WeatherBape

Jul 12, 2022
reddit a while ago but i can't remember the sub i was in

Reactions: Dead Ghost, obafgkm and jodes2
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Not sure, I think I was googling for suicide methods and I found a few article mentioning a forum where people went before CTB. Almost none mentioned the name of the forum except a few. After finding a free proxy and registering here I am (in my country the forum is blocked).

Reactions: Escapee, Dead Ghost and obafgkm
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Browsing reddit on one of the mental health category subs.

Reactions: Dead Ghost, obafgkm and jodes2
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
Through the darknet ironically

Reactions: Hollowillow, Dead Ghost, jodes2 and 1 other person
PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
People were having a conversation if it should be shut down. I looked it up to see what it was and here I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, jodes2 and obafgkm
bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
I was looking for sources on The Complete Manual To Suicide which i was thinking about making an English translation for if no one else did my job for me and well, i found a link to this site and thought it would be another "Incels.me" kind of site but was shocked when i found out the people on this are actually very kind and considerate. So i browsed the site for a year or so and then got the courage at some point and made a account and have been browsing as i always did.

• Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Hollowillow and StarlightDreamer
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Funny how the bad press is now what's bringing more people than anything else, god bless their daft souls

• Yay!
Reactions: Escapee, waitingforrest, ryo the frog and 2 others
StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022
I saw the site mentioned in a "Suicide General" thread on Wizchan. Ironically, by someone complaining about their ban.

I've been suicidal several times before, so I'm also pretty sure I found it several years ago. My memories are fragments, but I remember someone who survived an attempt, and was disappointed.

Reactions: Dead Ghost and jodes2
milkandcoffee

milkandcoffee

Aug 8, 2022
I was on r/sanctionedsuicide years ago before it got banned. Took me a while to find the community again lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Ghost, waitingforrest and jodes2
ryo the frog

ryo the frog

I'm in your house
Jun 27, 2022
method searching when the articles I would read mentioned stuff about "hearing it online" numerous times. some of them flat out calling them suicide forums.

now knowing that these forums existed I started looking for them hoping for instructions on my chosen methods. In a counterproductive move one article dissing ss name dropped it. may have been the New York Times one everyone else found ss on but I forget. been here for under a year.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-, Dead Ghost and jodes2
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
The good old google search, back in the times where it wasn't as censored. I only lurked though. I can't remember some of the names anymore, I remember looking at other sites for methods as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-, Dead Ghost and jodes2
ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
Reading so many news articles mentioning people dying after being on a "suicide forum" told me it had to be here somewhere. Looked through a bunch of different search engines, I think I found it through searching on duckduckgo in the end.

• Hugs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I saw the site mentioned in a "Suicide General" thread on Wizchan. Ironically, by someone complaining about their ban.

I've been suicidal several times before, so I'm also pretty sure I found it several years ago. My memories are fragments, but I remember someone who survived an attempt, and was disappointed.
Same here, I browse, even though I am not a "wizard."

• Hugs
reverse03

reverse03

Departing. Goodbye
Sep 11, 2022
Just researching about SN through duckduckgo. Then you came up.

Reactions: Dead Ghost, jodes2 and StarlightDreamer
yuzuchan

yuzuchan

Sep 9, 2022
Google showed it pretty quick for me

Reactions: Escapee, Dead Ghost, jodes2 and 1 other person
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
I was on Suicide watch on reddit last year when I needed a safe place for my suicidal thoughts and find a viable method where I first learned about this place on some post. I still think I was lucky to find this forum.

• Hugs
  • Love
hopeless302

hopeless302

Student
Sep 11, 2022
A guy on Reddit messaged me about it.

• Love
Reactions: jodes2
sadstuffie

sadstuffie

Student
Aug 11, 2020
tbh i googled it when i was younger before i actually became a member. also i came from the old reddit suicide community that was shut down ugh

• Love
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
Some news articles and petitions calling for it to be banned. I thought, 'Hey, sounds like just what I'm looking for' and found this site.

• Love
Reactions: makethepainstop and jodes2
doublejay

doublejay

Sep 12, 2022
The NYT article and some hits I got when searching info on SA and SN

• Love
somverville

somverville

Sep 13, 2022
Searching medical grade drugs in wikipedia, after knowing about the many overdoses with barbituates back in the day and then finding out about N. I think my search for the hold grail of N brought me here.

• Love
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
The Streisand effect from the article's warning against this site.
Still makes me giggle.

• Love
Reactions: KQuotientW and jodes2
LossOfMe

LossOfMe

"Petal by petal, I've witnessed a withered Spring"
Sep 14, 2022
Someone from the ASH newsletter mentioned this domain, so I just followed the trail. But in all honestly, finding ASH was harder because google wouldn't show up suicide groups even if I filtered words like "call center" "survivors" "help" "prevention" "therapy".

Reactions: Hollowillow and jodes2
R

Reiter

I am not long for this world
Jul 29, 2022
Using duckduckgo

• Love
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
It looks like search engines aren't keen on showing content from this site, so how did you find it? I found it years ago in Google before all the campaigns against it started. It's sad, the activity on this site has dwindled. My precious online home is being threatened!
Some Hollywood moms kid ctb with SN. She was hysterical about shutting down SS. Claiming SN was suicide powders. I say SN is the powder of liberation! So I had to find this place. So glad I did. It feels so good to speak with others that suffer as I do. Weird huh?

• Love
Reactions: Hollowillow and jodes2
A

Autumn11

Sep 14, 2022
Through Google oddly enough