TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
WARNING: The following video contains graphic footage. Graphic scene starts approximately 4:30 (-1:54).

To begin, I want to say that this is indeed a very messy way to go and condolences to the family of this man. With that said, there are several things I want to discuss about this video as well as some things that we could probably learn from, mainly for educational and information purposes.

TAW122's remarks, analysis, and more:
The first thing is that I would highly discourage live streaming one's CTB, not solely because of my only slant or bias towards having an audience, but for practical and safety purposes mainly. Having a livestream makes one vulnerable to being tracked, doxxed, and high chance of intervention, first and foremost. Then as a lesser but significant reason (for people who don't wish to traumatize other unwilling participants excluding first responders as it's part of their job to respond plus they've seen worse.), the fewer people involved the less trauma overall as a whole.

The second thing to note is the way he held the shotgun and placed underneath the chin. I do NOT recommend this way of CTB'ing via a firearm, as there is a higher chance of failure due to the shot/bullet not hitting the brainstem and/or just blowing off the frontal lobe of the brain. This is more of a technique thing, and since you only have one shot (literally and figuratively) you CANNOT afford to screw it up. Fortunately for him, the shot was powerful enough to completely take out his face and with chunks of brain matter ejecting towards the walls and nearby surroundings. If anything, I'd still trust going through the mouth as it's easier to control and less body matter for the shot to traverse before hitting the brainstem.

Thirdly, if you've noticed the timing, it didn't take very long until the first responders (law enforcement) to arrive and make entry with their weapons drawn. Given how quickly first responders are (do NOT underestimate them!), anything you can do to delay their intervention or make it harder to intervene on you mid-attempt, even by buying more time will allow you a greater chance of success. Most of the time, especially with a firearm (when done correctly) one dies within seconds maybe less than a minute from blood loss and other shock, trauma, etc. (Note: Not advocating for illegal actions or behaviors.) One has to consider the time it takes for law enforcement to reach the person's place (assuming they were alerted when attempt was in progress), the time it takes to make entry whether via window or doors, then the time it takes to secure the scene, and of course, render aid, etc.

Finally, my last remarks about this is overall, it's better not to set off red flags or allow anyone any preemption towards intervention (best practice) as that would increase your chances of failing your attempt due to having to worry about intervention and being stopped before attempt, or worse, mid attempt (certain methods). Also, even when one has a near guaranteed method, even livestreaming increases the chance of intervention (as in the first point), potential failure, so it's not recommended to do so. Instead, delayed communications via email and/or text is preferred. With this particular method, a firearm (especially a shotgun), there is almost little chance of failure when done properly (with appropriate ammo/load and correct placement), and death will follow very soon.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: SleepyRobloxGrl, MiserableBastard1995, casctb and 20 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wonder if this was the video being spread around that prompted one of the discords I'm in to make an official announcement and reminder not to spread it. I won't watch it since it sounds like it gets pretty bad but thanks OP for the clarification for this method.

Reactions: Invisible 73 and TAW122
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I can't believe I watched that holy fuck.

• Love
Reactions: Ybother, sadstuffie, Brink and 3 others
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Geez, graphic is understatement. Fucked up to see that tiny pooch walk towards his body.

• Aww..
Reactions: casctb, Ybother, OhOreo and 8 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Looked instant and painless.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Ybother, FusRohDracarys and 15 others
D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
Didn't watch the video because I can't handle that, but the comments make me lose faith in humanity. I don't know why I always scroll down.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, MiserableBastard1995, marcusuk63 and 30 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I wonder what he tried to achieve by livestreaming it...

Reactions: Mywill, Ybother, flank and 8 others
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Yep. The comments were so careless. People are horrible. I've already lost faith in humanity as a whole.

The video was so sad. I was going to pause before he did it, but it happened so fast. I'm nauseous now. Hopefully to God it was painless for him. Hopefully that man is finally at peace, no longer suffering every day.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Ybother, Buffy5120 and 7 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Didn't watch the video because I can't handle that, but the comments make me lose faith in humanity. I don't know why I always scroll down.
We like to torture ourselves but not to that degree.

