sep 22, 2019
Oct 25, 2023
you make this type of post a lot. sigh. just ignore them

Reactions: lostsou1, 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆, ForgottenAgain and 1 other person
_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
I thought the whole point of this forum was supposed to be a pro-choice place to respect the decision of people to die without all the pro-lifers who are everywhere else, yet there really does seem to be more and more pro-life comments even on here, it repulses me whenever I come across one.

I literally don't understand the people who worship meaningless and unnecessary suffering so much to the point that they see suicide as a terrible thing, and this is a pro-choice forum, not a pro-life prevention, unsolicited advice positivity platitude site.

Pro-choice means respecting decisions and the decision to die should only ever be respected. Just because some people view death as the worst thing ever doesn't mean this view applies to everyone, pro-life people should learn to mind their own business and accept that other people's decisions aren't theirs to make.

Sorry pro-lifers but it's not your place to say that someone shouldn't ctb as it's not your life, suicide is a personal decision and suicidal people only deserve to have their decision respected, not have strangers force their delusions onto them. Pro-life people are so delusional, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near suicide discussions.
Do you report these pro-life comments you come across?

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Every few months you make a post like this. One would think you would have already grown accustomed to the presence of whatever you deem as excessively pro-life (which is probably most sentiments besides "death is beautiful").

Reactions: rationaltake, StrawberryBlood, luisamanequim and 6 others
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
Pro-choice means respecting people's decision to die and nothing else

I respect everyone's decision to choose death( myself included) however I do not believe it's pro-life to say that not everyone suffers in this earth and I find It tragic that I'm the one who gets to suffer why others enjoy their life

In fact the argument "everyone suffers" can be a pro-life argument too I've been told countless times by pro-life to suck it up and keep suffering just because everyone does and everyone has their own problems.I don't believe this to be true, in fact I find it pretty invalidating

Not everyone suffers there are clearly people who do and people who do not that's why we have pro-lifers

Also I don't believe saying that I wouldn't choose death if I wasn't born the way I am doesn't make me a pro-lifer

Reactions: rationaltake, twatingthroughlife and Life_and_Death
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
The fact that you always make posts like this is exactly why you have this type of reputation:

IMG 3186
. IMG 3187

I'm not going to tell staff what to do but this type of stuff (especially in such great excess it gets posted by this one user) is a really bad look for SS. Hopefully mods will eventually address the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: larastoned, february in alaska, luisamanequim and 11 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The thing is- this forum has gained a lot of notoriety. Some people who are pro-life and on some kind of saviour complex mission likely will try and sneak on here under false pretences to try and 'save' who they can.

As our mods often point out- if you think someone is violating the rules- report them. If they are just annoying you though- put them on ignore.

This site is pro-choice- exactly that. Some people haven't 100% made that choice yet. They are still weighing up their options. We shouldn't be pushing those people towards death! This isn't a death cult. It isn't a promortalist site.

I completely agree that platitudes and shit aren't appropriate for people who have clearly made their decision. People are usually fairly quickly weeded out though when they are too militantly positive.

Still- ultimately- it's up to the OP to tell them to push off. You're making the decision for them that all positive comments on their thread are unwelcome. You don't know that though. Maybe they're grateful that someone has taken an interest. Personally- positive viewpoints won't sway me. I'm stubbornly pessimistic. Still- I appreciate the fact that someone has thought and cared enough about my situation to give it that thought. It will annoy me if they kept on at me but most people don't.

Sometimes, I do get the impression you'd prefer to be in a promortalist death cult where everyone simply agreed on stuff and reinforced one another's hatred of existence. This place isn't that though. You are going to get differences of opinion here. You are going to get people who challenge ideas. Forum = discussion of ideas.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, larastoned, luisamanequim and 11 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I don't think FC is really looking for a discussion at this point. Maybe they're just wanting to vent and leave it there.

• Hugs
Reactions: larastoned, IfyouareamanWinston, EternalShore and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
In this forum they complain that the people who defend life do not respect the decision of others to die, and then you come and literally say that the people who defend the decision to live have no place in the forum... that is FUCKING HYPOCRISY
The whole point of this site is to have a place to be free of seeing people defend the decision to live.

It's not supposed to be a place people come to debate the subject, or be told why they shouldn't want to ctb.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
I don't think FC is really looking for a discussion at this point. Maybe they're just wanting to vent and leave it there.
It's one thing to vent and reach out for comfort on the site if you are struggling with depression and want advice for your inner pain or if you are making peace with going forward with CTB and don't want to die alone, but it's another when you spam these inane posts about how death is so awesome and life is nothing but bleak unending despair and constant suffering. Not to mention continually bitching at everyone for even so much as maintaining any shed of optimism or positivity.

