• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

eternalbliss22

Dec 17, 2022
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
TY for the info, but I'd rather drop 5-6 feet causing the neck to break. Also, I'll use zip ties to restrain my hands behind my back, so if SI kicks in & neck doesn't break, then I'll still cease to exist

Reactions: lukas19
dukedoom

dukedoom

lemme die
Jan 14, 2023
Can you hang yourself with this rope? polypropylene I weigh around 70kg, 180cm tall

Attachments

• IMG_3111.jpg
    IMG_3111.jpg
    838.6 KB · Views: 0
Lone_Traveler90

Lone_Traveler90

Jan 7, 2023
Can you hang yourself with this rope? polypropylene I weigh around 70kg, 180cm tall
That depends. If you do partial, yeah that will ok. If you want to do full suspension, really make sure that it can support xAmmountof times your weight. When you black out your body will convulse, you have to make sure that rope won't snap under your weight for hours. It takes quite short to die ( around 30 min after blackout) but make sure that it can hold your weight for extended period of time.

Reactions: tonytwist007
dukedoom

dukedoom

lemme die
Jan 14, 2023
Might have to do a full suspension and just suffer through it as i found that my pulse beats the strongest on my neck in alignment with the my adams apple...

D

Damnation

Jan 17, 2023
I feel really defeated by this method. I can't bring myself to step off a stool for full suspension, or put up with the discomfort of partial anymore. I don't know why it's so difficult to find the comfortable sweet spot :(

I think I've already researched everything I could possibly research to get this to work, but on the off chance that someone knows a magic bullet, any suggestions for partial? A specific position or angle? I'm in a rush so I don't want to resort to SN, but I tried partial so many times that I think I damaged something, having my throat constricted makes me unbearably nauseous now. I'm at a loss..

H

hassan

Jan 11, 2023
I feel really defeated by this method. I can't bring myself to step off a stool for full suspension, or put up with the discomfort of partial anymore. I don't know why it's so difficult to find the comfortable sweet spot :(

I think I've already researched everything I could possibly research to get this to work, but on the off chance that someone knows a magic bullet, any suggestions for partial? A specific position or angle? I'm in a rush so I don't want to resort to SN, but I tried partial so many times that I think I damaged something, having my throat constricted makes me unbearably nauseous now. I'm at a loss..
Same

deathissosad

deathissosad

I will find you in the afterlife my Nanes. -boov 😢
Nov 17, 2022
Could i use a rock climbing sling similar to this but a little thicker? Still figuring how to knot it but thought it would be more comfortable on the neck
03B0A2DA 0AB2 4284 9B31 351FE731D86F
Belgium has a coastline and harbours, you will "find" numerous ropes in each harbour. You can also buy ropes at Amazon and at hardware stores.
Could i use a sling like i have pictured?

L

later

Feb 2, 2023
Are there any photos of people placing the knot in front and doing partial hanging

elephantshoe

elephantshoe

unfinished business finisher
Jan 25, 2023
A hemp rope is better than any ropes? What diameter do you recommenda
hemp rope or the kind that is used for climbing. I think 8-12mm are recommended

Hello everyone. I've read about 50 pages of this thread. I plan on going partial from a doorframe with a climbing rope.
Problem: I'm chronically ill and might lose access to my setup before going through with it, because of unexpected hospizalization, having to move to my parents/ some care facility etc. of course I can't take my 10m rope to those places unnoticed. :ahhha:
I know that belts are pretty unsafe, but i'm thinking about it as a last resort backup since lots of famous people seem to have made it work. I'm really bad at practical thinking and just can't imagine at all how I could for example tie up a rather sturdy leather belt. I surely cannot tie any knots with it.
Can anyone please explain in detail how a simple belt setup (from doorknob?) could work? Appreciate it :)

Last edited:
L

later

Feb 2, 2023
I have read this tread and experimental a lot finally figured out the way i am able to pass out
Had similar experience as people suggest confusion and black out comes instantly if you let go of the body all at once
I was sure to die but the knot opened so this time I am doing double loop slip knot instead of one loop
I am putting the knot in front this way no obstruction of wind pipe is their and zero discomfort.

Reactions: elephantshoe
ੈ ‧₊˚ ↱🍒. Cherry ⸙

ੈ ‧₊˚ ↱🍒. Cherry ⸙

Dec 24, 2022
I have read this tread and experimental a lot finally figured out the way i am able to pass out
Had similar experience as people suggest confusion and black out comes instantly if you let go of the body all at once
I was sure to die but the knot opened so this time I am doing double loop slip knot instead of one loop
I am putting the knot in front this way no obstruction of wind pipe is their and zero discomfort.
hi, how to lean forward with knot infront

elephantshoe

elephantshoe

Jan 25, 2023
How to practice partial safely?

As I said this thread provides lots of useful information regarding knot placement, ligatures, materials etc. What I'm missing are clear instructions on how to safely practice if different knot placements or ligatures work for you.
Might sound a bit dumb, but since Covid fried my brain big time I can't "imagine" stuff and can't think creatively anymore. I always need detailed instructions for everything.

