• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Anything at all? Meds, natural things, lifestyle, Etc?

I take cymbalta 30mg and Risperdal 1mg still. I'd prefer not to take the cymbalta but my mom got me on it 8 years ago. I can't get off it the withdrawal is too intense. It can get dangerous because I get extremely suicidal and even homicidal from all the stuff that's happened. And the Risperdal I just leave be because the damage from that is already done.

Any tips? I got nothing. I imagine most of you don't either considering we're on a suicide website but figured I'd ask anyways.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I took cymbalta a few years ago, unfortunately did nothing for me. Took it maybe for a month and a half, my wd effects were a bit bad, head zaps, and when I moved my eyes felt like small shocks in my brain. Maybe the best way is to tamper, they come in assumes with little balls inside isn't it?

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Learning to find pleasure in tiny things, and review my definition of "pleasure" in general. Now I interpret it as something closer to "comfort".

I have no experience with drugs though. In case that's a factor. I noticed that drug dependence (prescription or otherwise) dulls people's sensitivity to more mundane coping methods.

L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Learning to find pleasure in tiny things, and review my definition of "pleasure" in general. Now I interpret it as something closer to "comfort".

I have no experience with drugs though. In case that's a factor. I noticed that drug dependence (prescription or otherwise) dulls people's sensitivity to more mundane coping methods.
I've been on these damn things since I was a 5 year old. Maybe my brain is permanently dysphoric now.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I've been on these damn things since I was a 5 year old. Maybe my brain is permanently dysphoric now.
It sucks if that's the case. Once your brain has learned to expect chem bombs, plinking at it with a sniper rifle is probably not going to do anything.

kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
All I've got is basic body sensation contrast .
Hungry v fed.
Cold v warm and comfortable.

Just basic connections with visceral stimuli .
(No full blown Wim Hoff ... just enough "ouch" factor to notice the base line "normal" as being kind of OK ... like getting home drenched to the skin after a long walk and getting dry and warm ... it's an uptick in base line experience .)

If you are "average western person" with "normal" comfort levels ... you may have to artificially organize those .

( I know how hard it is to voluntarily embrace discomfort ... I usually only ever do it out of necessity ... I'm flirting with getting rid of my car so I have to return to my bicycling youth and am forced to get that endorphin rush from cycling. )

(Are there support groups for long term med users ? you sound like you've been hammered with this stuff ... so if you have to stay on them ... it's a case of managing it ...and other long term users may be able to give you moral support if nothing else .

I'd be surprised if no-one else chimes in on this board with a similar pharmaceutical history )

I wrote and deleted quite a bit ... because pharma stuff is outside my experience.

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Meds don't do much for me, either. Life is hard.

S

Sallydeath

Jan 21, 2021
I've experienced anhedonia several times in my life. Everytime I have stopped experiencimg it, its taken a lot of work. Basically cold showers, regular exercise and sleep, and getting involved in social activities has gotten me out of it in the past. I'm currently experiencing it now really Intensly, although I have started to find pleasure in walking again.

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I have anhedonia, too. I wish life was easier.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Ketamine has been the only thing to jolt me out of it. Depending on what country you are in, this may be available legally as a treatment.

D

Deleted member 25508

shooting star
Jan 18, 2021
Ketamine has been the only thing to jolt me out of it. Depending on what country you are in, this may be available legally as a treatment.
do you think this would be an option for someone with heart problems? i've heard ketamine increased your heart rate, but i'm not sure how bad it is

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
do you think this would be an option for someone with heart problems? i've heard ketamine increased your heart rate, but i'm not sure how bad it is
I'm not a doctor so you'd need to speak to a professional. I can't say it increases my heart rate but I guess is depends on the heart condition.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Nothing has helped me, personally. It's annoying because I can go through the motions, and think that things are funny. But....there's a detachment? Like, I find things funny because I'm expected to, because they're bizarre or others laugh. I find things funny because they're a commentary on how stupid life/people are. I don't feel any sort of amusement, joy, pleasure. Not just with jokes, but with anything. All I seem to feel are negative emotions, and I've tried to reflect objectively on my feelings many many times.

Reactions: L951788 and Makko