Falling back on her classic "pro life" insult any time someone doesn't see eye to eye with her very toxic opinions is the cherry on top.

I can see why SS visitors are very suspicious of her being a troll that could possibly be encouraging/advocating for users to commit suicide in a slow, non-obvious way instead of them choosing it on their own.

FC I don't know why it's such a big deal to you (also are you ever NOT "repulsed" by something?) people are replying to others posts with advice not yours. I think we've all come to the conclusion that you personally want no help in your situation and that's fine, you've made it extremely clear you don't want that. I really don't see a problem in others getting advice on how they can find a way through without having to resort to CTB though. You need to stop worshipping death and telling everyone else they should feel the same and realise it's tragic for all involved, that's true whether you're pro-life or not. At least it is for most normal people. Like have you never missed anyone who has CTB on here? It's bloody sad for most forum users when we lose someone, if you don't see that, then I'm sorry but there's something wrong.
Dawg you are far from the only one who feels this way. Look:
IMG 3191

Last edited:
Reactions: larastoned, luisamanequim, 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆 and 2 others
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
The fact that you always make posts like this is exactly why you have this type of reputation:

View attachment 122583
.View attachment 122584

I'm not going to tell staff what to do but this type of stuff (especially in such great excess it gets posted by this one user) is a really bad look for SS. Hopefully mods will eventually address the problem.
Err, no, and so what? FC (et al) isn't accountable to anyone and certainly not to outsiders who presume people here are mindless sheep who'll jump off a cliff just because we saw a negative post of hers and felt nudged on, as they say. What a condescending and rubbish thing to say. As is "I hope you're aren't lying" and "their main gripes with this forum", who does this person think they are? I don't come around their place telling them what to think or how to run their forum. As if we needed this person's good grace. Such pompous entitled idiots are certainly not people I'd ever want this forum to cater to, nor feel it will. In fact, I'd tell them to fuck right off and reflect on their attitude towards others.

And besides, even if there was such a person who'd simply kill themselves on such a ridiculous premise then maybe, just maybe, it's better this way. Seriously, go ahead, jump! To me, that wouldn't even qualify as suicide or murder (nor encouragment, haha). A person with no identity or ego, no sentient thought, who takes their life on some stranger's whim, where's the loss in that? The reason I say this so bluntly is because there is no such person.

Everyone comes here on their own accord and are free to do as they please. People who wanna live do so, as do those who wanna die. This place is meant to provide comfort and freedom of choice. It respects our fundamental right as individuals to self-determination. Ultimately, it's a sanctuary though, not a prison. If you feel FC's comments aren't good for you, ffs, don't read them or put her on ignore. If you feel this forum is bad for you, then you are free to leave (and return) anytime. I really don't see the issue here. In fact, I find it rather ironic that some who detest FC's supposedly draconian view now want to enforce their own. It doesn't work like that. Everyone's free to speak their mind.

To me, there's no such thing as toxic negativity affecting the vulnerable, because this notion undermines the whole essence of this forum, i.e. everyone's right to decide their fate as individuals without the interference of others in whatever shape or form.

Reactions: Meditation guide, flower_g1rl and pthnrdnojvsc
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
But in these specific posts she is calling into question the state of the forum and how people participate on it. I think that's certainly fair game for discussion.

Reactions: kitty_kat, betternever2havbeen and Life Is My Coffin
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
It's one thing to vent and reach out for comfort on the site if you are struggling with depression or making peace with your decision and want some kind and understanding amongst people to speak with you, but it's another when you spam these inane posts about how death is so awesome and life is nothing but unending despair and constant suffering and continually keep bitching at everyone for even so much as having any shed of optimism or positivity. Falling back on her classic "pro life" insult any time someone doesn't see eye to eye with her very toxic opinions is the cherry on top. I can see why SS visitors are very suspicious of her being a troll that could possibly be encouraging suicide in a slow, non-obvious way.
I get wary sometimes too, but most of the time, I am just tired and at the point of why do I even bother thinking much at all when I can barely stand to be awake most of the time, you know? I apologize for not understanding the difference between one and the other. I try to keep my interactions with these types of posts to a minimum, but ig this can be an exception. Mostly because other threads catch my interest and so does the chat. I get nervous to put all of me out there precisely for this reason. I don't want to be considered a spammer if I just air my actual feelings so I try to contain it to my profile or when I'm having an episode and need understanding, I'll make my own thread.

