• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Every single time that something happens I start to cry and now when the covid restrictions are less and I need to go outside to take care of my life everything is a mess. There's no necessary to happen something bad to start crying and when it happens I don't feel anything. I'm ok, I can keep a normal conversation and then suddenly I start to cry and I can't make it stop so I get frustrated. Also I make people uncomfortable because they think they did something wrong and they start to act weird, what makes it worse.

I suppose that over time I have completely disconnected from my feelings and therefore I don't understand why I cry or what is going on but I REALLY need something to make it stop or I'm gonna lose the little amount of sanity that I have left. Has anyone experienced something similar?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
For me it's always a decision to say "fuck it, whatever", and then start crying (ignoring alcohol). I think I've cried around five times since joining the forum or something, at least no more than ten times. I did have a handful of crying bouts where I didn't want to cry but it happened automatically, one was when I told my therapist about my situation somewhere between 9 and 24 months ago (lmao @ my memory).

I think your assumption that you will lose sanity from crying is wrong. I've heard that crying lowers stress and hits you with dopamine or something, can't be that bad. I get not wanting to cry randomly at work or whatever, so I'll think of something.

I think that increasing focus and getting a bit more aggressive in general would be good. Sadness is usually generated by some kind of rumination or getting overwhelmed I think.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't physically cry much anymore these days because I've done it so much already but I do whine a lot so I guess I'm still a crybaby.

I don't think there's anyway to stop it that won't trigger said crybaby tendencies so I'm not gonna bother.

C

Crusader

● I do not live ● ● I exist ●
Mar 6, 2021
I´m sorry to read this. It sounds like you are completely burned out. Maybe you have just too much on your mind. Maybe you are traumatized. You must find a way to inner peace.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
There can be a similarity between crying and anger. Each may be triggered by something unexpected especially if sudden. If you go into a situation with low expectations, you may be able to avoid reacting to things with an emotional "hair trigger".

C

Crusader

● I do not live ● ● I exist ●
Mar 6, 2021
There can be a similarity between crying and anger.
This is interesting. May be you need to scream and do sports to relieve pressure and anger.

Reactions: Lmd
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
For me it's always a decision to say "fuck it, whatever", and then start crying (ignoring alcohol). I think I've cried around five times since joining the forum or something, at least no more than ten times. I did have a handful of crying bouts where I didn't want to cry but it happened automatically, one was when I told my therapist about my situation somewhere between 9 and 24 months ago (lmao @ my memory).

I think your assumption that you will lose sanity from crying is wrong. I've heard that crying lowers stress and hits you with dopamine or something, can't be that bad. I get not wanting to cry randomly at work or whatever, so I'll think of something.

I think that increasing focus and getting a bit more aggressive in general would be good. Sadness is usually generated by some kind of rumination or getting overwhelmed I think.
Just yesterday I cried 4 times. 3 in the morning for random stuff and one in the evening because I was just sad. Regarding the part where I should be relieving, my therapist told me the same thing. That it was an answer to something and that crying isn't bad, which is another way to release your feelings but mine seems like a well that is never emptied, and that frustrates me a lot.

I don't physically cry much anymore these days because I've done it so much already but I do whine a lot so I guess I'm still a crybaby.

I don't think there's anyway to stop it that won't trigger said crybaby tendencies so I'm not gonna bother.
I though the same some years ago but this always comes back. I think it's a mix between my personality and my depression but I don't really know how to deal with it.

There can be a similarity between crying and anger. Each may be triggered by something unexpected especially if sudden. If you go into a situation with low expectations, you may be able to avoid reacting to things with an emotional "hair trigger".
This is interesting. May be you need to scream and do sports to relieve pressure and anger.
The thing is that I don't feel anything when I cry. To put you in situation I'm gonna describe why I cry yersterday:

-One was at the bakery. They gave me a croissant and I had to go with my head down because I was already sobbing and I didn't want to be seen.
- In a conversation about random stuff. A friend was telling me about his job and the conversation leads to aliens and totally random and anecdotal stuff. I suddenly started to cry and my friend was ???? Did I said something wrong? And the thing is that nothing happened. I just started to cry because yes.
-A friend told me that they loves me and wants to take breakfast with me someday. I started to cry like a child.
-When I was in my home alone I started to cry with no reason. I wasn't in a bad mood or sad or...anything. Just in my room crying without thinking.

