• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Mordrea

Mar 20, 2023
So, I found a great resource. https://archive.md/YaFuM And I'm prepared to do this today. I'm using a climbing rope. Not sure the actual width. But it's pretty thick and sturdy. I've got it draped over my closet door. The noose is a slip knot, and the anchor knot is a snuggle hitch. My issue is the rope is too thick and my door will not close. Any suggestions?

K

kernel_panic

Feb 11, 2023
My sweet spot is at the very bottom of my neck, and my position is kneeling with knees in the air without leaning forward. I'm planning to make a very tight slip knot and tighten the noose as much as I can before hanging, but I'm still worried about the rope sliding up my neck to the point where it doesn't compress the carotid arteries anymore after losing consciousness. Does that even matter? And if yes, are there any ways to ensure it doesn't happen?

i am dead boys

i am dead boys

Apr 1, 2023
Question would this work with a belt? So I have a belt that can fully close aound anything bc of the hole placement so would it be effective to close it around my neck the tightest I can and then not need to hang? I have a place I'll ctb by hanging fully suspended if this isn't a very good method I'd just prefer to be laying down when I die or I wanna die with someone lol

I'mGoingUnder

I'mGoingUnder

Dec 14, 2022
Do y'all think 6mm for diameter would be too short? The website says the maximum weight is 900kg so all good there, but it also says that the maximum breaking strength (unsure if this is the correct word in English) is 9kN. Would that be enough?

Reactions: sadsadsack
starsz

starsz

Mar 29, 2023
I've been trying to partial hang but everytime I start to lose consciousness (I still have thoughts going through my brain its like I'm sleeping and not aware of what happening) my body just pushs me up and I'm aware again and dizzy , does anyone know if I'm doing this right or not? I really dont know what I'm doing that's making this so difficult. Sorry if this does not make sense I'm confused myself sense I have not read anyone having the same experience

N

NinePointEight

Isn't gravity a blessing?
Dec 17, 2021
So, I found a great resource. https://archive.md/YaFuM And I'm prepared to do this today. I'm using a climbing rope. Not sure the actual width. But it's pretty thick and sturdy. I've got it draped over my closet door. The noose is a slip knot, and the anchor knot is a snuggle hitch. My issue is the rope is too thick and my door will not close. Any suggestions?
Use a door knob or a towel to wedge the door in place. use a saw to cut a notch in the top of the door where the rope will fit.

M

my-end

Leaving not grieving
Dec 19, 2022
Wouldn't really matter much I suppose but you could poke a hole through the wall over the door frame and thread your rope through it...make a knot. Minor damage and easy to repair.

H

heeroyuyluvr

Mar 23, 2023
So I've tied my rope in the closet, surprisingly sturdy bar in there.
I'm planning on doing a partial. Today was my first attempt and I'm not sure how I'm going to overcome SI...I don't have much time and welcome any advice yall have.

P

pphelpme

Count down
Feb 6, 2022
This is what the initial entry for this mega thread said. Why is a rope NOT a good choice?

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

\
Can I use a belt to hang myself? Is that doable?
Can anyone share an image of how you can use a belt? And how you attach something to a door knob? I can't wrap my head around how you do either. A huge thank you!!!!

Last edited:
L

lost-unfound

Mar 10, 2023
been running some tests, is it normal to feel a strong pressure in the face area? or is this a sign I'm doing something wrong?

M

MATZsemantics

Run Over
Mar 7, 2023
Tied an overhand slipknot with a long dog leash tonight. Hung it from a rack in my closet and knelt and pulled forward. About 10 seconds in my entire face started to go numb like I was on an anaesthetic and my hearing started to fade out. My ears are still popped. Is this the right feeling to feel? The leash is a little loose as well. How do I make a knot I can put on my head but ensure won't be able to be pulled off when death throes start? Also, is kneeling an alright position?