Is there a way to recreate the actual scenario while maintaining a safe way out? As I mentioned before, I'm planning to go partial ("sitting" position probably) with a rope hanging over the doorframe, fastened at the doorknob.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Arcanist
Aug 28, 2021
How to practice partial safely?

As I said this thread provides lots of useful information regarding knot placement, ligatures, materials etc. What I'm missing are clear instructions on how to safely practice if different knot placements or ligatures work for you.
Might sound a bit dumb, but since Covid fried my brain big time I can't "imagine" stuff and can't think creatively anymore. I always need detailed instructions for everything.

Is there a way to recreate the actual scenario while maintaining a safe way out? As I mentioned before, I'm planning to go partial ("sitting" position probably) with a rope hanging over the doorframe, fastened at the doorknob.

Do you mean how to hang your self and be sure that you will not die? The only way is with the help of a partner. All methods without a partner are not 100% save!

elephantshoe

elephantshoe

Jan 25, 2023
Do you mean how to hang your self and be sure that you will not die? The only way is with the help of a partner. All methods without a partner are not 100% save!
I guess. Seems like people experiment a lot, figuring out how to place the knot to make themselves pass out quickly. Makes sense since I wouldnt want to get everything ready to ctb just to fail at passing out. You're probably right about the partner thing. What would be the closest you can get to save practice?

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
PM me if you are planning to hang too.
I'm looking for that bdsm rope, but still doubting if it will be partial or full.
Read again and again the Geo Stone chapter about hanging and its the only method I have peace of doing it...

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Arcanist
Aug 28, 2021
I guess. Seems like people experiment a lot, figuring out how to place the knot to make themselves pass out quickly. Makes sense since I wouldnt want to get everything ready to ctb just to fail at passing out. You're probably right about the partner thing. What would be the closest you can get to save practice?

Put the nooose around your neck, sling the rope over something like a pull up bar and hold the other end with your hands. You will fall on the ground when you pass out. The ground should be soft.

L

later

Feb 2, 2023
So i think the best way to do it is keep the knot in front with a little gap so it is not completely tight and then just go straight down
You will need an anchor or something that is high so you are just able to stand on your toes With the rope around your neck and your face looking up then bent your legs this will put pressure on the cartoid but not the wind pipe if feel like passing then straighten you leg
If you do it correctly you should feel a vibration like feeling all over your body
Do a slip knot with two loops for neck and the knot should be very tight so it does easily silp like it should take a little effort to make the rope hole bigger or smaller

anx_out

anx_out

Anx
Feb 9, 2023
i need some second opinions... I'm confident that my rope and anchor point are very secure (I'm planning to buy a proper rope that can hold a fuckton of weight and i have a pull-up bar), but i'm torn on some things. i could do both partial and full. on one hand i'm scared that i won't be able to lose consciousness with partial and that i'll just back out, but on the other i'm also scared of the pain that comes with full (because of the crushing of the windpipe). would having the slip knot in front of my neck help relief that, or would padding work (and what kind?)? then, how likely is it that you lose consciousness with partial but then end up surviving by relieving the pressure through your body's convulsions, or through whatever other reason? also, when i did a little test with a bath robe tie, i felt my lips and tongue getting tingly... does that mean the spot was right, or not necessarily? i'm still leaning towards full, just to guarantee success, but please give me suggestions

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
i need some second opinions... I'm confident that my rope and anchor point are very secure (I'm planning to buy a proper rope that can hold a fuckton of weight and i have a pull-up bar), but i'm torn on some things. i could do both partial and full. on one hand i'm scared that i won't be able to lose consciousness with partial and that i'll just back out, but on the other i'm also scared of the pain that comes with full (because of the crushing of the windpipe). would having the slip knot in front of my neck help relief that, or would padding work (and what kind?)? then, how likely is it that you lose consciousness with partial but then end up surviving by relieving the pressure through your body's convulsions, or through whatever other reason? also, when i did a little test with a bath robe tie, i felt my lips and tongue getting tingly... does that mean the spot was right, or not necessarily? i'm still leaning towards full, just to guarantee success, but please give me suggestions
The padding in the neck reduce discomfort, but interfere with the proper pressure in the carotid artery, who is responsible for the bloodflow to brain. I know that some people use padding to avoid the red mark when you are "testing", but when you really want to die I read that padding is undesirable because the pressure is less effective.
About your symtomps at tounge and lips, I don't feel something similar. I only started to feel dizzy and my legs tremble when I lean foward with my knees. My heart rushed tremendously.
About fearing to not achieve in partial, I think that the key is to secure really really well the anchor point of the other side of the rope, and had the most thighten noose possible in your neck, and if you are alone at least 30 minutes, death will be more probable. The only problem with partial is if in any scenario that you fail, brain damage is possible, if in the convulsions stage the noose loosen or the rope break at the anchor point, or the anchor point is broken.
Now, in full, I have similar concerns. Pain at the windpipe its my least concern, because I admit that act will hurt anyway, but my main issue is to find a private space to do it and being alone the same time of 10 up to 30 minutes. Some medic research said that brain death could be possible in only 5 minutes, but I want to be 100% sure that I will pass away.
Whatever you decide, or I'll decide, it's important to clarify that this method can be scary in any forms. But when you are give up of life and society, I think fear is the last barrier who will must overcome.