Sometimes I cry because someone is kind with me as if no one had ever been good with me or I didn't received afection in a long time and this can be misunderstood that people are generally mean to me or something like that when the reality is, as a general rule, that everyone is nice and good with me. I don't feel that grateful or feeling like those actions are a world to me to start to cry the way I usually do. Most of the time that I start crying, I don't feel anything strong.

This doesn't apply to movies/games/songs. Also when I'm angry I don't cry because I have other resources to deal with it and solve it, although it's true that I can cry later out of frustration.

The thing is that most of the time I start to cry when I'm playing or watching something or talking with someone without anything having caused it. I can watch peppa pig and been crying and that's weird.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I though the same some years ago but this always comes back. I think it's a mix between my personality and my depression but I don't really know how to deal with it.
It usually comes back for me too, though it mostly only really comes from tv shows or movies. The last time I cried was from a scene in the South Park Pandemic Special of all things but that was more because I was going through something unrelated in reality and I guess the emotions in that scene from the episode caught me off guard so I completely understand.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Just yesterday I cried 4 times. 3 in the morning for random stuff and one in the evening because I was just sad. Regarding the part where I should be relieving, my therapist told me the same thing. That it was an answer to something and that crying isn't bad, which is another way to release your feelings but mine seems like a well that is never emptied, and that frustrates me a lot.

The thing is that I don't feel anything when I cry. To put you in situation I'm gonna describe why I cry yersterday:

-One was at the bakery. They gave me a croissant and I had to go with my head down because I was already sobbing and I didn't want to be seen.
- In a conversation about random stuff. A friend was telling me about his job and the conversation leads to aliens and totally random and anecdotal stuff. I suddenly started to cry and my friend was ???? Did I said something wrong? And the thing is that nothing happened. I just started to cry because yes.
-A friend told me that they loves me and wants to take breakfast with me someday. I started to cry like a child.
-When I was in my home alone I started to cry with no reason. I wasn't in a bad mood or sad or...anything. Just in my room crying without thinking.

Sometimes I cry because someone is kind with me as if no one had ever been good with me or I didn't received afection in a long time and this can be misunderstood that people are generally mean to me or something like that when the reality is, as a general rule, that everyone is nice and good with me. I don't feel that grateful or feeling like those actions are a world to me to start to cry the way I usually do. Most of the time that I start crying, I don't feel anything strong.

This doesn't apply to movies/games/songs. Also when I'm angry I don't cry because I have other resources to deal with it and solve it, although it's true that I can cry later out of frustration.

The thing is that most of the time I start to cry when I'm playing or watching something or talking with someone without anything having caused it. I can watch peppa pig and been crying and that's weird.
Here's your line: "Your words cut deeper than any blade,
pjlcmgypx9e31.jpg

" Then thank them for the croissant.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I cry for no reason as well. Walking down the street, supermarkets, café's, at home, everywhere. And it's not normal crying either. It comes in waves and it can be super intense and there's very little noise. It's very uncomfortable really. I can cry if someone doesn't say hello to me, stupid little things.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
90% of me crying is when I'm watching a movie, reading a book or listening to music. Although it's not really crying. My eyes just water up. A single tear kind of crying.
Looking at my life makes me wanna scream more than cry.

Reactions: Mentalmick
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
I've had my times where I was most sensitive, especially the previous months when I was thinking ctb. By that time he cried an average of 4-5 days a week. They were for various reasons ... being frustrated with myself, the pain of leaving my mother, watching a video that "touches me", receiving positive words from someone on the forum ... but I also had those nonsensical crying like scaring unintentionally some cats that were relaxed next to me.

Many times I could control them and I just kept quiet crying but sometimes the "explosion" would come and I had to cover my mouth.
Sometimes I was embarrassed to go out in case I started crying over some bullshit in public.
The last month I have endured a little better, sometime a week it happens, especially at night, but it does not usually go beyond 4 seconds.

I cannot advise you, but I understand it when it is enduring for so long. When I'm distracted, it happens less, but when I'm down, it's unpredictable.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
90% of me crying is when I'm watching a movie, reading a book or listening to music. Although it's not really crying. My eyes just water up. A single tear kind of crying.
Looking at my life makes me wanna scream more than cry.
I got kicked out of the cinema for laughing loudly whilst Saving Private Ryan was showing. Especially at the start, it made me spit my popcorn all over some twat in front of me.