M

MATZsemantics

Run Over
Mar 7, 2023
Tied an overhand slipknot with a long dog leash tonight. Hung it from a rack in my closet and knelt and pulled forward. About 10 seconds in my entire face started to go numb like I was on an anaesthetic and my hearing started to fade out. My ears are still popped. Is this the right feeling to feel? The leash is a little loose as well. How do I make a knot I can put on my head but ensure won't be able to be pulled off when death throes start? Also, is kneeling an alright position?
Sorry for the stupid questions. I've rethought my plan and have tied a necktie to the leash and hung it to a stable and higher location above my door. I'm very underweight so hopefully it will hold. Anything I'm overlooking?

W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
I am wondering about Long-drop suspension. If the drop is high enough it will literally tear your head off. I guess that should provide instant death or something close enough.

Has anyone done research on it and can provide some useful info?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Long drop sounds great but is not practical. A good slip knot and not touching the floor should knock you out in seconds and avoids tie-down and rope failures.
Test your setup. Attach the rope to your tie-down point and see if it will support you. Wiggle around a bit. If it holds, it is good. If it fails, you just saved yourself from a failure with no trauma.

Reactions: SenseOfLoss
L

lostallhope17

Jun 13, 2022
Is a loft bed a really good place to hang yourself from?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Grab it with both hands and see how it supports you. Move around to simulate any movements you might have. If it holds and is high enough you will not touch the floor, you have your plan.

Q

QiTianDaSheng

Apr 6, 2023
@Worndown
Why is long drop impractical?
Only big downside is you have to do it in the wild, not a hotel room.

Reactions: Amaterasu
meowtistic

meowtistic

I just wanna sleep
Apr 10, 2023
been running some tests, is it normal to feel a strong pressure in the face area? or is this a sign I'm doing something wrong?
I don't wanna spread misinformation but I'm pretty sure this means you're not cutting off your carotid arteries good enough while having the jugular veins pulsing, since from what I've heard they pulse blood out of the head, so try to run the pressure quicker, or maybe it's a fact of sweet spot? I hope someone else can better answer your question, finding information here can be hard sometime

Reactions: grahf
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
@Worndown
Why is long drop impractical?
Only big downside is you have to do it in the wild, not a hotel room.
You need:
Longer rope.
Higher tie off point and a way to reach it.
Stronger tie off point that can survive the increased load.
Stronger rope that will not break with increased load.
Calculate drop distance based on your weight and your body structure to break neck and not wound you or tear head off.
The guts to take that first, BIG step.

If you just eased off a chair with a slip knot, you would be gone by now.

W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
You need:
Longer rope.
Higher tie off point and a way to reach it.
Stronger tie off point that can survive the increased load.
Stronger rope that will not break with increased load.
Calculate drop distance based on your weight and your body structure to break neck and not wound you or tear head off.
The guts to take that first, BIG step.

If you just eased off a chair with a slip knot, you would be gone by now.

Whats wrong with tearing your head off? Instant death!

• Yay!
Reactions: QiTianDaSheng
P

pphelpme

Count down
Feb 6, 2022
TY for the info, but I'd rather drop 5-6 feet causing the neck to break. Also, I'll use zip ties to restrain my hands behind my back, so if SI kicks in & neck doesn't break, then I'll still cease to exist
How would tighten zip ties BEHIND your back? What do you use to tighten the zip tie?

Q

QiTianDaSheng

Apr 6, 2023
I mean that long drop 'pop goes the weasel' seems pretty simple and attainable to me.
But rope snapping/cutting on canter or mount failing are concerns you won't get from regular hanging.
But regular hanging also has a high failure/vegetable rate that I'd rather avoid. One could SN too I guess, but access is an issue.

I think the biggest issue is that one big step knowing the sharp tug is waiting. Rather than just kicking a chair out.

Zip tying behind back is clever. Or handcuffs. Both can be put on by yourself, but would certainly confuse police lol.

tams

tams

Mar 27, 2023
I have read a bit of those thread, and I thought I will unlikely ctb by hanging, I wanna have it as a back up just in case. From my understanding you wanna out the rope halfway between your Adam's Apple and the base of your neck. But I have also read it you wanna place it where the pulse is on your neck. Which is it?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
For full the rope should be high on the neck, under the jaw. If it is lower, it will just get pulled up and that will not feel good.
Partial is different. A little practice will let you know the correct placement. There are more variables.

Reactions: QiTianDaSheng