• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
Like the title says. I don't really have any desire to do anything.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Rustysoupcan maybe you are looking for the wrong stimuli? Find something that scares you - gets your adrenaline flowing. I bet that would interest you...

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If you find something you're really interested in, you'll try to do it. For example, playing a new videogame you love.
As for me, it was learning languages.

After that, other things become easier to do. I didn't even make my bed and studying put in me such a good mood that I felt like doing and cleaning.

Thus, my tidy apartment made me happy and I did some more productive stuff.

It's like a chain of events; you do something and something nicer follows.

At least that's the way it works for me.

MIND YOU! I'm bipolar and there are days in which I can barely leave my bed. I just learnt to live with those DOWNS.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I try to imagine what possible force, realistic or not, could convince me to do whatever I currently don't feel motivated enough to do. Usually I end up concluding that what will motivate me doesn't exist for me though.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
sorella santini

sorella santini

Jan 19, 2021
I am only motivated at this point by obligation. Otherwise most days I wouldn't bother getting out of bed.

I know it's hard. Are there things you used to enjoy that you now find boring?

Reactions: Lmd and Dr Iron Arc
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Unless not doing things is causing you particular problems I wouldn't necessarily see it as a bad thing.

The idea that we should be doing things and not wasting our lives, doing something 'positive' or 'constructive' is mostly bullshit imo.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Unless not doing things is causing you particular problems I wouldn't necessarily see it as a bad thing.

The idea that we should be doing things and not wasting our lives, doing something 'positive' or 'constructive' is mostly bullshit imo.
Maybe it's more about not doing something and wishing you had once it's too late.

I agree, the mundane shit will always be there. But if you are considering ctb, then you have a limited amount of time.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Maybe it's more about not doing something and wishing you had once it's too late.

I agree, the mundane shit will always be there. But if you are considering ctb, then you have a limited amount of time.
We're in the recovery section, so I was considering it from the viewpoint of having lots of available time - ie a deciding what to do with your life type question.

Granted if you knew your death was more imminent then that itself would hopefully spur you to do the things you've always wanted to, or at least try.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I keep trying but I don't seem to be able to anymore. Pretty heartbreaking to be honest.

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
We're in the recovery section, so I was considering it from the viewpoint of having lots of available time - ie a deciding what to do with your life type question.

Granted if you knew your death was more imminent then that itself would hopefully spur you to do the things you've always wanted to, or at least try.
The opposite is true for me lol. I attempted last month and I felt I was gonna die so why even bother doing xyz. Right now I kinda mean like, how to you find things that will get you out of bed, and not by obligation (like work). I just wish there was something I enjoyed enough that I actively wanted to do it.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Right now I kinda mean like, how to you find things that will get you out of bed, and not by obligation (like work). I just wish there was something I enjoyed enough that I actively wanted to do it.
Yeah, this is the hardest thing. You might consider a clearout - getting rid of old stuff and making space for new stuff might help.