But in these specific posts she is calling into question the state of the forum and how people participate on it. I think that's certainly fair game for discussion.
Oh yeah, most definitely. I don't know if she herself wants to discuss it much though since I don't see her interacting in the replies. I may be misinterpreting though, so thank you both for correcting me on that. I am still learning to pick up certain tones and signals in text and in person, so once more I apologize if I come across as something bad.
Also, @Life Is My Coffin, do you allow PMs? I was wondering because you sound really good at telling tone and the differences between spam and vents.

Greyscale

Greyscale

Sep 19, 2023
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Your views are incredibility black and white; there's a lot of nuance in life.

You've mentioned before that you feel nauseated and insulted when people push positive views onto you; that's fine.

However, you should also be aware that pushing extremist, negative views onto people is also bad.

You're not pro-choice; you're pro-death.

Reactions: rationaltake, StrawberryBlood, larastoned and 8 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I don't understand why everyone is jumping on FC, she has the absolute right to feel and express her point of view. Just put her on ignore if it bothers you.

Most people here have decided they want to end their lives and don't want to be talked out of it. Why come to a site like this and then complain that someone keeps posting how awful life is. Maybe it's the wrong site for you if you really think it's not ok to vent about life, even if it's a lot.

And maybe venting is helping FC, maybe it's her outlet. I hate to see people gang up like this on someone who is obviously suffering. Just block her if it bothers you!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheDog_, WonderingSoul, flower_g1rl and 4 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I agree. Thank you for saying this.

voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Your views are incredibility black and white; there's a lot of nuance in life.

You've mentioned before that you feel nauseated and insulted when people push positive views onto you; that's fine.

However, you should also be aware that pushing extremist, negative views onto people is also bad.

You're not pro-choice; you're pro-death.
Again, so what? It's her business if she possibly sees only black and white without those nuances and same goes for her allegedly being pro-death on her life.

I read the opening post again and I still don't see where she told any of you what to think, say or kill yourselves, and yet some seem to think they have a right to tell her what is proper conduct and how she has to express herself.

And last I heard, FC doesn't run this forum so her view is just one of 42,272. So, what gives?

Reactions: TheDog_, flower_g1rl, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
I thought the whole point of this forum was supposed to be a pro-choice place to respect the decision of people to die without all the pro-lifers who are everywhere else, yet there really does seem to be more and more pro-life comments even on here, it repulses me whenever I come across one.

I literally don't understand the people who worship meaningless and unnecessary suffering so much to the point that they see suicide as a terrible thing, and this is a pro-choice forum, not a pro-life prevention, unsolicited advice positivity platitude site.

Pro-choice means respecting decisions and the decision to die should only ever be respected. Just because some people view death as the worst thing ever doesn't mean this view applies to everyone, pro-life people should learn to mind their own business and accept that other people's decisions aren't theirs to make.

Sorry pro-lifers but it's not your place to say that someone shouldn't ctb as it's not your life, suicide is a personal decision and suicidal people only deserve to have their decision respected, not have strangers force their delusions onto them. Pro-life people are so delusional, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near suicide discussions.
But that's what pro-choice is, isn't it? People can have difference in opinions. If you bar "pro-lifers" from stating their position here, you're no better then them.

View attachment 122583
.View attachment 122584

I agree, it makes SaSu look bad and gives it the bad rep that it has. That's the problem. To me, it looks very much like trolling - attention-seeking exercise where somebody stirs the sh*t up an then reads the comments and enjoys all the reactivity they have caused. Unfortunately, people keep getting triggered by it, which gives them a sense of power. And a big problem is that these posts make people ashamed that they still want to live, still haven't toppled themselves, like they owe it to others. The hypocrisy of somebody who carries on and on for years, is not interested in discussing any methods or seen to plan anything. People here are for all sorts of reasons. This site and vulnerable people on it attract lots of toxic members.

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake, larastoned, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 6 others
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
@Life Is My Coffin She's probably the only member completely oblivious to her notoriety both on and off the forum. "I don't read pro-life drivel" 😒

Absolutely-she's trying to discourage anyone from ever posting anything positive AT ALL, from trying to talk with anyone, or make sure they're 100% about their decision. No that's not on at all. All while she has absolutely no intention of ever CTB herself, oh it's too difficult FOR HER, but death is the only answer for everyone else. I still don't know what to make of it. I wouldn't wanna think anyone has any bad intentions on here, but the posts lately, especially the emphasis on the "younger" age CTB, it worries me. It's been a LONG time since I was 18, so I can't remember how impressionable I was, but this idea that it's better to CTB at as young an age as possible, that she envies anyone who was young, I don't know if it would sway younger members to thinking the same, but I wouldn't like to take the chance.

