W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
missed yesterday. Interview went well, factory floor for meat packing. Got a good feeling about this one, but those are frequently false so i dont know.

my family is just intentionally being antagonistic now, so i guess i dont have much of a future anyway
Beautiful photos!

You really have an eye for this. Just wonderful.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Walter

Reactions: HighFlight, Sabitsuki, stillunemployed and 2 others
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
good morning

• Hugs
Reactions: HighFlight, Praestat_Mori and whywere
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Good morning, and Welcome to the weekend!

• Hugs
Reactions: stillunemployed, Praestat_Mori and whywere
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Happy weekend! :sunglasses:

• Hugs
Reactions: HighFlight, stillunemployed and whywere
LoneMarineBitterman

LoneMarineBitterman

"Command, I got a problem here."
Aug 9, 2024
Hello!

I'm not entirely sure on how to "start" with this website. Whether I make a post discussing my current position within this forum or maybe 'Suicide Discussion'. I'm a bit at odds with the idea of suicide and recovery I suppose. I certainly don't feel the best about myself (especially in the last two to three months) but at the same time I don't want to entirely give up. I suppose I feel that if I've been keeping at it for the last nine years, it seems silly to let an intense peak of these feelings completely crash me up.

Maybe somebody else on here can give me an idea to leap off with?

To end on something different, I've been listening to L.L. Cool J quite a bit recently. I ran through some of his stuff back in late Jan/early Feb but have recently sort of "come back to it". Quite recommend 'BAD: Bigger and Deffer' - Can't say it's a perfect album, or one everybody would enjoy but... I like it a lot. Three standouts for me are: 'I'm Bad', 'Ahh, Let's Get Ill' and 'The Do Wop'.

Hope peoples' mornings, days, afternoons or nights go well. Not exactly glad to be here, but I'm hoping maybe I can catch some wisdom off people.

• Hugs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
1st off glad to have you here with everyone! A late WELCOME!

I hope, as I have, that you find this site to be filled with kind, caring and ever so lovely folks.

Have a wonderful week filled with well wishes.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: Makoto, HighFlight, LoneMarineBitterman and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@LoneMarineBitterman Welcome to the forum!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: HighFlight, LoneMarineBitterman and whywere
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
I feel terrible now. And it's seeming like it will only ever get worse.

My only choices in life are try really hard and still be under the mercy of a thing I have zero control over. For instance healthcare bureaucracy and my family.

Both institutions, which would just love to be rid of me. Setting traps for me, which I always see coming but have no choice but to fall in them, else I am damned.
I have a wedding, I have to attend on Saturday. 12 or 13 hours of horrible anxiety and panic and act normal or else I am not human.
There is a 10 percent chance I'll make it and be again, under extreme conditions, considered part of the family, but since the people judging my performance never play fair and never will, the entire exercise is just another excuse for them to show me up as a roach.

I was hoping to skip the entire thing and start working a back-breaking job at a meat packing factory, but I can't because I need to be signed off by a doctor and they're on vacation until the end of the month.
That is of course, that they do let me through, but its not a given and they can just decide to be an asshole and not let me work.

I'm thinking again of just ctbing, but that only option is under a train.

• Hugs
Reactions: Makoto, HighFlight, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I'm not entirely sure on how to "start" with this website. Whether I make a post discussing my current position within this forum or maybe 'Suicide Discussion'. I'm a bit at odds with the idea of suicide and recovery I suppose. I certainly don't feel the best about myself (especially in the last two to three months) but at the same time I don't want to entirely give up. I suppose I feel that if I've been keeping at it for the last nine years, it seems silly to let an intense peak of these feelings completely crash me up.

Maybe somebody else on here can give me an idea to leap off with?
Congratulations! You made your first leap. Welcome to the Recovery thread. I'm glad you found your way here. Although I'm sorry your life has brought you to the point of joining this site.

When I joined over a year ago, work, family mental and physical health left me feeling like I had no future. While those feeling still persist, this community has been kind and caring, and I felt I could open up about thing I could tell my therapist. I have stuck around for the benefit of my kids, although I will lose two sons this week (but that's another story).

Where to begin? Start by reading other's stories. Post your own, either in a new thread or in the Introduce Yourself thread. Youre welcome to post additional details here in this thread, or if you're not comfortable posting publicly, feel free to dm me (or let me know you'd like to talk and I can dm you.)

Based on you initial post here, I would recommend avoiding the Suicide Discussion forum for the time being. There can be some dark threads that may not be helpful until you make that decision.

have a wedding, I have to attend on Saturday. 12 or 13 hours of horrible anxiety and panic and act normal or else I am not human.
I can totally relate... I had to attend a wedding a few weeks ago and while I love my nephew, it was completely overwhelming. I found a trick though... find the oldest person in at the reception and go a sit with them. They probably won't be able to hear you so you don't have to talk, and you look like a saint for keep them company. I also took long walks around the venue to escape the crowds.

And I hope all goes well with the doctor's office. That job doesn't sound like the most pleasant, but at least you'd be working and contributing.

