A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Metal rings could work as some people were saying they work better for them. Location of the knot, just as rope, can be really anywhere on your neck and work fine, as long as it compresses carotids. Each body is different, and some people really do prefer knot in front. Metal rings are good too. Good luck

Reactions: all_pointless
R

Rose57

Student
Jan 2, 2019
is there a way to methodically find your sweet spot? like push down on every part of you neck til you find the spot? but what is best used to apply pressure? is applying pressure with the hand really enough for everyone?

D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
Compared to other methods I find it pretty tame, still will traumatize whoever finds you though.
Why should I care about who I traumatize? Let them get a taste of the hell we suffer through. It won't change anything anyway.

• Love
Reactions: meowcat and HillWhereIWillRest
V

Valsalva

Feb 25, 2020
Has anybody seen the Hanging video on YNC where the guy shows this "Olivia good bye" card? Do you think its real or fake?

Iamamistake

Iamamistake

Jun 2, 2020
Does one need to lean/kneel or stand straight for partial suspension? As well as which direction head needs to be titled? I'm thinking of using window bars, but am having a few doubts. (• ▽ •;)

Reactions: Trapped123
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
Does one need to lean/kneel or stand straight for partial suspension? As well as which direction head needs to be titled? I'm thinking of using window bars, but am having a few doubts. (• ▽ •;)
It all depends on personal body and expirience. All people are different

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamamistake
Trapped123

Trapped123

Jun 21, 2020
I will be gone within few weeks o and I have chosen full suspension as my method. Technically I am prepared but need to talk and feel some support. I've got a hook firmly drilled to the ceiling and 3/4" strong rope with slipknot. Setup is ready and waiting only for my final decision.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Solar1703, cyberlordsumit, all_pointless and 4 others
Trapped123

Trapped123

Jun 21, 2020
I feel the same way, Im giving myself one month as there are things i need to get in order
My setup is really simple. I own an almost empty cabin and I drilled a hook into the ceiling. The 3/4" rope is noosed and attached firmly. Below a simple kitchen stool. That's all.

Reactions: Glowbaby
Glowbaby

Glowbaby

May 24, 2020
Did you secure the hook with a latch for extra strength ? How can Assure it will hold. Im 110lbs and 5.2 . Do you attach to rope in a certain way? I reaearch but im so afraid im going to get it wrong. Since my daughters homicide in april my mind doesnt think clearly. I have the location and no one will look for me for awhile as ive completely distanced myself from everyone since my daughter passed so that is in my favor

• Hugs
Reactions: Black Rose Bunny, Iamamistake and Trapped123
Trapped123

Trapped123

Jun 21, 2020
Did you secure the hook with a latch for extra strength ? How can Assure it will hold. Im 110lbs and 5.2 . Do you attach to rope in a certain way? I reaearch but im so afraid im going to get it wrong. Since my daughters homicide in april my mind doesnt think clearly. I have the location and no one will look for me for awhile as ive completely distanced myself from everyone since my daughter passed so that is in my favor
The hook is drilled securely to concrete ceiling - it's an expansion bolt. I have used a hitch knot to attach the rope which is noosed in slipknot. I have tested this setup and it's ready for heavy objects. Another important issue is to adjust length of the rope through trial and error method.

Reactions: Glowbaby
B

Bsbsb12

Apr 22, 2020
Hello. I've read whole this megathread but I want to ask, because I don't understand it good enough - If I will use position 2 will it guarantee my death? when I practiced the first attempts in the queue were the very best - further closing the arteries was somehow more difficult. Will arteries and trachea be exactly closed if I lose consciousness in this position? Can it happen that the pressure is not enough? I will use 10mm rope, a bar seems to be strong enough, I've tested it with my weight swaying on it. I will attach a photo, it will be like that but without a lower bar
I want to do it today, reply me please if you know something.
(Sry for bad English)
Update: I find out Probably my knot for a anchor isn't good. But I I'm not sure, now to seems to be good. Probably that problem is it need to be tighten hardly before use. I will test it again with my full weight.

