• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
Sorry, I can't help anyone today.

I need to know how can I grieve properly. Ended a relationship too abruptly, and I've kinda been in shock for too long. Every time I need to move on, I regress back to denial, that it can't be happening, etc. I want to man this up and get over it.

Would mass-venting here help? You can always create your own thread to rant all you want there, it's very common in The Sanctuary. You can in your profile as well.
Oh that sounds brutal at your end. Wish I could offer some words of suggestion back to you. I'll send a (with consent) big hug. 🫂

Thanks for reading and your thought and ideas. You have helped - you've read/listened, which means a lot to me.

I tried venting on my profile a load a few months back but I find it just spirals me more where I pick more and more holes in what I am thinking. And made even less sense than if stopping to think and trying to communicate something to the 'wider world' not just ranting to myself stuff I already know but can't work out. I also feel like I need some sort of external input to try and even attempt making sense. Which isn't so viable.

The ball of string analogy is often used with therapy 'helping to untangle and organise thoughts'. But I feel like mine is a ball of elastic - everything goes straight back to how it was no matter how good a particular session feels with 'progress' - unless the next session was virtually right away, thats too much time and I ruminate/over analyse all over back to the beginning. But I think the best description is 'consistently inconsistent' - no matter how I try to understand or use logic or pick up on patterns, all theories are busted before long at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: lita-lassi, whywere, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
i cant find any energy anymore, i just want to stare at my ceiling forever

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lita-lassi and Praestat_Mori
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
i cant find any energy anymore, i just want to stare at my ceiling forever
I hope there's some nice patterns or marks on it, that you can use your imagination on to make into a semi-positive picture

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lita-lassi, stillunemployed and Praestat_Mori
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
I hope there's some nice patterns or marks on it, that you can use your imagination on to make into a semi-positive picture
it just becomes another drug

• Hugs
Reactions: lita-lassi, Praestat_Mori and Tesha
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
It seems like forever since I've posted anything here. I been having a tough few weeks between family and work issues coupled with my own problems. But recovery is about working through the tough times and looking for more positive moments.

The whole 'talk to a professional' is well and good but so limited to just 50mins a week. The other end is ranting nonstop to a friend - being a clear burden. But you also hear about people being advised to have boundaries when supporting friends/family to look after themselves. In my mind does that then just highlight being a burden
Boundaries are important when helping others. They establish limits on what you as the provider can reasonably do to help. Professionals establish their boundaries, but it easier because they can build them on time and money.

As a friend and family member, it becomes tougher to build those boundaries. But where do you draw the line? You have to take care of yourself and avoid situations that could trigger yourself.

ConfusedClouds, it sounds like you put up your own boundaries by saying you weren't going to deal with people who won't provide you feedback. Now you're looking to reconnect and are worried about feeling like a burden on them.

Maybe try talking to them about that. Establish the boundaries up front so you don't have to feel like a burden on them. In return, they can tell you what triggers them and causes them to shut down and not provide feedback.

And @Proteus is right. You can create a threat to simply vent, or use your profile posts. However, this idea of getting irl support and setting boundaries would be a great topic for a thread in the Recovery Forum.
Sorry, I can't help anyone today.
^^^ Said that, and then went on to help someone. Just saying.

@Tesha - I hope you're feeling better. 💙

@BurgundySnap - Welcome back. I glad to hear from you, although wish it was under better circumstances.

Unfortunately, I have been out walking in a few days, so no new pictures. But I'll try to take some new ones this week.

Wishing you all a little peace within this crazy world. 💙

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lita-lassi, BurgundySnap, ConfusedClouds and 2 others
E

Edistrying

Jul 22, 2024
Lo siento, no puedo ayudar a nadie hoy.

Necesito saber cómo puedo hacer el duelo de forma adecuada. Terminé una relación de forma demasiado abrupta y he estado en estado de shock durante demasiado tiempo. Cada vez que necesito seguir adelante, vuelvo a negarlo, a pensar que no puede estar sucediendo, etc. Quiero hacerme cargo de esto y superarlo.

Lo siento, no puedo ayudar a nadie hoy.

Necesito saber cómo puedo hacer el duelo de forma adecuada. Terminé una relación de forma demasiado abrupta y he estado en estado de shock durante demasiado tiempo. Cada vez que necesito seguir adelante, vuelvo a negarlo, a pensar que no puede estar sucediendo, etc. Quiero hacerme cargo de esto y superarlo.
If you find the answer.. pls tell me. I'm broke with my ex almost two years ago and I still love her. I think everyday in a future with her. It's crazy, I have been in a relationship before and i never felt this way..

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I took a short walk in a different location, and grabbed a few more pictures with some friends...

20240724 182356 1000002389 20240724 183454

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, BurgundySnap, ConfusedClouds and 1 other person
BurgundySnap

BurgundySnap

Sick of being sick
Jul 19, 2023
Hello! Your pictures are amazing, @HighFlight ! They make me see that ducks are not the smallest...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HighFlight and Praestat_Mori
Perdition

Perdition

Sep 16, 2018
going back and forth between making plans to ctb, and having a glimpse of hope for my situation & planning to make my life tolerable enough that I won't want to end it.

I know that if I ctb, it will destroy my parents. especially my dad, and the thought of this as well as my need to take care of my cat, has kept me here. I don't wanna do that to them… if I can get out of my current situation, I think there's a chance for me.

Anyhow, i wish for everybody here to keep being hopeful. even if your hopes are small, like looking forward to a show or game or movie (whatever you like), you should grab on to that hope and hold it tightly.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HighFlight, lita-lassi, stillunemployed and 1 other person