Wishing you all just a little peace as we slowly wrap down the summer. 💙

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Praestat_Mori
Sir. Turnerkof

Sir. Turnerkof

Mar 1, 2024
I think I will start writing here
Hello my name is Turnerkof and today was kinda a rollercoaster day, once again I felt motivated and decided to take a free day from training and go to the mall didn't bought too much, I am saving money for my PC because I can't play games on my current one since a year and I bought some stuff
My day went a little worse because the guy I like seems to be acting very distant with me lately because I mini apologized for stuff I did due my insecurities, please don't blame him.
And I am not sure if send him a message but I will be strong and just avoid chat with him, anyways today was a bit bad at the top but maybe if i sleep i will feel better tomorrow and hopefully he will respond in a positive way and that distance would be only in my head and honestly that would make me very very very happy.

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@Sir. Turnerkof Welcome to the Recovery thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: HighFlight and whywere
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Hi @Sir. Turnerkof, welcome to the Recovery Support Thread.

My day went a little worse because the guy I like seems to be acting very distant with me lately because I mini apologized for stuff I did due my insecurities, please don't blame him.
Don't worry, we won't blame him. But at the same time you don't have to apologize for being who you are either. It's important to give yourself some grace, as none of us are perfect.

And a good night sleep is always helpful. I hope you sleep well, and awaken to face the challenges of tomorrow.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and whywere
Sir. Turnerkof

Sir. Turnerkof

Mar 1, 2024
@Sir. Turnerkof Welcome to the Recovery thread.
Thanks a lot!

Hi @Sir. Turnerkof, welcome to the Recovery Support Thread.

Don't worry, we won't blame him. But at the same time you don't have to apologize for being who you are either. It's important to give yourself some grace, as none of us are perfect.

And a good night sleep is always helpful. I hope you sleep well, and awaken to face the challenges of tomorrow.
I accept my mistakes and I have become better, that's why I wanted to apologize and for him to know i am becoming a better man
Thanks for your warm welcome, today was a bit shitty due my father but it's alright. I plan to keep fighting my thoughts of worry and panic and terror

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: HighFlight and Praestat_Mori
LoneMarineBitterman

LoneMarineBitterman

"Command, I got a problem here."
Aug 9, 2024
I have stuck around for the benefit of my kids, although I will lose two sons this week (but that's another story).
That's really unfortunate... Sorry you have to go through something like that. I hope you've got some good support with the people around you or that are on this website.

Youre welcome to post additional details here in this thread, or if you're not comfortable posting publicly, feel free to dm me (or let me know you'd like to talk and I can dm you.)
I'm not able to message people yet but if you're able to message me then that might be nice :)
I guess I can also think of how to summarise my situation into a short thread at some point too. Just have to think of what's relevant and what I can weed out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
I can totally relate... I had to attend a wedding a few weeks ago and while I love my nephew, it was completely overwhelming. I found a trick though... find the oldest person in at the reception and go a sit with them. They probably won't be able to hear you so you don't have to talk, and you look like a saint for keep them company. I also took long walks around the venue to escape the crowds.

And I hope all goes well with the doctor's office. That job doesn't sound like the most pleasant, but at least you'd be working and contributing.

Wishing you all just a little peace as we slowly wrap down the summer. 💙
I would get noticed and treated with suspicion, if I tried something like that. Besides the fact that oldest person specifically doesnt like me.

Attachments

• 20240815_112215-2.jpg
    20240815_112215-2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240820_135932.jpg
    20240820_135932.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240817_104620.jpg
    20240817_104620.jpg
  • 20240816_100111.jpg
    20240816_100111.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240816_082239.jpg
    20240816_082239.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240815_130025.jpg
    20240815_130025.jpg
  • 20240815_124033.jpg
    20240815_124033.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240815_113138.jpg
    20240815_113138.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: ConfusedClouds, HighFlight, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I would get noticed and treated with suspicion, if I tried something like that. Besides the fact that oldest person specifically doesnt like me.
Beautiful photos of the sky, REALLY loved them!

You have a great eye for photography.

Have a great rest of this week.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Gorgeous photos!:heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Well, you'll need to get creative. For me, the music got so loud that I needed to get out. If left the venue and went outside and enjoyed the peace. Here was my view of the reception:

I wish you all the best in getting through such a traumatic experience.

I'm not able to message people yet but if you're able to message me then that might be nice :)
Yes, that is normal for new members. Chat, private messages and search are disabled initially. Once you posted a certain number of times, the permissions will automatically be enabled. So keep posting, either responding to threads like here, or feel free to create your own thread.

In the meantime, I'll drop you a quick message if you want to talk or have any questions.

I accept my mistakes and I have become better, that's why I wanted to apologize and for him to know i am becoming a better man
Thanks for your warm welcome, today was a bit shitty due my father but it's alright. I plan to keep fighting my thoughts of worry and panic and terror
It's great that you can turn your mistakes into learning experiences. I working with a large tech firm training their managers that it's OK for people to make mistakes and the best teams are those where people can openly admit them.

