• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
Hello im new to the site. I tried suffocating myself with partial suspension hanging sometime back now and i failed everytime i tried it. And i feel like now i have some sort of cognitive dysfunction or something as in i may have become like a vegetable, i do feel like one cuz my head feels empty, i have less thoughts in my head, (i used to have racing thoughts before) and worst of all i cant get drunk or high on anything anymore,like i dont feel any mental effects from any drug or alcohol, i only feel physical effects,plus nothing is enjoyable anymore and i have no sex drive even (however sex drive comes back stronger if i abstain from all sexual activities for sometime), i have lived like this for about 2 years now and dunno what to do anymore, oh and btw drinking energy drinks help me feel less empty but its only temporary , im wondering if this is all a neurotransmitter issue or something like that or something else but if anyone out there has similar experience or anything that might help,please let me know?
TLDR: I may have turned to a vegetable from failed hanging attempts

caughtinthedumps

caughtinthedumps

i'm still here
Jun 3, 2020
I am not a doctor but I don't doubt that a failed attempt at hanging could cause some form of damage. Those symptoms also sound exactly like depression. Take care.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

I'd say i'm more nutty myself!!!! probably the depression from thinking i'm a vegetable.when i'm meant to be a fruit.

man...... i just want to eat myself

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
If the neck veins are depressed for long enough during a failed hanging attempt, it may cause a build up of pressure and cerebral edema to occur, and possibly result in brain damage.

If the oxygen supply to the brain is lowered and for long enough by depressing the carotid arteries? I would expect any area of the brain not receiving enough oxygen for 3-5 minutes or longer to have an extent of damage being done to it.

Full suspension hanging seems a bad one to be rescued from too early, or too late, as it could be bad.

E

EmptyManForever

Oct 3, 2020
When you say failed attempt do you mean tried and then stopped trying while still conscious, or do you mean passed out and rope broke or someone found you after loss of consciousness?
No i stopped trying while conscious

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
No i stopped trying while conscious
then you can't have suffered damage.
You need to have gone unconscious and for blood to have stopped flowing to the brain for at least a few minutes.

It just sounds like you're suffering from depression

Reactions: Ghost2211
E

EmptyManForever

Oct 3, 2020
Then you're likely fine. The people that sustain brain injury from failed hanging go without oxygen to the brain for extended amount of time.
I dunno but i feel different after the attempts and i have anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure from anything) after the attempts, i never had that before tho and since i can't feel pleasure from anything (i cant even get drunk or high ,i could drink alcohol and absolutely feel none of the good mental effects,same with weed ) its worthless living like this without pleasure

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I dunno but i feel different after the attempts and i have anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure from anything) after the attempts, i never had that before tho and since i can't feel pleasure from anything (i cant even get drunk or high ,i could drink alcohol and absolutely feel none of the good mental effects,same with weed ) its worthless living like this without pleasure
It's very possible you're dealing this severe depression or defeat from trying so many times to ctb, and being unsuccessful.