• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
In the next weeks i have some job interviews. It is very likely they will make me pretty depressed. I am a very bad liar. I hate job interviews. But i have to do this. Money is one reason i might kill myself.
Ive interviewed a few people over time for jobs. Most people are terrible liars and insincerity is spotted a mile away.
The people who impress are the ones who are honest about their intention to both the position and the organisation/employer and their ability/skill level and can offer creative solutions to any potential conflicts between themselves and the 'job'.
I really do wish you all the best. Job interviews are often unnecessarily intimidating (remember youre interviewing them too) and its an extremely difficult job market these days.

eclipsee99

eclipsee99

You’re a sky full of stars~
Nov 20, 2020
I feel you. I am on the verge of CTB (if it weren't for the UK lockdown, I wouldn't be here right now), and money plays a part in my reasonings of CTB. I have plucked up the motivation to apply for one last job, and I have succeeded an interview for it. If it goes poorly, then I am highkey done. This will either be my (hopefully) fresh start, or my final chance at life I guess.

neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
I know what you mean about the lying thing. Bear in mind that you're not really lying, even though it might feel like it. You're just putting the best possible spin on your skills. It makes it a little easier for me if I pretend that instead of the interview being for me, I'm actually there as a character reference for a friend (who coincidentally happens to have the exact same education, knowledge, skills, and experience as me) and I'm just doing my best to help them get the job.

Also, take it easy after each of your interviews as much as you can. They take a lot out of you emotionally and physically, especially having a bunch of them in a row. Treat yourself to ice cream or something on your way home. Best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: The end !
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Super proud of you OP. I know you cant help it but don't be too depressed if it doesn't go how you hoped. No-one aces their first interview anyway!

Worrying about money is the worst. Don't be afraid to ask for help though. I knew a guy to killed himself over debt - I couldn't help but think about how easily those of us who came to his funeral could have chipped in and paid it for him. If we could have gone back and traded his life for the money we would have done it, and I barely knew him!

I'm not trying to gatekeep who can and cant CTB - just that your life is worth more than money.