Attachments

• IMG_20200619_112722.jpg
    IMG_20200619_112722.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
  • Love
Mgl91

Mgl91

Nothing is real
Feb 16, 2020
Hello. I've read whole this megathread but I want to ask, because I don't understand it good enough - If I will use position 2 will it guarantee my death? when I practiced the first attempts in the queue were the very best - further closing the arteries was somehow more difficult. Will arteries and trachea be exactly closed if I lose consciousness in this position? Can it happen that the pressure is not enough? I will use 10mm rope, a bar seems to be strong enough, I've tested it with my weight swaying on it. I will attach a photo, it will be like that but without a lower bar
I want to do it today, reply me please if you know something.
(Sry for bad English)
I can tell you about my experience. I was practicing and I read a lot here. to faint you have to apply as much pressure as possible to block the blood to the head. If you do not succeed, it is pain, it is hell and you will not bear the desire to remove the rope from your neck ... I am still looking for the right method ... sorry for my English, I speak Spanish ...

Iamamistake

Iamamistake

Jun 2, 2020
It all depends on personal body and expirience. All people are different

Thanks for the reply. ^^ I read about various positions~ standing, kneeling, sitting, lying~ in the suicide wiki here that it's confusing me. I g I have quite a thin neck and as for the experience, I'm going to try it for the first time and sort of hope that it's be the last time too but so many factors have to be correct is exhausting.
I was just wondering as it was written~ "kneeling is discouraged compared to standing and sitting" (something like that), would it be better to try with not kneeling~bothee factors considered~ am going to use a "dupatta" (it doesn't have an English translation) which is a long stall/scarf like cloth, not the best option, but I'm not in a position to buy ropes or neckties, and thinking of tying knot at back cuz it was written that's the best option.
I sort of confusing myself with the more I read about it. :-\

Last edited:
  • Hugs
H

hellowinter90

Jun 22, 2020
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
Thank you x

A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply. ^^ I read about various positions~ standing, kneeling, sitting, lying~ in the suicide wiki here that it's confusing me. I g I have quite a thin neck and as for the experience, I'm going to try it for the first time and sort of hope that it's be the last time too but so many factors have to be correct is exhausting.
I was just wondering as it was written~ "kneeling is discouraged compared to standing and sitting" (something like that), would it be better to try with not kneeling~bothee factors considered~ am going to use a "dupatta" (it doesn't have an English translation) which is a long stall/scarf like cloth, not the best option, but I'm not in a position to buy ropes or neckties, and thinking of tying knot at back cuz it was written that's the best option.
I sort of confusing myself with the more I read about it. :-\
Yeah,overthinking doesnt help me either. Dupatta is good enough, i used such scarf as well. Kneeling does fail alot and knot position you can test out. If one position of knot and noose dont work, other might so dont give up. Im not sure wich partial position would work the best tho as they all failed for me. Best of luck

• Love
Reactions: Trapped123 and Iamamistake
V

Valsalva

Feb 25, 2020
Practiced partial today. Best results with knot in front and noose above AA. Starting to collapse after 5 sec. But not really unconscious. But think, if I fix the rope it would work and I collapse.

Reactions: wearingmyheart, Glowbaby, Trapped123 and 1 other person
H

hellowinter90

Jun 22, 2020
Practiced partial today. Best results with knot in front and noose above AA. Starting to collapse after 5 sec. But not really unconscious. But think, if I fix the rope it would work and I collapse.
Yeah I just don't want to end up a vegetable

D

Djfrend

Jun 22, 2020
First post here. Have just tested (using a dressing gown cord...will need to test with proper strength rope) and have been getting body spasms in 4 seconds and then tingling after a few seconds more. vaguely similar to collapsing/fainting after standing up from a bath, a bit like nitrous. Yet to get blackout vision although i am just experimenting by using my hand pulling up on the cord with no anchor point. First time i have got any other sensations than horrid exploding head and/or suffocating. Knot at the back of neck, one inch to the right of centre. cord just above adams apple. Am i on the right track?