It is verging on cultish language imo, why drilling it into our heads the same thing everyday and then not even have a discussion about it? Do you even read the replies FC? Probably too busy working on her next thread. It's not just venting, not when she's trying to tell us all off and change other people's behaviour. I even feel the same as her about life, I'm probably as miserable as her, but when we're talking about such a serious subject I can't take it lightly or try and convince everyone else there is NO hope. It's not the same for everyone, and I'm genuinely happy for others if it is possible for them to get through it and come out the other side to a happier life. Just because we are pro-choice doesn't mean there's not lots of mixed feelings involved about someone CTB. I can't imagine a forum under FC's rules, it wouldn't last long. Probably be about 10 people left on it...maybe that's what she wants.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, lostsou1, larastoned and 9 others
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
Again, so what? It's her business if she possibly sees only black and white without those nuances and same goes for her allegedly being pro-death on her life.

I read the opening post again and I still don't see where she told any of you what to think, say or kill yourselves, and yet some seem to think they have a right to tell her what is proper conduct and how she has to express herself.

And last I heard, FC doesn't run this forum so her view is just one of 42,272. So, what gives?
mfw reading every comment you've posted in this thread
IMG 3196

• Yay!
Reactions: Lullaby, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, randal_bond and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I like FC's posts, and frankly people who are here ranting it makes the site "look bad" are on my radar now.

I hope she doubles up on her posts on how she feels, yeh life sucks and if we all want to rant about that all day and night non stop too bad. It's a pro choice site and that's our choice.

• Love
Reactions: TheDog_, WonderingSoul, flower_g1rl and 3 others
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
Disagreement isn't disrespect. People can have differing opinions and still converse respectfully. I understand that this platform centers around suicide and everyone who joins should understand that too but that doesn't mean the message should always lean towards death as the solution. If someone has reached that point it should be respected but there are also people here who are unsure or are just really struggling and the support and kindness they receive on ss might be the only positivity they get.

Reactions: rationaltake, larastoned, ForgottenAgain and 5 others
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
I agree, it makes SaSu look bad and gives it the bad rep that it has. That's the problem.
Badder than usual bad? When did they ever objectively report on here? Therefore, what does it matter? Does anyone seriously believe FC will take this forum down? Really? With almost 30k posts to her name it would actually be fair to say that she hasn't done such harm or we'd not be here.
You're glazing waayyyyy too hard
Is that all you can come up with after five hours?

Reactions: TheDog_, Epsilon Lyrae and Meditation guide
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
Is that all you can come up with after five hours?
Imagine actually thinking I saw your dickriding comment five hours ago 💀 some people actually aren't a NEET bro. There's other stuff going on than just being on a phone or laptop. shocking I know.

• Love
Reactions: randal_bond and Life_and_Death
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
It almost sounds like people are objecting to someone who posts about hating life all the time. Now why would anyone on a site called sanctioned suicide think it's not ok to do that? If anything it proves that FC is right about the pro lifers here. It sounds like her posts have flushed them out of hiding.

• Love
Reactions: TheDog_, flower_g1rl, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
...some people actually aren't a NEET bro. There's other stuff going on than just being on a phone or laptop. shocking I know.
Shock of all shocks, I can agree with this part. I actually got done at work a bit ago.
It almost sounds like people are objecting to someone who posts about hating life all the time. Now why would anyone on a site called sanctioned suicide think it's not ok to do that? If anything it proves that FC is right about the pro lifers here.
Literally! I post about hating life a ton and agree with this take.

Reactions: TheDog_, pthnrdnojvsc, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
It almost sounds like people are objecting to someone who posts about hating life all the time. Now why would anyone on a site called sanctioned suicide think it's not ok to do that? If anything it proves that FC is right about the pro lifers here. It sounds like her posts have flushed them out of hiding.
Have you even been paying attention? that's got nothing to do with it at all but ok.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i love how the ones arguing for FC dont seem to be taking into account the way she words her posts. the what isnt the problem, its the when and how

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I like FC's posts, and frankly people who are here ranting it makes the site "look bad" are on my radar now.

I hope she doubles up on her posts on how she feels, yeh life sucks and if we all want to rant about that all day and night non stop too bad. It's a pro choice site and that's our choice.
"I hope she doubles up on her posts"-I don't think there's enough time in the day for that.

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake
Status
Not open for further replies.