• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Many mothers get up because they have children to care for. Many fathers get up because they have to go to work to provide for their families. Others get up because they have ambitions or plans for themselves. If you don't have anyone else to care for or have come to find nothing for yourself, you might consider getting a pet like a puppy. You can get affection and also have a reason to get up.

Having someone who needs you can be a powerful reason to get up.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to feel just like you.

I guess everything changed when I realized that being in the bed all the time, just thinking of suicide, would only make things worse.
If I was gonna ctb, I would have to do it quickly.

Then, seeing that I didn't have the guts to go for it, I decided to change my bad habits and instead of being in bed 24/7, I was 12 hours and during the day I did normal stuff such as taking a shower, reading, going for walks, etc.

These small steps turned into giant strides and now I'm able to work again and only in bed when I go to watch some existential videos on Youtube and than just fall asleep lol.

Sure, I'm still suicidal but...I feel better at least.

Be careful with your sleeping time. If you don't wake up/go to bed at the same time everyday, it's harder to recover.

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Barely, and by sheer force of self hatred.

If I don't get out of bed then I'll get a call from my boss, and that's like drinking a big jug of battery acid.

I don't usually get out of bed at the weekends.

• Aww..
Reactions: nopointofliving
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I used to feel just like you.

I guess everything changed when I realized that being in the bed all the time, just thinking of suicide, would only make things worse.
If I was gonna ctb, I would have to do it quickly.

Then, seeing that I didn't have the guts to go for it, I decided to change my bad habits and instead of being in bed 24/7, I was 12 hours and during the day I did normal stuff such as taking a shower, reading, going for walks, etc.

These small steps turned into giant strides and now I'm able to work again and only in bed when I go to watch some existential videos on Youtube and than just fall asleep lol.

Sure, I'm still suicidal but...I feel better at least.

Be careful with your sleeping time. If you don't wake up/go to bed at the same time everyday, it's harder to recover.
Thank you for the kind reply. My waking and sleeping habits aren't regular at all. I sleep a lot so I won't face the reality.

I want to end my life but I have no tools now, and I'm kinda scared to do it. I can't stand life for real and I see no hope.
I will try to follow your suggestion, let's see how it goes ....thank you Matt
Barely, and by sheer force of self hatred.

If I don't get out of bed then I'll get a call from my boss, and that's like drinking a big jug of battery acid.

I don't usually get out of bed at the weekends.
I feel you.
However, I'm unemployed. living with my family :(

Last edited:
Querry1

Querry1

life is unfair, ctb or get away
Aug 16, 2018
My friends and work, and I like to get an occasional walk in the city, sometimes I go to the parties, also exercising, recently I started to feel suicidal again and I don't really feel like getting out of bed

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
My friends and work, and I like to get an occasional walk in the city, sometimes I go to the parties, also exercising, recently I started to feel suicidal again and I don't really feel like getting out of bed
Anything particularly happened ?
Guess I don't really take things seriously, if I did I would be immobilized by pain and inferiority.
This is my problem, I take everything seriously

Reactions: Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I've been suffering from insomnia and extreme sleep deprivation for half a year. In my previous apartment before the ceiling started breaking and I became severely ill, I usually slept 9-10 hours + daydreamed and read books and surfed on the phone. I miss those days, they were good days. I wish I could return to those days. Now I'm too stressed and anxious and scared to sleep or daydream so no reason to be in bed. I'll just end up thinking of how my life sucks now and how god hates me and how everyone hates me and how I hate myself. I also absolutely need to take a shower and eat plus take a walk in addition to seeing my dog everyday or I can't function. Though, even if I do those things, I still can't function because I'm not at my real home.

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Not really and that's the worst I think, because there is no way that I can fix that, thanks for asking anyway
I feel you. I also feel I can fight for a moment, and then I feel to ctb in the next moment. It is awful ;(
I've been suffering from insomnia and extreme sleep deprivation for half a year. In my previous apartment before the ceiling started breaking and I became severely ill, I usually slept 9-10 hours + daydreamed and read books and surfed on the phone. I miss those days, they were good days. I wish I could return to those days. Now I'm too stressed and anxious and scared to sleep or daydream so no reason to be in bed. I'll just end up thinking of how my life sucks now and how god hates me and how everyone hates me and how I hate myself. I also absolutely need to take a shower and eat plus take a walk in addition to seeing my dog everyday or I can't function. Though, even if I do those things, I still can't function because I'm not at my real home.
I'm sorry you feel so. Life is hard for real. I sleep too much because I'm scared to face my reality :( sending hugs and love to you

Last edited:
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
The only reason i get out of bed is because i have to take a piss and for some reason laying down for any extended amount of time hurts a fair bit.
I can relate... don't know how can we get out of this:(

NeuroDamaged3

NeuroDamaged3

Apr 4, 2021
Yeah, I get out of bed for food, washroom, water, and rarely to tidy up. That's it. I basically never leave the house. I have no irl friends.

• Hugs
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
never had this. In one side i feel like dying inside if i have to wake up and deal with someone. I forced myself to get up early (before 7am, some days before 6am) long time ago to avoid the pain of company at early morning.

In the other hand... videogames (mostly that, sometimes programming, books or so) when i can stand alone are a huge motivation. With nobody of family disturbing or talking. And until 9am i can stay alone... so let's go. That's what i say to me and works.

Mostly, my case is avoiding shit leaving bed to avoid people and irritating interactions.

• Love
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
What gets me up? Knowing that alcohol store is opening soon... I wish I was joking. Sometimes I have days when I feel like I have to make a change and go to the gym, etc. I know that staying in bed won't make a change and won't make me feel better, so some days I do better, some days I do worse. I learned that having a routine can help you out, but the difficult thing is to adapt to a routine.

• Hugs
Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
My dogs need to eat and go outside to piss and shit. Other than that absolutely nothing gets me moving; eating, showering, brushing my teeth, getting some water, getting dressed, nothing. Every little task is the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest at this point in my life.

• Hugs
electrojellysoup

electrojellysoup

Apr 19, 2021
I only live for my friends. When I can't get out of bed or do things, I'll message them and they'll help me. Otherwise I can just go days without doing anything at all.

• Hugs
I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
I have to get out of bed to feed my animals. It is literally the only reason I get out of bed in the mornings (as well as to go have a smoke/pee). I don't care about myself but I do about them. So I get up for them. I don't necessarily get dressed but I get up.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I find this hard too. I literally just force myself even know I feel basically like a corpse. I go and see my cat and go outside for a little bit. I would prefer to eternally sleep though.