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
First post here. Have just tested (using a dressing gown cord...will need to test with proper strength rope) and have been getting body spasms in 4 seconds and then tingling after a few seconds more. vaguely similar to collapsing/fainting after standing up from a bath, a bit like nitrous. Yet to get blackout vision although i am just experimenting by using my hand pulling up on the cord with no anchor point. First time i have got any other sensations than horrid exploding head and/or suffocating. Knot at the back of neck, one inch to the right of centre. cord just above adams apple. Am i on the right track?
Yes, if there is no head exploding,you are on a right track

Reactions: Djfrend
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Apologies is this is off topic:
Using the hanging method, does anyone know or have any info on if/when you piss and shit yourself?

Reactions: all_pointless and AnxietyAttack44
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
Apologies is this is off topic:
Using the hanging method, does anyone know or have any info on if/when you piss and shit yourself?
You most likely will piss/shit yourself if you didnt empty. I herd fasting and peeing before helps, but doesnt guarantee cleanliness.

It happens after you pass out for a while, as youre closer to dieing. Body muscles relax and let it all out.

I herd diapers help

Reactions: hellowinter90 and Dead beat dad
Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
ignore the belt does this computer cord look thick enough? f not anyone have ny good recomendations on ropes
20200629 185019

Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
The support and the rope look very weak. What is your weight?
not sure about weight but the support is pretty secure i sat on top of it for 4 minutes and it didnt bend. not sure about cord tho yeah. going to buy a nylon tomorrow i think

S

Samsa

May 7, 2020
View attachment 34160View attachment 34161

In these images, I have pinpointed the carotid arteries with yellow arrows. As can be seen from the images, it's nearly impossible to block the carotid arteries by putting the rope below the Adam's apple. How do then people locate and block the carotid below the Adam's apple?
So the arteries are located below what appears to be tendons. I can feel them both very clearly on either side. At first, when I eventually found that "sweetspot" I thought "Curious. Arteries (and vessels in general) shouldn't feel that hard and should be located deeper within the body"...now I know what I truly touched It's the tendons, but the arteries are located almost right below. The question is now: How do you compress the arteries when there is obviously hard tissue covering them?

S

Samsa

May 7, 2020
Is it possible that the jugular veins are located right above the carotis communis?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
Is it possible that the jugular veins are located right above the carotis communis?

So the arteries are located below what appears to be tendons. I can feel them both very clearly on either side. At first, when I eventually found that "sweetspot" I thought "Curious. Arteries (and vessels in general) shouldn't feel that hard and should be located deeper within the body"...now I know what I truly touched It's the tendons, but the arteries are located almost right below. The question is now: How do you compress the arteries when there is obviously hard tissue covering them?
I had same issue. Imposible to do it with hands alone for me. Theyre well protected and deep. Ligature only. I had to put alot of pressure, but it worked in the end.

Ligature has to be low on neck for me, as i lean into it.

I hope it helps s bit

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and the-eternal
S

Samsa

May 7, 2020
I have another question for those who are well informed and have experience: Is this a good setup? What I mean in particular: Two separate anchor points and the rope slung around the neck. Therefore no noose needed and the deeper you drop, the more the rope cuts into the neck.

Attachments

• image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
I have another question for those who are well informed and have experience: Is this a good setup?
Yea i think it is. As long as everything holds well and doesnt break and untie.

S

Samsa

May 7, 2020
Yea i think it is. As long as everything holds well and doesnt break and untie.
My point is, there wouldn't be a noose but due to the rope slung around the neck, there would basically be pressure coming from BOTH sides of the neck, which to me seems to be ideal in terms of shutting off the blood flow from the arteries.