying to please someone and not really realise to what extent they have brought us to our knees. It's quite bizarre what we do and how we try and try but the goalposts will get moved. It's not until we are free that we fully understand that we weren't living at all during that time, we were barely functioning.

I can well imagine that your stress levels must be through the roof living in those conditions and that would for sure increase your seizures. You are stronger than you realise - you are able to write about it here so you have a clear head, screwed on tightly!

Start squirrelling! And you will definitely not look back ❤️❤️

Reactions: Redt2go and SeekingSolace
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
anyone else fit the description

1. Doesn't respect social norms or laws. They consistently break laws or overstep social boundaries.
  2. Lies, deceives others, uses false identities or nicknames, and uses others for personal gain.
  3. Doesn't make any long-term plans. They also often behave without thinking of consequences.
  4. Shows aggressive or aggravated behavior. They consistently get into fights or physically harm others.
  5. Doesn't consider their own safety or the safety of others.
  6. Doesn't follow up on personal or professional responsibilities. This can include repeatedly being late to work or not paying bills on time.
  7. Doesn't feel guilt or remorse for having harmed or mistreated others.
That cud describe most ppl on this site

SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

Jan 28, 2019
I feel, from having been in a hideous relationship myself many moons ago, that you could well feel completely different when you are free of this person. It's amazing how much we can destroy ourselves trying to please someone and not really realise to what extent they have brought us to our knees. It's quite bizarre what we do and how we try and try but the goalposts will get moved. It's not until we are free that we fully understand that we weren't living at all during that time, we were barely functioning.

I can well imagine that your stress levels must be through the roof living in those conditions and that would for sure increase your seizures. You are stronger than you realise - you are able to write about it here so you have a clear head, screwed on tightly!

Start squirrelling! And you will definitely not look back ❤️❤️
This makes me feel hopeful. Thank you. :-)