• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I graduate in one month, so I've been looking for jobs. I started looking before my depression intensified to the point of considering ctb again. Now I have a job offer - it's an ok one, not bad but not amazing, but just a temp job through August. And I feel bad accepting it because I know full well I'll almost definitely attempt sometime between now and August again.

What would you do? I can't afford to not have a job but I also don't want to be an asshole and let these people down.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
My depression got really bad the first time after I graduated. Looking back, I think that was "normal", there are so many uncertainties lying ahead and that can intensify the depression.

Since it is a temporary job I would accept it. I can very well understand your thoughts of liability and it shows that you care. It is not your fault, though, that you struggle with mental health issues. In that regard, you don't owe your future employer anything.
Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully your condition will get better 🍀.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I graduate in one month, so I've been looking for jobs. I started looking before my depression intensified to the point of considering ctb again. Now I have a job offer - it's an ok one, not bad but not amazing, but just a temp job through August. And I feel bad accepting it because I know full well I'll almost definitely attempt sometime between now and August again.

What would you do? I can't afford to not have a job but I also don't want to be an asshole and let these people down.
Any company or job has no compassion or empathy for anyone including HR (they are only there to save the company). You aren't letting these people down. They'd probably throw you under the bus for a different opinion or to get up in life.

People are not as nice as you think they are.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Go for it! You could meet someone who gives you a reason to continue for just a few more months even. Who makes life a little bit more colourful, a little bit more enjoyable. I did when I met my teacher first starting out in college. You can always quit if you don't like it! You're not "letting anyone down" because you have no legal nor moral obligation to continue working for them.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Accept it. There is no guarantee what happens with our plans. Whether you go through with it or change your mind, better give yourself a chance of something to fall back on. Don't worry too much about your employers, am sure they can get a replacement for you with a snap of a finger. Especially with the ton of people in search of a job these days. At the very least they will contact the next best candidate.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I think you should accept it. Don't worry if you make your boss a little less rich by CTBing while you work for him, I swear he will get over it.

K

koruznikov

Apr 8, 2024
I also think you should accept it. Maybe there you could actually enjoy it. There's nothing to lose.

H

hadenough58

Mar 7, 2024
What would you do? I can't afford to not have a job but I also don't want to be an asshole and let these people dodown.
You might be surprised as work is one of the things that has kept me going for 25 years, I am lucky in that I have an interesting job and the salary has enabled me to travel the world.
I would suggest that you don't give up until you have given it a try

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I'd accept it . If you ctb before then …well , it doesn't really matter. It will make no difference to you and they will just take someone else. You won't lose anything by accepting. You might as well .