• Love
Reactions: SleepyRobloxGrl, Ybother, puppy9 and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Looked instant and painless.
From the observer's point of view, it does, but he could be unconscious and not actually dead until later (from blood loss and shock, trauma). No one really knows but I'd assume given the video itself, he did die within a minute or two at most and not feeling pain (as the blast of the shotgun knocked him out unconscious).

Yeah, most of the comments down there are immature and are mean. I don't really read them since it would be a waste of my time and energy to do so.

I suppose it could be to get an audience, to voice his grievances, and what not. There are many reasons and no one really knows except for he himself.

Reactions: Midnight-rain, ERASED, flank and 6 others
Deleted member 10475

Deleted member 10475

Tired.
Sep 11, 2019

From what I've read, he was desperately trying to reach out to his friends and family leading up to this but couldn't get through to anyone. Maybe he wanted them to hurt?

I feel so much empathy right now.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ybother, Night Sky, ERASED and 10 others
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I can't believe I watched that holy fuck.

I did warn people in the other thread :)
Seeing crimescene photos is one thing, but watching it play out is another.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Poor guy. But why livestream? It's better to do it privately.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768, MartyByrde and illbehave
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
As OP mentioned it looked like he shot straight up at the roof thru his face. Surprised he even died... Thats fucked.

illbehave

illbehave

Sep 1, 2020
I just posted a comment. I am a female. Look at the comments I got. Dont feed the trolls

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
It reminded me of the Paka guy

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
From what I've read, he was desperately trying to reach out to his friends and family leading up to this but couldn't get through to anyone. Maybe he wanted them to hurt?
That's sad. I hope it wasn't the primary motivation behind his decision to CTB.
When people do it publicly, I often feel like that's a desperate attempt to get other people to listen, yet once everyone is listening it's too late, because nothing is being said anymore, there's only other people speculating over what the statement behind it really was, and possibly getting it all wrong. The tragic nature of dying like this, to get a response, maybe without fully realizing that once the conversation starts you'll already be out of it, is what disturbs me more than the graphic nature of the video. It is really not worth it to end your life just for the
"fuck u all" factor
Especially considering that with the way he did it, there was a chance he'd just blow off his face and survive. Especially if you read the comments to the video and see that the assholes would not change their opinions even after he's gone in such a gruesome way.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Élégie, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
illbehave

illbehave

Sep 1, 2020
i am a female. dont feed trolls. nor do i want it posted please delete. @TimeToBiteTheDust

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Thanks for the site, man. Just what I was looking for!

Reactions: malummo
illbehave

illbehave

Sep 1, 2020
Done. Sorry.
its ok and yes that is me. I am old enough to know better. but what if an impressionable younger person received messages like that?
THAT IS FUCKED. PERIOD. ugh...

• Hugs
Reactions: mpnf and TimeToBiteTheDust
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
That was so sad. You can tell he was angry because there was no hesitation. In an instant, he was gone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, overcomingfear, ithappens and 4 others
illbehave

illbehave

Sep 1, 2020
Probably why I wont use a gun. Its horrible to clean up. And ID body... Family has to sort it. :(

Reactions: Sensei
illbehave

illbehave

Sep 1, 2020
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Mm80, mpnf and 1 other person
icanhasnick

icanhasnick

Student
Sep 3, 2020
At the every least it's instructive.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Homecoming, cyberlordsumit and 2 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
At the every least it's instructive.
The video? I wouldn't say it's a perfect use case, and the things he does right are pretty hard to do wrong, to be honest. I wouldn't say it's very educational.

Reactions: Midnight-rain, Skathon, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
You like to see people die? Its fucking sad. No matter what.

Sometimes these videos are instructive; such as watching a hanging video. For a lot of members, they fantasize about CTB. It is a lot different to actually see the process and see that it may or may not be as you have fantasized it.
The video? I wouldn't say it's a perfect use case, and the things he does right are pretty hard to do wrong, to be honest. I wouldn't say it's very educational.

It is educational enough for me to know that this will never be my method of choice regardless of how quick and painless it is.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, flank, DetachedDreamer97 and 6 others