• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
@voidman I think many people could agree with you like me for example. What if I survive? It's easier to ctb when you don't consider failing but ignoring this possibility is dumb so you have to consider it.

voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
@voidman I think many people could agree with you like me for example. What if I survive? It's easier to ctb when you don't consider failing but ignoring this possibility is dumb so you have to consider it.
Yeah I think extensively researching and planning is the only thing that will put my mind at ease once I finally decide I'm ready to do it. I've never actually attempted before so I want to be as prepared as possible.

Last edited:
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
My therapist always redirects my thoughts to try and turn it into something "positive" lol.

My family doesn't believe in mental illness and simply thinks that people who are, are just seeking attention and need to grow up. They told me if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it, and there's nothing they can do. If I survived, the people who I currently live with have said that I would not be welcomed back. I don't have friends so, yeah.

T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
In uni I got completely hated after my attempt, another time my parents said I did it for attention yet nobody knew I was trying to kill myself the only reason people knew was cos my friend had not heard from me in 24 hours and it was just paracetamol and alcohol. When I survived jumping from a bridge and unfortunately survived my parents reacted with anger

Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Oct 2, 2020
Same feelings. I'm more afraid of failing and having to deal with the consequences than actually dying.

Exactly... My family would panic and try to get me committed, and everyone else would think that I'm doing it for attention... I just can't deal with that. I need a method with very high success rate

T

Trayus

Oct 3, 2020
I feel shunned, now they officially know that i am not "normal" in the slightest and they avoid me. Professionals dont want to deal with me and try to send me to the next person so they dont have to take responsibility if something goes wrong (at least thats my impression).

I'll just pretend that i am over it and i am happy now, just like i have for the rest of my life. That way, when i finally go nobody will feel responsible

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
assuming no one outside of the 2 people in my support group (and my internet friends that know anyway because i met them all on a suicide site) not much would happen. the 2 people already internally panic daily and they both know that a psych ward will only make everything worse for me because of the way i am (basically i have a lot of anxiety and i dont take kindly to being forced to do something). i guess thats just me though. ive noticed im kinda different from most suicidal people so i wouldnt listen to me too much.

• Hugs
Reactions: checkouttime
JustKillBen22

JustKillBen22

Jul 6, 2020
I've had the police called on me twice, I managed to avoid getting sectioned though and most people didn't treat me much differently, most just as shit as normal. I probably could've gone the same nights I had the police called on me after I was left alone, I wish I had but nonetheless I got out better than I expected. Unfortunately I really don't think that's common though, so still be cautious, you defo don't want to get caught in an attempt

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
assuming no one outside of the 2 people in my support group (and my internet friends that know anyway because i met them all on a suicide site) not much would happen. the 2 people already internally panic daily and they both know that a psych ward will only make everything worse for me because of the way i am (basically i have a lot of anxiety and i dont take kindly to being forced to do something). i guess thats just me though. ive noticed im kinda different from most suicidal people so i wouldnt listen to me too much.

there's nothing up with being different. everyone's circumstances will be different, no matter how alike they may seem.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
there's nothing up with being different. everyone's circumstances will be different, no matter how alike they may seem.
yeah i know.....its just i see things as "it could have been worse" but even that aside.....ive never "attempted" (i was going to jump off a bridge on night but someone found me while i was going over the what ifs) and people here talk about having no friends and getting treated poorly by people. i just assume its the way i present myself. i can stand there talking to someone i just met and say "im suicidal" without a second thought (legit did this in the grocery store one day to a complete stranger)

• Hugs
Beforeigo

Beforeigo

Mar 2, 2020
My friends supported me, mental health services were horrific and my soulmate of 7+ years left me and moved out

• Aww..
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Decades ago, I got very angry at someone who attempted and set it up to get discovered and rescued. We'd had a toxic friendship and had already mutually distanced ourselves from each other. When she later emailed me about something unrelated to the attempt, I took the opportunity to jump her shit about it and then shut her out. I would have acted that way even if her attempt was a full-on attempt with intent to die. Not one of my finer moments.

I lost someone when I was 14 to an unpredictable suicide and used to react with anger to talk of suicide and ideation because it was a trigger. I don't do that anymore. I listen, support, and let the person reach their own conclusions. If they've attempted, it's information, not a trigger to do something to try to have power or control. I've been like this for some years, way before joining SS.

But yeah, most people freak out and get controlling, get angry and blaming, and/or abandon, exactly as @whisper_willow said in comment 12, and @e_tries said in comment 18.

Anyone who was controlling or dismissive before, especially parents, will likely double or even quadruple down on those behaviors. I think one can expect magnified responses to whatever they previously experienced from others, not a reversal. It's rare that someone says, "Oh shit, I see now that you really did have problems and weren't just going on for attention," or, "You matter to me. What can I do now that I didn't do before?"

Last edited:
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
I told one of my friends about an attempt I made last year. She freaked out and hung up the phone. She didn't seem willing to talk about it but I understand why. In our social circle we had a few ctb, including a partner I had. She has no personal understanding of suicidal ideation which is incommunicable to her. Like a newly heard language with no ties to previous branches known. It was a mistake to tell her this because it has changed into her regarding me as a injured animal to soothe. Like her and others I now refuse to speak of anything regarding suicide.

• Love
Reactions: Scarecrow
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have had 2 attempts, both times people were very cautious around me as far as what to say, do, act/react, everything. Anohter words, they had no clueand I stayed away from alot of them for a while till THEY got over it, not me. Even now most people that knew about my attempts are extra nice and never say anything mean to me.

Cant Maintain

Cant Maintain

Garbage Fire
Aug 21, 2020
they infantilized me and assumed every move i made out of their sight would be another attempt. I could not go out for a smoke and take a step off the curb without a small gasp and them looking at eachother. if it wasnt a butter knife i couldn't cut my own food. this went on until we faked we were happy enough to satisfy their pity concerns.

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
The only people who actually care about me are my parents. And this one girl who is the epitome of "oh no don't kill yourself you're too cute!" I appreciate her enthusiasm. I don't think her, or my parents. Or anyone really understands that if I died in my sleep tonight I would be extatic