T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
I cry for no reason as well. Walking down the street, supermarkets, café's, at home, everywhere. And it's not normal crying either. It comes in waves and it can be super intense and there's very little noise. It's very uncomfortable really. I can cry if someone doesn't say hello to me, stupid little things.
Hello

• Love
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I got kicked out of the cinema for laughing loudly whilst Saving Private Ryan was showing. Especially at the start, it made me spit my popcorn all over some twat in front of me.
Good thing Schindler's List wasn't showing that day.

• Yay!
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to have so much pressure from the people surrounding me and the system that I cried and yelled a lot.
Then, I told everybody to go fuck themselves and started from zero.
I'm still suicidal but I don't cry in front of everyone anymore. I can even pretend to be a very happy person in front of anybody very easily lol.

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I break down and cry sometimes too but because I can't regain the life I had after a medical malpractice. The mere fact that they took my health and life away without redeeming it in any way makes me angry to the point I want to lash out. You have to remember to stay calm because you do not know what tomorrow will bring. I'm feeling some improvements slowly come on but it'll be a while before Im better. I always wanted things in life so fast that I ended up messing up myself in the end. There's no need to cry. Just be happy about everything you have and if you are able boodied and go to work then do because itll take your mind off those negative thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lmd
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Here's your line: "Your words cut deeper than any blade,
pjlcmgypx9e31.jpg

" Then thank them for the croissant.
Now that you have put an image of Zabuza, I should act more like him, what do you think?

Yeah...This happens to me too. Once it's open sometimes it's hard to close it again. I wouldn't feel so bad if people didn't react the way they do or let it be tbh.

I used to have so much pressure from the people surrounding me and the system that I cried and yelled a lot.
Then, I told everybody to go fuck themselves and started from zero.
I'm still suicidal but I don't cry in front of everyone anymore. I can even pretend to be a very happy person in front of anybody very easily lol.
Was it difficult to achieve? I never faked what I think or what I feel but I'm starting to do it now because I don't want to worry anyone or make things uncomfortable and I have to stop to think about what I say or write, I seem more stupid than I am.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Was it difficult to achieve? I never faked what I think or what I feel but I'm starting to do it now because I don't want to worry anyone or make things uncomfortable and I have to stop to think about what I say or write, I seem more stupid than I am.

It was very hard at first but you get used to it little by little.
I started by imitating normal people. You know, casual talks, smiling, etc.

Let's say that the phrase that changed my life was "fake it until you make it"
There comes a moment in which you actually have goods for real!

I wish you the best of luck!

Hugs!?

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Something I've been learning is how to suppress the need to cry by basically repeating how the problem specifically doesn't matter in the end. While i do that, i move my eyes around a lot with my lids closed. This motion helps to suppress the tear ducts. I also try to return to another train of thought to distract myself.

I don't know if you can use this, but its here. I hope you find what you're looking for OP

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
If you cry for no reason at all it might be something neurological raher than you being a crybaby in the usual (emotional) sense of the term. Maybe talk to some sort of neurologist and ask if this is a thing?

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Something I've been learning is how to suppress the need to cry by basically repeating how the problem specifically doesn't matter in the end. While i do that, i move my eyes around a lot with my lids closed. This motion helps to suppress the tear ducts. I also try to return to another train of thought to distract myself.

I don't know if you can use this, but its here. I hope you find what you're looking for OP
The thing is that usually there isn't any problem to solve. Nothing happens so I can't think about anything and when it's for something bad I know there is an easy solution and I can fix that. That's why it's so frustrating but next time I'll try the eyes thing, hope it helps.

If you cry for no reason at all it might be something neurological raher than you being a crybaby in the usual (emotional) sense of the term. Maybe talk to some sort of neurologist and ask if this is a thing?
It seems that I don't have any physical problem that originates it so the only time I asked they didn't give it importance and when I have discussed it with a psychologist the answers were more disgusting than good advices or actual help so I'm always in the same stupid point.

Reactions: Makko
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I use to splash my face with cold water, that really did work, especially when crying in the shower/bath I'd just shock the cry outta me.
Still though, sometimes it is good to cry and just let it all out, no matter how big or small the thing you're crying over is.

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
The thing is that usually there isn't any problem to solve. Nothing happens so I can't think about anything and when it's for something bad I know there is an easy solution and I can fix that. That's why it's so frustrating but next time I'll try the eyes thing, hope it helps.
Oh I see, so for my own edification, you mean it's mostly unprompted? The crying I mean