• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

zer05mdy

zer05mdy

Cemetery Drive
Jun 6, 2019
kind of stupid but i had two pet goldfish that were the reason i forced myself to get out of bed. on days with no reason to get up, i'd at some point at least leave my bed to feed them, and end up doing minuscule tasks around my apartment or showering since i got up. it wasn't much but it helped some haha

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
These days, especially last weekend, I could barely leave my bed. How did I do it? Well, my grandpa passed away so I had to be there for my dad.
My dad and dog are the only ones keeping me in this world.
So I guess you should find something or somebody to take care. That helped, at least for me.

K

KolK

Nov 29, 2020
I have medication I have to get up to take in the morning, and if I don't my stomach will throw a hissyfit

What's stopping you from taking the meds and going back to sleep? That's probably what I would do.
kind of stupid but i had two pet goldfish that were the reason i forced myself to get out of bed. on days with no reason to get up, i'd at some point at least leave my bed to feed them, and end up doing minuscule tasks around my apartment or showering since i got up. it wasn't much but it helped some haha

At this point, showering is not a mandatory task for me. I know, I'm disgusting.

NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
Basic body functions and recently the family I'm staying with telling me to get out of bed and not be so shut up in my room all the time...also covid restrictions make things much harder. What is there to do you know?

Reactions: Spitfire
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Where I live we are going on full lockdown again. It's going to ruin with me trying to get better. About getting off the bed, I just jump from it when the alarm rings, don't even put it on snooze anymore, even knowing there's nothing interesting happening during my long day ahead .

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I usually get up pretty early as well and just keep my weekday schedule except if I really need a bit more sleep.
First thing in the morning I really look forward to is making myself a tea or coffee and scrolling through the web on my sofa.

Reactions: Spitfire and Donk
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I just stay in bed most of the day. I live in my sweatpants and a t-shirt. I might take a shower or go to the store but that's about it. Nowadays my life is just YouTube or a video game or something. But I'm not invested in any of it, I just tool around. My condition has worsened recently so I find myself in a position of total isolation and apathy.

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I usually get up pretty early as well and just keep my weekday schedule except if I really need a bit more sleep.
First thing in the morning I really look forward to is making myself a tea or coffee and scrolling through the web on my sofa.

What do you like to read/watch on the web?

I just stay in bed most of the day. I live in my sweatpants and a t-shirt. I might take a shower or go to the store but that's about it. Nowadays my life is just YouTube or a video game or something. But I'm not invested in any of it, I just tool around. My condition has worsened recently so I find myself in a position of total isolation and apathy.

Sweatpants is the greatest invention. it's a must have for people with depression.

Reactions: Gnip and Mentalmick
AtLeastThere'sSalad

AtLeastThere'sSalad

Dec 10, 2020
When you have nothing planned? Nothing to look forward to?
Ray Bradbury once said he writes, "so as not to be dead." I took that to heart, so on days I can't leave my bed, I grab my laptop and write. None of it's good, but it helps me to at least have something to point to and say, "I made that, so I guess I do exist." It just makes me feel like I'm a person even if I feel like a dead slug.

K

KolK

Nov 29, 2020

I'm like you. I haven't spoken to another person outside of work and ordering food. And even at work, it is barely considered conversation since I am just taking instructions most of the time. I used to enjoy a lot of games, but now I can't even get to get invested in a new game, however interesting; not that my thrash laptop can run it anyway. Nothing seems to interest me anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
My dog needs to go outside. She really helps to get me moving. No matter how bad I feel, I have to take care of her.
Same here. I have a dog too, and he needs at least 3 walks a day, starting at 7am every morning. This morning was a heavy one, ice cold 3.2°F. He also needs food and lots of love and attention. I also have a teenager, so I have to do a minimum out of my life.

Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
I don't to be honest. It's not like I can do anything so I brush my teeth and go back to bed to watch tv and kill time until it's bedtime.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mentalmick