• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
In the US, I understand the generalization, but be very careful with it. Part of our society's problem is labeling without the proper context and understanding of the detail. My daughter grew up in white suburbia with me. She is a special education teacher now. Kind and compassionate, dedicates a great amount time to outreach programs and volunteering when not in the classroom. Tries very hard to bring a little comfort, happiness, and sense of accomplishment to those in which many in society simply ignore.

im sorry but it's been like a 95% accurate statement in my experience. The biggest bullies and scum are suburban whites. At least in my life. No offense.

O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
Ok but as far as like riding a motorbike (maybe even without a helmet on) or saying 'fuck you' to a big guy's face when he disrespects you or fighting or doing all other types of risky and dangerous stuff - is it about you?

oh no i'm too apathetic and crippled with chronic pain to do that lol

But with my parents and the police it's a different story.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
my therapist says its a defense mechanism...but I don't know if it really is exactly. It's more like I have a strong hatred for people. It likely is from my upbringing. I was completely ostracized in high school. However, real life is high school 2.0 as far as I'm concerned.

It's interesting - I ended up almost the opposite; I like people, as long as they are not my family, as in my world perfect strangers have been kind/ helpful - or at the very least not abusive whereas my family were abusive/ bullying/ demeaning etc etc etc

Funny old world innit

Reactions: Made4TV, Smilla, About_to_Go and 1 other person
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
It's interesting - I ended up almost the opposite; I like people, as long as they are not my family, as in my world perfect strangers have been kind/ helpful - or at the very least not abusive whereas my family were abusive/ bullying/ demeaning etc etc etc

Funny old world innit

No offense but i think gender has a lot to do with it too. My life has been filled with nonstop bullying and shit like that. I think women have a little more privilege in that aspect.

Reactions: TheCrow
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
No offense but i think gender has a lot to do with it too. My life has been filled with nonstop bullying and shit like that. I think women have a little more privilege in that aspect.

Not offended in the slightest :-)

Reactions: okyeah
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
Ok but as far as like riding a motorbike (maybe even without a helmet on) or saying 'fuck you' to a big guy's face when he disrespects you or fighting or doing all other types of risky and dangerous stuff - is it about you?

Actually I have done worse than ride a motorbike without a helmet on. I can't say specifically without incriminating myself but it fits the disorder

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Not offended in the slightest :-)

You just 'liked' my post saying I wasn't offended. So you're glad not to have offended a sad and lonely stranger on the hinternet...

There is hope for you yet ;-)
Have a hug (whether you want it or not)

Reactions: Made4TV, iHeartRockArt and okyeah
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
You just 'liked' my post saying I wasn't offended. So you're glad not to have offended a sad and lonely stranger on the hinternet...

There is hope for you yet ;-)
Have a hug (whether you want it or not)

haha i wish it were that easy in real life!! thank you, i guess ill hug you back. haha

Reactions: Made4TV
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
haha i wish it were that easy in real life!! thank you, i guess ill hug you back. haha

See, you've gone from a sociopath to a hugger in one afternoon ;-)

Now eat some pringles and watch a film

Baby steps. It's all about the baby steps.

Reactions: WayOut, Made4TV, Jen Erik and 3 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
oh no i'm too apathetic and crippled with chronic pain to do that lol

But with my parents and the police it's a different story.

Actually I have done worse than ride a motorbike without a helmet on. I can't say specifically without incriminating myself but it fits the disorder

I'm a little confused. So the answer to my question is yes then? You're a risk-taker?

Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
I am not a psychopath, I have more borderline traits. However I seem to be very emotionally and intellectually disconnected from other people and the world in general, It didn't always use to be like this, just something that happened after my teens.

I'm not interested in hurting people because they're from my observations in life so far living conscious entities such as myself, and I wouldn't like getting hurt myself. However if it was in anyway possible to make a perfect human replica automaton which had no consciousness but replicated human behavior near perfectly I'd go ham doing just about the most horrible things you can imagine to it. However it raises the question when does replication become the real thing, and is it possible to replicate without it becoming what its meant to replicate. For this reason I doubt perfect replication is possible.

Pegasus

Pegasus

Experienced
Dec 15, 2018
Surely a psychopath isn't that self-aware about it? Dunno ...

Reactions: Made4TV, Jen Erik and TheCrow
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
Surely a psychopath isn't that self-aware about it? Dunno ...

i haven't been. I've just kind of gone through life being myself. and now i'm finally at the end and just seeing what traits match up with what disorders. And I have every single trait for a sociopath lol. not a psychopath though, it's different.

Pegasus

Pegasus

Experienced
Dec 15, 2018
i haven't been. I've just kind of gone through life being myself. and now i'm finally at the end and just seeing what traits match up with what disorders. And I have every single trait for a sociopath lol. not a psychopath though, it's different.
I didn't know there was a difference. I thought they were the same. Kudos to you for trying to analyze urself though and figure things out.

