• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
what would you classify as a short barrel? 18 inches?
I would say eighteen to maybe twenty-four inches would be short for a shotgun.
Also, if you I had the choice between the TAC-14 and an 18 inch, what would you recommend?
The eighteen-inch. It's cheaper, break-action shotguns are more reliable and if the cops find your shotgun they might think it's an illegal sawed-off shotgun and give you shit over it.
And about fitting in my car, It doesn't need to be glove compartment, but I also don't want something long and huge. Storage in the back would be good as well, just somewhere that it can fit that is not out in the open like between my seats
I took that into consideration, I still think the magnum is the better choice. Taurus and Rossi make some three-fifty-seven magnum revolvers I've found for less than five hundred dollars.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
so I've decided to go to a shotgun shooting range where they will allow me to rent a gun for $10. I might also go to a handgun range to get a feel of a magnum if they happen to have them. I really cannot afford to fuck up this method, which is why I'm still leaning against a handgun. I won't be able to shoot with the gun I'd eventually like to buy (TAC-14) but I think I'll still get good knowledge on what to expect when shooting it. Part of me thinks it may be best to not go so that I don't know what to expect, but the other part of me thinks it might give me comfort to see just how powerful they are in person.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
so I've decided to go to a shotgun shooting range where they will allow me to rent a gun for $10. I might also go to a handgun range to get a feel of a magnum if they happen to have them. I really cannot afford to fuck up this method, which is why I'm still leaning against a handgun. I won't be able to shoot with the gun I'd eventually like to buy (TAC-14) but I think I'll still get good knowledge on what to expect when shooting it. Part of me thinks it may be best to not go so that I don't know what to expect, but the other part of me thinks it might give me comfort to see just how powerful they are in person.
See if the range allows you to rent a revolver. I imagine they'd have some sort of revolver to shoot.
Keep in mind that the TAC-fourteen is a pistol grip only shotgun, I imagine they won't let you rent such a shotgun there, but rather a shotgun with a stock. The stock effects your aiming and recoil.

• Informative
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice
bte

bte

Sep 9, 2023
So- is it "normal" to be getting hollow point bullets? I obviously don't want to get any sort of questions or problems.... so is it weird if I just come into a gun store buy a gun and some hollow points and just head on out? Sorry probably a stupid question but that's basically what I would be doing.
I just did so this weekend. I know i'm not planning on carrying my gun, so I just said I wanted whatever was the best hollow-point ammo for self defense. It didn't raise any flags with anyone.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I just did so this weekend. I know i'm not planning on carrying my gun, so I just said I wanted whatever was the best hollow-point ammo for self defense. It didn't raise any flags with anyone.
A bit weird to be replying to a comment from six years ago, but to any lurkers who might be worried about this kinda thing, pretty much this.
Hollow point ammunition is commonly used for self-defense.
Also to everyone who's too worried here, as long as you don't come across as dangerous or "crazy", they don't care. They're salespeople. They see guns as tools. Unless you, once again, come across as someone who's going to use a gun to hurt other people, they aren't actively looking for a reason not to sell to you or help you out.

Reactions: bte
CosmicStrawberry

CosmicStrawberry

Mar 29, 2024
I'm thinking of buying a black powder pistol, is loading it as hard as it looks? The wiki how on how to load a black powder mentions disassembly to clean it, do I have to? I don't know anything about guns I'm just using it for CTB

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I'm thinking of buying a black powder pistol, is loading it as hard as it looks? The wiki how on how to load a black powder mentions disassembly to clean it, do I have to? I don't know anything about guns I'm just using it for CTB
You only need to clean it if you're planning on shooting it beforehand. You don't have to clean a black powder weapon after every shot, but gunpowder leaves foul residue all over the gun so if you're gonna take it out for some test shots you're going to want to clean it when you get back home.
Also it depends on what type of black powder gun you're using. Is it a muzzleloader or a revolver? Is it a flintlock or a caplock?
I'd recommend finding out the specific type of black powder gun you're using and looking up a youtube tutorial on loading that type of gun instead of wikihow.

Reactions: CosmicStrawberry
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Idk if this is the right place to post this but where would be the best place to store a shotgun? Do gun stores commonly offer storage?
What excuse can I give for buying a safe to store it in at home? That will look suspicious, no?
I don't have one yet, but I will eventually.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Idk if this is the right place to post this but where would be the best place to store a shotgun? Do gun stores commonly offer storage?
What excuse can I give for buying a safe to store it in at home? That will look suspicious, no?
I don't have one yet, but I will eventually.
Anywhere that it fits. Shove it in your closet or under the bed.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Anywhere that it fits. Shove it in your closet or under the bed.
I don't live alone and I don't have that many secure places to hide it. I think I will need to buy a safe, but I'm worried that doing so will arouse the suspicion of those I live with.

Last edited:
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I don't live alone and I don't have that many secure places to hide it. I think I will need to buy a safe, but I'm worried that doing so will arouse the suspicion of those I live with.
If you're old enough to buy a shotgun, you must be a grown adult. Tell the people you live with that you're an adult and to respect your privacy.
Also, if they end up taking it from you, that is your property and they have committed theft.
That being said, just stick a lock on your closet if you can, or get some sort of container with a lock on it. You can take the stock off the shotgun to make it easier to store.

Reactions: Eudaimonic