piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
For me it's only been 4 weeks since I found my wife had done the same, it's been the worst month of my life and life can't get any worse for me so I really empathise with all of you who have been struggling for so long.

I know for her it's something she first attempted when she was 12 years old - she died at 37 so this would have been back in 1998, so really pre internet. Her mother was more worried about what everyone else would think that the safety of her child and didn't send her for therapy due to the stigma of this back in the 90s - god that really was a fucked up time.

She had attempted a couple of times in her teen years after some awful sexual abuse and a couple of times in her early 20s before we met. She had tried once before in our 10 year relationship (around year 2) but I would say this wasn't a serious attempt. She was strong, very strong but had always suffered for SI and I know first hand how quickly this can spiral.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: coldbesideuu, f1lth, voyager and 1 other person
dreaming_of_pearl

dreaming_of_pearl

I miss you I love you I’m sorry
Jun 10, 2023
9 years. 2013 about

• Hugs
Reactions: venin.n
Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
It should be exactly 3 years

• Hugs
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Since I was 14 and now in my late 40s. Really struggled as a teenager and then was okay handling life most of the time. The last two years have been just hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and venin.n
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
33 years- to varying degrees. First had suicidal thoughts when I was 10. There have been better and worse times but the thoughts have never gone completely. It's been especially bad the past few years.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager and venin.n
crane.tanya

crane.tanya

𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰.
Oct 5, 2023
I remember being like .. 7 or something and just dreaming about disappearing passively. it became 'active' when i was 12.

Nortu

Nortu

Longing for an ending
Apr 7, 2023
From what I can remember, around 9 years. Though I cant remember before that so could be longer for all I know

• Hugs
onetimereject

onetimereject

Living the life of a problem
Jun 18, 2023
8 years, i think the count will have to stop soon enough.

venin.n

venin.n

Text
Nov 2, 2023
9 years on and off but mostly off in the first period 🫂

9 is the magic number 😁
For me it's only been 4 weeks since I found my wife had done the same, it's been the worst month of my life and life can't get any worse for me so I really empathise with all of you who have been struggling for so long.

I know for her it's something she first attempted when she was 12 years old - she died at 37 so this would have been back in 1998, so really pre internet. Her mother was more worried about what everyone else would think that the safety of her child and didn't send her for therapy due to the stigma of this back in the 90s - god that really was a fucked up time.

She had attempted a couple of times in her teen years after some awful sexual abuse and a couple of times in her early 20s before we met. She had tried once before in our 10 year relationship (around year 2) but I would say this wasn't a serious attempt. She was strong, very strong but had always suffered for SI and I know first hand how quickly this can spiral.
I'm so sorry…🫂

Much love and empathy for your situation ❤️

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I've never wished to exist from what I can remember, wanting to die in my case is simply the result of becoming aware, it's being aware of how existence is just undesirable suffering, I'm not meant to suffer in this hellish reality. For me death means peace, the only comfort lies in no longer being burdened with existence.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Ever since I was little, I never wanted to live past 18.

mertvets

mertvets

if only
Nov 6, 2023
passively for as long as i can remember.
actively for close to 4 years now...

i've been trying to soldier through. my grip on hope is tight, it might rip my soul.

Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
Long enough, wishing to be free from this imprisonment and arrive to where my soul flew

stillvoices

stillvoices

Oct 18, 2023
I think before I was 11. 5 years old I didn't understand what it was but at 11 I tried. I was disassociated at the time. Didn't know what I was doing. I've tried a few other times in my teens and then if I remember correctly late 30's almost succeeded. I'm 48 now. So too long.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
Qua

Qua

there's no turning back now
Apr 30, 2023
I can't even remember honestly. If I had to guess I'd say about 5? Maybe 6

Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
9-11 years. Can't really remember anything anymore.

No matter how long it has been for you, reader, you are valid! Whether it has been 3 months or 3 decades, your thoughts and feelings are valid.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ε. Η. R.
C

Cute_&_Loving

I like trinkets:)
May 10, 2023
Passively since my dad died so its been 10 years..... Actively for the past 3 years.....

• Aww..
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
From the end of April 2018.

Reactions: Andrew10
backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
about 10 years (i think), i'm 22 now and can't imagine a time when i truly wanted to live

N

nopointinlivingg

Jul 13, 2022
Over 20 years.

• Hugs
kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
Around 6 years. I've acted on it before but I was just a foolish teenager.

Timelapse

Timelapse

Well, time can heal, but this won't.
Nov 3, 2023
24 years.

Twenty-Four Miserable Years.

• Hugs
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
Heading to Darkness

Heading to Darkness

Oct 29, 2023
30 years but never more so than now

• Hugs
piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
4 week 23 hours and 28 minutes

• Yay!
Reactions: Heading to Darkness
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
667 years. That's what you guys total in a rough estimate based on the answers you gave and a minimum age of 18. Just thought you might like to know.

Anyway, 30 years here. Was most active 7 years in. Now just waiting to end it as perfectly as I can.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointinlivingg, Praestat_Mori and stillvoices