Reactions: TheCrow and okyeah
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019

I like eating buns and my ears seem fairly big - doesn't make me an elephant...

Reactions: NumbItAll
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019

So what are your good qualities?
And don't say "none"

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I didn't know there was a difference. I thought they were the same. Kudos to you for trying to analyze urself though and figure things out.

Yeah, the terms are interchangeable. Some folks prefer one to the other, but ultimately both terms mean someone who scores higher than 30 on a PCLR assessment.

Reactions: Made4TV and Pegasus
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
But the question is why would a psychopath be suicidal? Being suicidal implies there's some form of physical or mental torment. Psychopaths have very little emotional capabilities, so that rules out mental torment. They also have a high pain threshold, ruling out physical torment unless very extreme. If a psychopath would for some bizarre reason want to commit suicide they'd do it nonchalantly with no fear, they wouldn't have any qualms or doubts, they wouldn't be suicidal, they'd just do it.

But again why would a psychopath want to commit suicide to begin with, from their perspective their in a giant playing ground where they can manipulate and push around all the playing pieces, humans, however they want. Psychopaths also tend to be hypersexual, why would they give sexual pleasure?

Reactions: Made4TV, 21Neberg, Hopeless_soul and 2 others
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
So what are your good qualities?
And don't say "none"

i actually have 0 besides sheepish overcompensation for my intense underlying hatred lol. In social situations I will make an effort to include everyone so that's a minor virtue. I can feel only slight empathy for the ones that don't fit in. Because I have lived that. That is apparently fitting of a sociopath rather than a psychopath.

My good qualities are non-existent and I'm not being edgy. My morals are not there. I feel as though being moral is weakness in thsi world.

O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
But the question is why would a psychopath be suicidal? Being suicidal implies there's some form of physical or mental torment. Psychopaths have very little emotional capabilities, so that rules out mental torment. They also have a high pain threshold, ruling out physical torment unless very extreme. If a psychopath would for some bizarre reason want to commit suicide they'd do it nonchalantly with no fear, they wouldn't have any qualms or doubts, they wouldn't be suicidal, they'd just do it.

But again why would a psychopath want to commit suicide to begin with, from their perspective their in a giant playing ground where they can manipulate and push around all the playing pieces, humans, however they want. Psychopaths also tend to be hypersexual, why would they give sexual pleasure?

You're right - psychopaths cannot be suicidal but sociopaths can be suicidal.

Reactions: Final Escape
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018

The answer to all those points is that you're defining a very narrow strand of psychopathy, the kind that is regularly outlined on cheap serial killer documentaries. Psychopathy is not binary, it isn't an illness wherein each sufferer will display identikit symptoms, nor is everyone with a diagnosable psychopathic disorder an unfeeling android with a high pain or anxiety threshold.

Reactions: Made4TV, Redt2go, throwaway777 and 3 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
You're right - psychopaths cannot be suicidal but sociopaths can be suicidal.

Just, uh...l really don't know why l bother sometimes tbh.

Reactions: SeekingSolace, Made4TV and Johnnythefox
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
The answer to all those points is that you're defining a very narrow strand of psychopathy, the kind that is regularly outlined on cheap serial killer documentaries. Psychopathy is not binary, it isn't an illness wherein each sufferer will display identikit symptoms, nor is everyone with a diagnosable psychopathic disorder an unfeeling android with a high pain or anxiety threshold.

That is what it should be, when you go wide suddenly everyone becomes a psychopath. And psychopathy isn't a disease, just a personality type that has destructive effects on society.

Reactions: Made4TV and Pineapplecrown
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Sociopath and psychopath are interchangeable terms. There is not a definable difference between the two to say one will DEFINITELY do X, but the other will DEFINITELY NOT do X.

By the narrow definition you're using, Hitler was a sociopath, Stalin was a psychopath. Otherwise, how could Hitler suicide when psychopaths are pre-programmed not to?

Reactions: Made4TV, Johnnythefox and Smilla
Pegasus

Pegasus

Experienced
Dec 15, 2018
Sociopath and psychopath are interchangeable terms. There is not a definable difference between the two to say one will DEFINITELY do X, but the other will DEFINITELY NOT do X.

By the narrow definition you're using, Hitler was a sociopath, Stalin was a psychopath. Otherwise, how could Hitler suicide when psychopaths are pre-programmed not to?
Good point about Hitler.

Reactions: Smilla
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
That is what it should be, when you go wide suddenly everyone becomes a psychopath. And psychopathy isn't a disease, just a personality type that has destructive effects on society.

Fair enough, but surely we're best off sticking to critically discussing the DSM diagnostic criteria and the PCLR rather than use our own, individual definitions of these disorders which often boils down to defining every person with such a complex and dense diagnosis as little more than a replicant from Bladerunner.

Reactions: SeekingSolace and Made4TV
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018

Hitler wasn't a psychopath,he was a misguided idealist, he was evil sure, but no psychopath.

O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018

oh...well they seem to be definable according to the sources i have looked at.

Here's one separating the two for example.