I'm sorry today was shitty, and while you're fighting your inner voice, take some time to tell yourself how good you are. Try not to focus on just the bad. Life is about both the good and bad - they go hand in hand.

Be sure to take care of yourself first.

Walter (@whywere), I'm glad you are able to join the thread. Thank you for bringing your kind words to a community that doesn't hear them enough.

I haven't been out walking too much the past week, but here are a couple of pictures.

1000002680 1000002472 1000001382

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Makoto, ConfusedClouds, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I shared the following on another part of the site just now, but thought it might be ok here as well..

I laughed out loud for the first time in a long time today. In the weirdest of circumstances…

I met with my care coordinator earlier, as we're trying to navigate keeping me in the community, rather than a hospital. My team are fantastic and their positive risk taking is helping me immensely.

We started to talk about my Pegasos application (I've requested my medical notes for the application, which is why they know). She was surprised it cost 10,000 Swiss Francs. I looked up and just said, well they need to make their money, it's not like they get return customers…… despite her best's attempts, she couldn't hold it in and broke out in laughter.

It felt good to laugh.

I was also got sent this meme by a friend earlier.. hopefully it'll bring a small smile to anyone who's feeling a bit low right now.

We've got this…

IMG 2372

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoneMarineBitterman, whywere, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
good morning

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@HighFlight Gorgeous photos!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: HighFlight and whywere
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
good morning

• Hugs
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Morning (or afternoon as it is for me now).

I've got a question…

Right now I'm going through a stage of really struggling with my ideation and keeping myself safe; my MH team consider me to be in crisis. To counteract this, I somewhat unconsciously go into 'help and support others mode'. Mainly in real life, but I notice I do it on here as well. So… does anyone else have an internal switch that results in them helping others when they are actually the person in crisis?

• Hugs
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Hello everyone, I used to be somewhat active on here but I lost the will to even get on here anymore and left even though I still thought of several people on here. I'm back now and wanted to see if I can participate in this thread again, hopefully I'll last longer because I emotionally combust again and leave once more.

Right now I'm going through a stage of really struggling with my ideation and keeping myself safe; my MH team consider me to be in crisis. To counteract this, I somewhat unconsciously go into 'help and support others mode'. Mainly in real life, but I notice I do it on here as well. So… does anyone else have an internal switch that results in them helping others when they are actually the person in crisis?
I do this a lot, especially when I can be considered to be in a crisis but also when it's not that severe. For me it's mostly just that being able to help someone who's going through something similar, or even if it's something completely unrelated, feels good and is probably the only thing that makes me feel something. I think at least. I have a close online friend who goes through the same thing, and I've seen a lot of crisis counselors do this as well from time to time.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Tesha and Praestat_Mori
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
Attended a wedding yesterday. It was alright, I drank a bit. Noone bothered me, I think. I was mostly racking my brain trying not to be too awkward, had some fun looking at my younger brother trying to be a pick up artist.

It was just a wedding, really.

Unnamed132132

Unnamed322
took these today. randomly found an open art gallery.

tommorow i see my therapist

Attachments

• unnamed34.jpg
    unnamed34.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 0
  • unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • unnamed1.jpg
    unnamed1.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 0
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Makoto, LoneMarineBitterman, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Attended a wedding yesterday. It was alright, I drank a bit. Noone bothered me, I think. I was mostly racking my brain trying not to be too awkward, had some fun looking at my younger brother trying to be a pick up artist.

It was just a wedding, really.

View attachment 148545

View attachment 148546
WONDERFUL photos really liked the one with the church in it.

You do GREAT work and THANK YOU so much for sharing. you really are family to/for me.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: Makoto, Praestat_Mori and HighFlight
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Really glad you survived the wedding, and even had some positive things to say about it.

Great pictures, too!

Happy Monday! The hamster wheel starts over again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final_Choice, whywere, stillunemployed and 1 other person
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
does anyone else have an internal switch that results in them helping others when they are actually the person in crisis?
Testament, I've been doing this most my life. Focus on other people's problems and repressing my own. It's created a situation where every friend relationship is one of convenience - they're my friend as long as I can provide something they need. Once that is no longer needed, the friendship vanishes.

I hope you can get out of this crisis mode. But I don't think it's bad to focus on others short-term as a coping mechanism. Just don't let it consume you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final_Choice, Tesha, whywere and 1 other person
Sir. Turnerkof

Sir. Turnerkof

Mar 1, 2024
Sorry for not being active these days, I have been suddenly feeling very tired and weirdly enough I can't sleep it off and I can't sleep until it's very late. I thought it was my sleep schedule but even when I slept early I woke up very late, very tired, and my efficiency in work has dropped dramatically....

Luckly this tiredness has not altered the thoughts in my head and I still feel normal... more racional, and more calm...

I hope each one of you had a very cool weekend

Btw if you need a cool song to chill out and think I always use my childhood song "Island theme" from Adventure time, it's childish but it's the only song that survived my childhood

• Hugs
Reactions: Makoto, Final_Choice and Praestat_Mori
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
good morning. gonna be a long day today

• Hugs
Reactions: Final_Choice, whywere and Praestat_Mori