• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

Justsad30

Feb 19, 2020
Hi all

I'm having a hard time as of late and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or resources they've found helpful with dealing with negative self image, I feel like the most disgusting piece of shit alive and it's causing me to spiral rapidly.

Any help appreciated.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Something that used to help for me was finding somebody worse and going "well at least I'm not THAT bad". This shouldn't be too hard, there are lots of evil and disgusting people in the world.

Unfortunately it led to me starting to sympathize more with really bad people or at least people that society considers really bad. I realized that if I were in some of their situations then I would probably do the same things they did except with even less remorse. Luckily there are some kinds of people I can still feel less evil than but my motivations for hating them are equally bad.

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Honestly???

I dunno. But I think im doing something?

Ok so like a combo of things.

One thing is despite feeling like a worthless/undeserving P.O.S(my experience) I have to take care of myself.

In whatever way that means. Sometimes it's "healthy" but I have to work with what I got to change how I am.

The concept of treating myself as I wohld a friend comes to mind these days bc.. If i could have SUCH compassion for such awful people... how come I can't have it for myself?

Ask myself:
What do I want and need to for myself to feel good? What makes me feel good?

It's a hard road and i think my answer is mostly... in time... Its starts with you even just asking the question of how to. Its starts by wondering what would/can change.

It takes time.

I really have/still am struggling with the exact feelingyhat you sre describing. I would like to/may write more and my P.M is always

Reactions: justanotherstar
AntiCycleAN

AntiCycleAN

Jan 15, 2021
I don't know either. I wish I could though, as constant self-hatred decimates any sort of confidence I could ever have. I've had others say to look at your past successes or good qualities, and value those more than the failures or bad qualities. This has never worked for me, as nothing I do could ever really make me feel good about myself, but it could help you or others.

• Hugs
Reactions: justanotherstar
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I feel like the most disgusting piece of shit alive
Do you know what it is about you that makes you feel like this? Things you've done? The way you've treated other people?

Last edited:
M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
I don't know if it's something you can force into changing, because most people who have a negative self-image are very good at rationalizing away evidence to the contrary. Trying to out-logic a visceral reaction is applying the wrong approach.

Richkid

Richkid

Jan 26, 2021
I feel close like you, started to self depreciating the things that I usually do like hobby's, job, studies and just handling putting things to do to occupy my mind

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
I wish I had something, anything, to suggest but I am also consumed by self hatred. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone ❤️