• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
This is such a tricky one to answer. @ReadyasEver gave me tips to try and get back to building some sort of routine and taking time to focus on the small things. When you get caught up in the deep fog you neglect yourself and all your needs and even while waiting for the number 9 bus it's important to try and take some time to try and gain some crumbs of pleasure from things like a hot shower or bath, a long walk, some food eaten slowly. Xx

BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
I try to take a biochemical approach and tweak my biology to give me an altered state, be that through a high dose of niacin (got tacychardia from that tonight, took a gram lol now a bit manic), to psychosis-inducing/worsening DXM and then going down the various rabbit holes while in those biochemical states. For me the spiritual realm when I'm depressed feels more burdensome, all the work it takes, all the gratitude and ritual and so on. Reeks of normie feelings but what do I know? Sorry, I'm on benadryl at the moment but I don't know, embrace the dull ache perhaps. I don't know.

A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong but what I seem to understand from the thread's title is that the realization that life has no intrinsic meaning coupled with your desire for one is a big source of suffering for you.

If that's true, I don't have a solution to the problem, what I can tell you is that it's not necessarly a problem for everyone in this condition.

A lot of people subconsciously accept the notion of existence before essence.
Take a car for example. In that case, one can argue, essences precedes existence. A conscious being created that car and the essence he gave it is to help people move from point A to B quickly. Only then the car came into existence.
But this is not true for us. We come into existence and that's it.
If we're not able to give our life a meaning no one is going to provide us one.

Yes, if we analyze in depth every search for meaning that too appears at the end meaningless, but it's not POINTLESS.
If you can live a happy life with this knowledge why kill yourself?
You wake up in the morning, you realize life is meaningless per se, but you still have a cup of coffe. Why? Because coffe tastes good, that's all the meaning the majority of people need.

Sorry if it's not that clear but I'm a little drunk.

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong but what I seem to understand from the thread's title is that the realization that life has no intrinsic meaning coupled with your desire for one is a big source of suffering for you.

If that's true, I don't have a solution to the problem, what I can tell you is that it's not necessarly a problem for everyone in this condition.

A lot of people subconsciously accept the notion of existence before essence.
Take a car for example. In that case, one can argue, essences precedes existence. A conscious being created that car and the essence he gave it is to help people move from point A to B quickly. Only then the car came into existence.
But this is not true for us. We come into existence and that's it.
If we're not able to give our life a meaning no one is going to provide us one.

Yes, if we analyze in depth every search for meaning that too appears at the end meaningless, but it's not POINTLESS.
If you can live a happy life with this knowledge why kill yourself?
You wake up in the morning, you realize life is meaningless per se, but you still have a cup of coffe. Why? Because coffe tastes good, that's all the meaning the majority of people need.

Sorry if it's not that clear but I'm a little drunk.
A cup of coffee, for example, is fine a dozen times, but 70 yrs worth is overkill and torturous

A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
A cup of coffee, for example, is fine a dozen times, but 70 yrs worth is overkill and torturous

And I agree with you, I'm just saying that billions of people are ok with drinking a cup of coffe every morning for decades on end.

The meaning in an action can be everything that makes it worth it to the individual.
Some people won't find meaning in anything and they can't be blamed. We don't choose to find meaning, we just do... and sometimes we don't.

Reactions: therhydler
2 be or not

2 be or not

Nov 25, 2018
How are those of us who are tired of the meaninglessness of life supposed to continue living?

"The meaninglessness of life" is a thought in the mind, not an indisputable fact.

1] The essence of "you" is not the sum of your thoughts. "You" are consciousness, separate from thought and physical body.

2] You are consciousness that can choose to accept or reject the thoughts that randomly pop into your mind.

3] Practice observing your thoughts, letting them pass non-judgmentally in daily meditation.

4] You will see that thoughts, not unlike quantum particles that pop into and out-of existence in a vacuum, in a random fashion, will pop into your mind.

5] Your consciousness doesn't have to run with the thought trail that often follows. You can consciously choose to ignore any and/or all thoughts, non-judgmentally, without expending energy going down the thought trail, into the rabbit hole.

6] You can, with practice, choose the thoughts your consciousness entertains.

7] Cultivate curiosity, pondering something profoundly interesting to you. I enjoy pondering the latest discoveries about the universe (or multi verse?) watching youtube videos from the Hubble space telescope. I am particularly interested in understanding how physicists and astrophysicists are trying to unify Einstein's Theory of Relativity with Schrödinger's Quantum Mechanics. They currently believe the universe is made up of 96 percent dark energy, causing the galaxies to accelerate away from each-other. String-Theory is a mind-bender worthy of deep thought.

8] Paint a picture. Where do you want to go with it? What scene do you paint? The thoughts you consciously choose, give meaning to the picture you paint. As far as I can tell, you are not being forced to paint a picture of meaninglessness.

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Volatile, we all came here from different paths. Many of the people have had personality / depression / mental disorders for years or experienced tremendous trauma in their lives. I never experienced any these through my life, except my time in the military. I'm here now because my body will now fail. A completely different path, but still here and now experiencing what many of you have had to everyday for the majority of your lives.
I still see some value in life through the people around me that I care about. Not everyone can do this, I understand. All I can tell you is to find those simple things ( a good book, a walk, watching the sunset, etc) that can provide you an opportunity to bring a little calmness to your mind. I've always thought more clearly when having some calmness and a little relaxation. Hopefully you can find that state, and get some clarity on the path you need to go.

V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
I can neither lie to myself nor force myself to accept the lies thats being presented to me everyday. Not wanting to play along. Not wanting anything else but death. So no solution were ever needed for me.. Either we find distraction and try to forget the truth. Ignoring everything else outside our own bubble or stare the truth in it's face until everything loses its meaning.

2 be or not

2 be or not

Nov 25, 2018
I can neither lie to myself nor force myself to accept the lies thats being presented to me everyday. Not wanting to play along. Not wanting anything else but death. So no solution were ever needed for me.. Either we find distraction and try to forget the truth. Ignoring everything else outside our own bubble or stare the truth in it's face until everything loses its meaning.
I wish you success and peace.

deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
I keep myself entertained so I don't have to think about it. Because if I really start to think about it I may just kill myself the next week... there's nothing awaiting us after death so it's no use to do it sooner than you should. Enjoy what little you have and hope for a better tomorrow, if things get really bad from your perspective, ctb.

Last edited:
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
While life is essentially chaotic and lacks intrinsic meaning, I think that people often find ways to give their lives meaning. Like other users have said, focusing on the small things can help. I might try looking for something redeeming/positive in each day. Maybe it could be a stranger's unexpected kindness one day, maybe it could be the opportunity to be that kind person for someone else. It could be finding time to listen to a great song. Taking a shower. Little ways that you can express your free will even if you can't completely control your circumstances. I also agree with the person who said take one day at a time until it's time for you to go.