• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GTNHisLOVE

GTNHisLOVE

Lowlife Pianist
Mar 10, 2024
I finally got the chance to buy a few razorblades. They were surprisingly cheap too, only about 2$. I haven't looked at them yet or unpacked them yet, but I feel so weird while holding them in my hand. I can't wait to see what they can do.

The box cutter I've been using just won't do it anymore, I can only cause small scratches with it. I feel happy but also uncomfortable finally having something else to hurt myself with.

I feel too scared to use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleCupcake
L

LittleCupcake

Experienced
Mar 14, 2024
Ive used a razor and the ones I got are good for shaving but are crap for cutting and require quite a bit of force, hope you have better luck

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I've got standard double edged blades and all I'll say is careful how you hold them and be aware that once you break the first few layers of skin, it's very easy to go much deeper than you intend. Get your first aid kit ready before you start cutting as things can get very messy, very quickly. (I used to use a box cutter before switching to razor blades and was not prepared.)

Reactions: druggedonsurvival
GTNHisLOVE

GTNHisLOVE

Lowlife Pianist
Mar 10, 2024
(I used to use a box cutter before switching to razor blades and was not prepared.)
I have also been using a box cutter. It got duller every time.

I dread this thin blade of man made and shaped metal. I'm still shaking a bit. I got rid of the wrapping paper and just held it to my skin and instantly started bleeding. I don't know if I like what it does or if i should be horrified.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
Cut more than a few layers of skin and the scars don't fade. And recurrent cutting leads to nerve damage (both under and hyper sensitive) and malformed scar tissue. Based on how my cuts looked the last time I took the dressings off, I'd say hold on to that fear.

H

HopelesslyAlive

Mar 12, 2024
I totally relate to this right now. Currently I use pencil sharpeners to cut and I honestly don't feel like they are cutting that deep, so I bought surgical scalpel blades and also razor blades yet have been terrified to use either of them.

Ww42

Ww42

Student
Feb 24, 2024
I totally relate to this right now. Currently I use pencil sharpeners to cut and I honestly don't feel like they are cutting that deep, so I bought surgical scalpel blades and also razor blades yet have been terrified to use either of them.
Theyre meant to cut tendons, ligaments, muscle etc, so if you ever do use them, please be very light-handed the first times because itll catch you off gaurd how deep they can go

• Hugs
Reactions: HopelesslyAlive
H

HopelesslyAlive

Mar 12, 2024
Theyre meant to cut tendons, ligaments, muscle etc, so if you ever do use them, please be very light-handed the first times because itll catch you off gaurd how deep they can go
I really appreciate that information, thank you! Is there anywhere I should particularly avoid?

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I really appreciate that information, thank you! Is there anywhere I should particularly avoid?
Anywhere that tendons, ligaments, major blood vessels etc are close to the surface (e.g. wrists, lower arms, neck, head, face, any joint, genitals, or any other areas without much fatty tissue)

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
Cut more than a few layers of skin and the scars don't fade. And recurrent cutting leads to nerve damage (both under and hyper sensitive) and malformed scar tissue. Based on how my cuts looked the last time I took the dressings off, I'd say hold on to that fear.
I can attest to this (the first sentence at least). I'll restate @Ash 's point and say if you're scared to use it, it's probably a sign that you shouldn't.
Neck, inner forearms, ankles, wrist, hands. Areas where the skin is thinner you need to avoid as it'll be essier to cut tendons, veins, deeper nerves.
I hope it would be obvious that it's not a good idea to cut your neck, lol.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Got blades myself too. They're cheap because they're supposed to be single use (10 for 2$). I personally hadn't used them yet, it's because the sharpness scared me. I literally did a light swipe of the blade in the pack and it cut open smoothly, too smoothly. The shock of it all plus testing on a few more surfaces ultimately made me not relapse (originally had semi dull used blades).

It is possible to cut "safely" (it is still a self injury in the end), but if you're not using it to CTB you need to take care of any injuries and/or wounds.

I used this resource when I bought my blades should/if I relapse: http://styro.sh (Google Doc redirect + archive)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HopelesslyAlive