• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
will pistols work?
Of course, and the most important factors are having the right caliber and kind of round (hollow points, 9mm, .38 special, 45 ACP, 357 magnum, etc.) and also shot placement (the most important factor).

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
If someone used a 12 gauge shotgun pointed at the back of their mouth, would some or most of their face be left in tact afterwards?

Asking so I can understand roughly what my body will look like to first responders or passerby if things don't go as planned. I know it is a gruesome sight.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
If someone used a 12 gauge shotgun pointed at the back of their mouth, would some or most of their face be left in tact afterwards?

Asking so I can understand roughly what my body will look like to first responders or passerby if things don't go as planned. I know it is a gruesome sight.
From what I've seen, it'll probably be messed up but recognisable, they seem to more so just... distort the face, rather than blow it off. I don't know how to describe it without posting gore here.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
From what I've seen, it'll probably be messed up but recognisable, they seem to more so just... distort the face, rather than blow it off. I don't know how to describe it without posting gore here.
I see thanks

E

ExKizz

Feb 4, 2024
Hello,

In my country its hard to get firearm if its not for hunting ,according to different category. I know about people in my family having riffle(tikka or something like that i dont really know about riffle) in 300 winchester magnum caliber , is it a reliable caliber and riffle to use ?
About the aiming spot, is between the two eyes a good spot ? I've heard it was a method for execution, or maybe is it only in movie ?

Thanks!

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Hello,

In my country its hard to get firearm if its not for hunting ,according to different category. I know about people in my family having riffle(tikka or something like that i dont really know about riffle) in 300 winchester magnum caliber , is it a reliable caliber and riffle to use ?
About the aiming spot, is between the two eyes a good spot ? I've heard it was a method for execution, or maybe is it only in movie ?

Thanks!
Rifles generally aren't recommended but yeah, it'll work.
From what I've heard, the tip to lower bridge of the nose.

dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
Need some help deciding which handgun to choose...

A few days ago I took my first step towards ctb... It was my first time in a gun shop, and I was full of anxiety. I felt as if the store owners would look down on me for my lack of knowledge... To my surprise they were warm, welcoming and very helpful. Once the gun was placed in my hand, I felt a sense of relief that I've never felt before... It was as if the pistol knew my pain and wanted to help release me from it. They explained the difference between the two handguns that I was looking at and provided information on ammunition.

However... Since I couldn't really speak freely about the reason behind purchasing a gun, I would like to ask for some advice here. I narrowed it down to either a Springfield Armory 1911, or a Smith and Wesson 686. The storekeeper explained that the Springfield Armory is used by the military, so it seems like a good choice because it would have to be reliable out in the field. The ammunition it takes is .45, and I was wondering if this is enough to get the job done? The Smith and Wesson 686 takes .357, which also seems like it would work.

Could any of you offer advice in terms of what handgun would work best? I figure that I only have one shot at this, so I want to make sure that I don't survive. I certainly don't want to live through this because I've seen what others have been through and it's not pleasant.
Springfield Smith Wesson686

J

jumpman133

Mar 27, 2024
While shotgun seems incredibly violent and horrifying upon discovery it appears to me it would be the most foolproof based on everything I've read.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Need some help deciding which handgun to choose...

A few days ago I took my first step towards ctb... It was my first time in a gun shop, and I was full of anxiety. I felt as if the store owners would look down on me for my lack of knowledge... To my surprise they were warm, welcoming and very helpful. Once the gun was placed in my hand, I felt a sense of relief that I've never felt before... It was as if the pistol knew my pain and wanted to help release me from it. They explained the difference between the two handguns that I was looking at and provided information on ammunition.

However... Since I couldn't really speak freely about the reason behind purchasing a gun, I would like to ask for some advice here. I narrowed it down to either a Springfield Armory 1911, or a Smith and Wesson 686. The storekeeper explained that the Springfield Armory is used by the military, so it seems like a good choice because it would have to be reliable out in the field. The ammunition it takes is .45, and I was wondering if this is enough to get the job done? The Smith and Wesson 686 takes .357, which also seems like it would work.

Could any of you offer advice in terms of what handgun would work best? I figure that I only have one shot at this, so I want to make sure that I don't survive. I certainly don't want to live through this because I've seen what others have been through and it's not pleasant.
View attachment 133452View attachment 133453
I would say the .357. Is more powerful than 45 ACP and some semi-automatics have the potential to malfunction if pressed against something, which isn't a problem with revolvers.

Both would otherwise work and are reliable guns. Revolvers are generally more reliable than semi-automatics, and the 1911 is a tried and tested platform. I don't think it's still used by the military, but it was the sidearm for the US military during WWI, WWII the Korean War and Vietnam, and it served well throughout these wars. 45 ACP will more than do the job.
I would say a good excuse for buying a gun for CTB is self defense, seeing as if you're buying a gun for self defense you're already establishing that the purpose of your firearm is to use it to kill a human, and most weapons ideal for CTB are also ideal self defense weapons.
TL;DR the 686 and some .357 Magnum Jacketed Hollow Points, if questioned you are buying this for self defense, your friend's/uncle's/cousin's house got broken into recently or they got mugged or something.

A

AnneHiro

a miserable little pile of secrets
Mar 9, 2024
I just want to point out that, in the USA, many states will not permit firearms sales to people with a legally documented history of mental instability. Any brick and mortar gun/sporting goods/pawn shop is legally required to do a background check, but private sales (which gun show purchases constitute) are not scrutinized to the same degree. If you have ever been committed, you will have to go to a gun show or find a private seller and convince the person selling it that you are a hobbyist or that you live in a bad neighborhood or something.

FIrearm ownership rights can technically be restored, but it costs time and money to motion for reinstatement, and in my experience, judges are among the least sympathetic or understanding people.

(Apologies if that's been brought up already. I did a quick search.)

Reactions: dreamking
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I just want to point out that, in the USA, many states will not permit firearms sales to people with a legally documented history of mental instability. Any brick and mortar gun/sporting goods/pawn shop is legally required to do a background check, but private sales (which gun show purchases constitute) are not scrutinized to the same degree. If you have ever been committed, you will have to go to a gun show or find a private seller and convince the person selling it that you are a hobbyist or that you live in a bad neighborhood or something.

FIrearm ownership rights can technically be restored, but it costs time and money to motion for reinstatement, and in my experience, judges are among the least sympathetic or understanding people.

(Apologies if that's been brought up already. I did a quick search.)
And if that fails, here is that video I keep posting on how to get firearms even as a prohibited person.
https://pomf2.lain.la/f/cl4q0gmq.mp4
(both are the same video, just on different sites)
Skip to 5:19 and watch from there.

dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
I would say the .357. Is more powerful than 45 ACP and some semi-automatics have the potential to malfunction if pressed against something, which isn't a problem with revolvers.

Both would otherwise work and are reliable guns. Revolvers are generally more reliable than semi-automatics, and the 1911 is a tried and tested platform. I don't think it's still used by the military, but it was the sidearm for the US military during WWI, WWII the Korean War and Vietnam, and it served well throughout these wars. 45 ACP will more than do the job.
I would say a good excuse for buying a gun for CTB is self defense, seeing as if you're buying a gun for self defense you're already establishing that the purpose of your firearm is to use it to kill a human, and most weapons ideal for CTB are also ideal self defense weapons.
TL;DR the 686 and some .357 Magnum Jacketed Hollow Points, if questioned you are buying this for self defense, your friend's/uncle's/cousin's house got broken into recently or they got mugged or something.

I really appreciate your advice here. It sounds like purchasing a revolver such as the 686 Magnum is the way to go since It may be more reliable and powerful than the Springfield Armory 1911. Again... Thank you so much for the detailed information and video.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I'm from Brazil.

Can I buy a gun online?
No. You can technically buy one online if you're legally allowed to own guns, but I'm pretty sure you'd have to go to the gun shop to collect it.
Illegally? No, it would either be a scam or a police sting.
Get one legally, get the necessary contacts to get one illegally, or just build one yourself.

Demian

Demian

Mar 25, 2024
No. You can technically buy one online if you're legally allowed to own guns, but I'm pretty sure you'd have to go to the gun shop to collect it.
Illegally? No, it would either be a scam or a police sting.
Get one legally, get the necessary contacts to get one illegally, or just build one yourself.
OK, thanks!

Amacko

Amacko

Aug 27, 2021
Did thorough research on this thread the past few days and I think this will be my ctb method. So i'm going with a S&W 686 6" Barrel with 357 Remington Magnum 125 Jacketed Hollow Point. I'm fairly certain this will get the job done if I don't fuck up lol.

Planning to pick it up next week and if questioned I'll just say for self-defense/hunting
(live in FL so shouldn't be an Issue)

As for where to aim, everyone seems to agree the brain stem is optimal so I'm guessing behind the ear should suffice.

Anything I should change/alter or is this okay?

JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Dec 18, 2023
Thoughts on black powder revolvers with conversion cylinders? Would these cowboy loads be sufficent? 1711991901605

AlcoholicsCalculus

AlcoholicsCalculus

Stressed by impermanence
Feb 25, 2024
Will a 9mm Springfield prodigy 4.25 get the job done?

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Will a 9mm Springfield prodigy 4.25 get the job done?
Yes.
Did thorough research on this thread the past few days and I think this will be my ctb method. So i'm going with a S&W 686 6" Barrel with 357 Remington Magnum 125 Jacketed Hollow Point. I'm fairly certain this will get the job done if I don't fuck up lol.

Planning to pick it up next week and if questioned I'll just say for self-defense/hunting
(live in FL so shouldn't be an Issue)

As for where to aim, everyone seems to agree the brain stem is optimal so I'm guessing behind the ear should suffice.

Anything I should change/alter or is this okay?
From a guide I read:
"In order to shoot the medulla oblongata, you must shoot either the lower bridge or the tip of the nose, the bony protrusion behind the ear, or the lower back of the head."
So yeah, it should work.
I'll add to that though, that putting the gun in one's mouth and aiming slightly up to the point where the barrel would appear to be aiming at the ear if viewed from the side would work too.

Last edited:
AlcoholicsCalculus

AlcoholicsCalculus

Stressed by impermanence
Feb 25, 2024
O
Yes.

From a guide I read:
"In order to shoot the medulla oblongata, you must shoot either the lower bridge or the tip of the nose, the bony protrusion behind the ear, or the lower back of the head."
So yeah, it should work.
I'll add to that though, that putting the gun in one's mouth and aiming slightly up to the point where the barrel would appear to be aiming at the ear if viewed from the side would work too.
Out of all those options, which do you think would be best? And do you mean like literally point the gun at your nose 🤔

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
O

Out of all those options, which do you think would be best? And do you mean like literally point the gun at your nose 🤔
That was just a quote from a guide I read, but yes, that is what it was referring to.
Personally I think the best options were aiming behind the ear or sticking the gun in one's mouth.

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
Hi everyone. I'm thinking a gun could be the best method for me but the problem is I lost my gun rights due to being involuntarily hospitalized for an eating disorder in 2018 where i became very underweight and malnourished. I have since restored my weight and am medically stable now and am taking medication. So I'm wondering how easy it is to get gun rights restored or if there is any other way to go about it that i don't know of. Wondering if anyone here has any ideas.
See if you can get a gun at a gun show. Some don't have a lot of requirements to get guns at the events with sellers. Also see if you can get one in a different state. They may not cross check records with other states. If you're in the US they're pretty slow with thinking to do things like that.

SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
I feel like even if you aim for the brainstem in the mouth but maybe miss it slightly, if it's a high enough caliber, wouldn't you shoot through massive amounts of blood vessels to the point where even if you don't immediately go unconscious, you would drown in your own blood all while passing out from the lack of oxygen? I saw the Budd Dwyer video and it was like a damn fountain of blood. I kinda prefer high caliber handgun to a shotgun because it's easier to conceal and it's harder to get the angle of a shotgun right due to the length of the barrel and how awkward it is? And because it's more concealable I can shoot myself near some country road where I'm farther from fast medical attention? I just don't see how it can wrong, you have three insurances: hitting critical parts of brain (lizard part), losing blood into lungs, and blood loss. Am I missing something that might go wrong (besides flinching a shit ton)?

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I feel like even if you aim for the brainstem in the mouth but maybe miss it slightly, if it's a high enough caliber, wouldn't you shoot through massive amounts of blood vessels to the point where even if you don't immediately go unconscious, you would drown in your own blood all while passing out from the lack of oxygen? I saw the Budd Dwyer video and it was like a damn fountain of blood. I kinda prefer high caliber handgun to a shotgun because it's easier to conceal and it's harder to get the angle of a shotgun right due to the length of the barrel and how awkward it is? And because it's more concealable I can shoot myself near some country road where I'm farther from fast medical attention? I just don't see how it can wrong, you have three insurances: hitting critical parts of brain (lizard part), losing blood into lungs, and blood loss. Am I missing something that might go wrong (besides flinching a shit ton)?
Nah, I think you've nailed it. The only failed suicides I've heard about where they shot themselves in the head they put the gun underneath their chin and angled it in such a way that they basically just shot themselves in the face and nothing else, and then got help quickly. I think if you do it any other way, I can't possibly see how you fail, either you hit the brain directly or you damage your head so badly that you're just gonna bleed out either way.
I think your plan sounds solid, a shotgun is basically for someone who has absolute pants-shitting terror about failure and wants absolute 100% no way to fuck up whatsoever. Realistically speaking, 9mm and above will work, hell, I would say that .32 ACP and above would work fine, I've heard about suicides with .22 but with those I would genuinely worry about failure or at least not falling unconscious and dying suffering, or not dying immediately.
Point being, a high caliber handgun is fine, something like a 10mm or 45 ACP in a semi-automatic or .357 Magnum or anything more powerful than that (44 Magnum being the most common) for a revolver, you can't go wrong. Particularly because all those calibers are recommended for self-defense, and all but one are recommended for defense against bears if you live in a state where they are common (45 ACP being the only one I haven't seen specifically recommended for that purpose).

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
Supposing that one's options were only one of the two ammunitions, coming from a 3" barrel:
-410GA shot shell
-45 long colt

Which would be better?
In my mind, given a behind the ear shot, the shot shell sounds more likely to hit the brainstem even if aim is off, due to spread- but the 45 would certainly do more damage.

Last edited:
Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
Hi I know this is kind of odd to ask but does the bullet actually go out the other side of the head? I plan to do it in a bathtub in a hotel, but I don't want it to damage the walls…
I know that's kind of weird to think about I just don't want to leave a huge mess for the hotel so I was going to get a tarp liner or something and tape to the tub and walls. Idk. Any ideas of what I can do to minimize cleaning and damage done to walls?

Reactions: Forveleth
P

peaceabc2

Apr 3, 2024