• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
Let's say I have panic attacks because I am being threatened. I have permanent panic, which is quite a normal reaction of the body. But this panic totally paralyzes me, I can't think of anything else and I isolate myself. Can I still get medication? Because the underlying problem is very real and cannot be solved.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
Id say therapy, antianxiety med and a restraining order should help. Im on buspar for my anxiety and its helping.

D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
restraining order against a gang, I dont think this will work.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
When other people I know were in distress because of domestic violence, stalkers or harassment, yes, psychiatrists or sometimes regular doctors quickly offered the anxiety medication but did not always believe them about the abuse
You deserve both meds and to be believed. However you might have to seek those from different sources - a doctor for the meds, a shelter or grassroots group for help relocating. :( We are here for you!

Reactions: Weary Soul
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Given what you wrote, I think medication may well help and you should be able to get anti-anxiety meds depending on where you live.

I am not asking where you live, but some countries have anti-anxiety meds over the counter whereas in other countries they can be difficult to obtain.

The thing is, the anti-anxiety meds may help to relive your stress/anxiety/paralysis (or freeze mode) in the short run, but they will not solve the underlying problem.

Like others have said here, your best bet would be to move away if you can.

Reactions: western_heart
D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
So many people have recognized me in different parts of the country, it has become like the script of a bad movie.