UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Isn't nothingness the point?

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness and WhyIsLife56
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
The fear of nothing after you die is pointless because you will die no matter what. But the fear of hell maybe more of a legitimate thing since you can change that. Like let's assume heaven and hell cant be proven one way or the other. So let's assume the likely is nothing. We'll, everyone will get the same treatment, and there is nothing you can do about it. Like if you die today or a billion years from now. Everyone gets the same treatment.

Now lets assume there is a hell since it can't be proven to be false. This is something you can influence, and therefore it might be logical to fear influencing it in a wrong way.

C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
You overcome it by never having had it

I've always been petrified of physical and mental pain. However, I do not have a single memory of ever fearing death, and I remember wishing to not perceive further from before age 10.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56
A

AintNoWayOut

Student
Jan 6, 2020
no fear of nothingness, i embrace it. its far better than dealing with this pain nonstop. my only fear would be an afterlife where things are even worse, but im as sure as can be that that doesnt exist.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I expect nothingness to be similar to what I experience when I go to sleep. Which is to say, I don't experience it. There's no I to experience it, anymore. I know there's still brain activity when I do so, and there won't be. So, probably will be like a deeper sleep.

Besides, I feel like a fictional undead anyway. A soul, ripped from the nothing, bound to flesh and forced to continue existing with no end in sight. I kinda want to go back to how things have been before I was born, even though I can't possibly remember it.

• Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Sensei and WhyIsLife56
I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
Remember a time you were asleep and had a dreamless dream. Now remember waking up from that. Were you happier in the dreamless dream of nothingness or awake? If you say awake, maybe you shouldn't kill yourself, because most likely, that's what death will be. The absence of any emotion or reality.

As for resurrection, there won't be any remains of you to bring back to life and if they do bring someone back, it won't be you, it'll be Elvis

Reactions: Thorn, Ἡγησίας and Sensei
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Knowing that every living creature on this planet will die at some point. There is no escaping it. There is no point in fearing the inevitable.

• Love
Reactions: goomsoom, waterbottleman, WhyIsLife56 and 1 other person
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Remember a time you were asleep and had a dreamless dream. Now remember waking up from that. Were you happier in the dreamless dream of nothingness or awake? If you say awake, maybe you shouldn't kill yourself, because most likely, that's what death will be. The absence of any emotion or reality.

As for resurrection, there won't be any remains of you to bring back to life and if they do bring someone back, it won't be you, it'll be Elvis
I laughed at the last part lol

Reactions: I’vehadenough
Naysha

Naysha

Antinatalist+Goth
Jan 13, 2020
I am of the opinnion that you don't get ever over it. Not-existing before you were born isn't the same, because now you have something to lose and have to go through painful or painless process of dying where you lose any sense of time, balance, hearing, seeing etc when you finally peace out. Maybe I am morbid but I guess that's how my existential crisis broke me. We can only relly on our coping mechanism. No one is truly ok with death or dying and everything else is just story we all tell ourselves.

Reactions: nonamegirl
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Also I wasn't afraid before I was born. So that's it.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας and WhyIsLife56
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
By my way of thinking at least, I place my hope in the idea that nothingness is an impossibility, because it cannot be conceived.
It stands to reason, then, that what cannot unlike be conceived of cannot exist. That said, it would be natural, I suppose, to place what little hope one has in reincarnation or rather, the rebooting of consciousness again and, each lifetime a new chance, a new break. Unlike Buddhists and Hindus I do not believe in bad karma. Our bad karma if happening only in this life. At death, we truly taste freedom.

Maddox67

Maddox67

Jun 28, 2020
Don't fear it.the darkness is so peaceful and comforting.trust me I was dead for a while after my last attempt and it was beauuuuuttifuuul.i was gutted when I was woken up 3 days later to be back in this living hell .ill go back soon tho it was amazing

K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
Don't fear it.the darkness is so peaceful and comforting.trust me I was dead for a while after my last attempt and it was beauuuuuttifuuul.i was gutted when I was woken up 3 days later to be back in this living hell .ill go back soon tho it was amazing

I went under anesthesia once for wisdom tooth surgery. Out like a light. It was wonderful.

Reactions: Maddox67
Maddox67

Maddox67

Jun 28, 2020
Similar
I went under anesthesia once for wisdom tooth surgery. Out like a light. It was wonderful.
Similar initial feeling I'd guess just a warm cuddle taking u away from this world.no thoughts,no emotions nothing.perfect

AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness

permanent eternal absoluteNONexistenceNOTHINGness
Dec 17, 2019
I don't have to overcome it because nothingness is what i look for. It's precisely what i hope death is. Which Im pretty sure itll be and that brings me peace of mind, just eternal nothingness. I dont fear it at all, i really hope eternal oblivion is what awaits me when I die. I just want to disappear from this world and existence, to get rid of life. I just simply don't want to do /live/experience this thing I was forcedly brought into against my will. I never had any interest nor desire for life and never will. I wish there was a method to get the f*ck out of here once and for all available for me but sadly there isnt and it hurts so much...