anx_out

anx_out

Anx
Feb 9, 2023
The padding in the neck reduce discomfort, but interfere with the proper pressure in the carotid artery, who is responsible for the bloodflow to brain. I know that some people use padding to avoid the red mark when you are "testing", but when you really want to die I read that padding is undesirable because the pressure is less effective.
About your symtomps at tounge and lips, I don't feel something similar. I only started to feel dizzy and my legs tremble when I lean foward with my knees. My heart rushed tremendously.
About fearing to not achieve in partial, I think that the key is to secure really really well the anchor point of the other side of the rope, and had the most thighten noose possible in your neck, and if you are alone at least 30 minutes, death will be more probable. The only problem with partial is if in any scenario that you fail, brain damage is possible, if in the convulsions stage the noose loosen or the rope break at the anchor point, or the anchor point is broken.
Now, in full, I have similar concerns. Pain at the windpipe its my least concern, because I admit that act will hurt anyway, but my main issue is to find a private space to do it and being alone the same time of 10 up to 30 minutes. Some medic research said that brain death could be possible in only 5 minutes, but I want to be 100% sure that I will pass away.
Whatever you decide, or I'll decide, it's important to clarify that this method can be scary in any forms. But when you are give up of life and society, I think fear is the last barrier who will must overcome
thank you! one thing that helps is that with full, the pain should be over pretty quickly. i do think that will be my method. i hope you can find a place for it, too. i would definitely do it indoors or really, really far away from any towns or houses, in a dense forest. i will also get myself drunk before i attempt, just to numb the pain and fear.

Reactions: Worndown
FlameWhisperer

FlameWhisperer

Sigma Wolf
Feb 21, 2023
Apologies if this was already asked, but I am concerned with failing partial or full, so I thought about doing it in a way I break my neck and that's it. Anybody knows the necessary length of the rope to make that happen? What would the best kind of rope to make this happen look like?

I cannot do it at home, so I am thinking on finding a spot with a strong enough tree branch that could hold my weight enough to make this happen. Since the goal is to break the neck, I suppose convulsions are not a problem, but will require a sort of whip effect, and therefore the support must handle my weight and some more (I am a rather light weight person, around ~110/50kg, probably a little less right now.)

I wish I could do night night or similar, as I have experienced before being choked in a way I gradually lost consciousness, and it was very peaceful, I didn't even try to fight it, but the one doing that was not intending to have me collapsing, so they obviously let me go as soon as they realized my body relaxed and I was fainting. Just, I think I will have a hard time getting it right by myself and I don't really have a place to experiment with it as I share a room with someone else and there is not a moment someone isn't around for more than a few minutes, or I can risk getting caught experimenting with it anyway.

Thank you

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Apologies if this was already asked, but I am concerned with failing partial or full, so I thought about doing it in a way I break my neck and that's it. Anybody knows the necessary length of the rope to make that happen? What would the best kind of rope to make this happen look like?

I cannot do it at home, so I am thinking on finding a spot with a strong enough tree branch that could hold my weight enough to make this happen. Since the goal is to break the neck, I suppose convulsions are not a problem, but will require a sort of whip effect, and therefore the support must handle my weight and some more (I am a rather light weight person, around ~110/50kg, probably a little less right now.)

I wish I could do night night or similar, as I have experienced before being choked in a way I gradually lost consciousness, and it was very peaceful, I didn't even try to fight it, but the one doing that was not intending to have me collapsing, so they obviously let me go as soon as they realized my body relaxed and I was fainting. Just, I think I will have a hard time getting it right by myself and I don't really have a place to experiment with it as I share a room with someone else and there is not a moment someone isn't around for more than a few minutes, or I can risk getting caught experimenting with it anyway.

Thank you
Go with a good slip knot and a strong tree limb. Full will let you pass out quickly...you already know about that.
Neck breaking is done by professionals and in movies. Do not try that at home!

Caoine01

Caoine01

Experienced
Feb 23, 2023
You do need a strong beam to stopp your weight at once. The force along the rope could be multible of your weight.
Also your weight should be high enough to rise this force to the reqired force. There are tabels for this within this webside.

FlameWhisperer

FlameWhisperer

Sigma Wolf
Feb 21, 2023
Go with a good slip knot and a strong tree limb. Full will let you pass out quickly...you already know about that.
Neck breaking is done by professionals and in movies. Do not try that at home!
Thank you for your answer. It turns out my sweet spot was just hard to find out, but I already did, and now have a good idea on how to perform night-night or even partial/full! :)

Reactions: Worndown