• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
Yes. You're right. A goodbye post in the recovery section. I am the exceptional few who are able to actually recover and leave this forum.

I am exceptionally lucky to be able to post this. After almost 20 years of loneliness and pain, I've finally fount the one. The girl who would accept me despite my face and height. The girl who laughes at my weird jokes and stories. The girl with whom I can watch the beautiful starry sky with. The girl with whom I can talk about everything.

A saddening number of you are here due to loneliness. It's hard to be alone, and it's even harder to see others have what you can never have. I would like to help, but I'm afraid that mmy advice would be dismissed as normie platitiudes. However, I've had my fair share of struggle, especially with my physical appearance, so I will give a few tips that might be helpful, and share my understanding on some of the "normie" tips.

0: Stay away from incel and redpill forums. "Girls only want Chads"? "If you are under 6' it's over"? Even if they are true, precisely none of these "facts" are going to increase your likelihood to find a partner, and they only serve to put you down and drain your motivation. I assume you are trying to find a partner instead of do research on why you are unable to find a partner, so it's better for your chances to ditch these theories and just shoot your shot.

1: Be yourself, but also change yourself. The phrase "be yourself" might as well be a meme at this point, and whenever it's given as advice ridicule follows. However, from my experience, this phrase is largely correct. It simply does not mean what you think it means. You might think "be yourself" means "you need no improvement and you are good as-is". Actually it means "dont pretend to be someone you aren't". Should you improve yourself? Definitely. What you should NOT do is try to impress someone, or act according to some random "dating tips" on how you should act in front of women. They only make you seem unnatural and even fake.

2: Looks does not matter. Height does not matter. You might be calling me delusional, but there are only so much you can do about your appearance. You are not going to look like a movie star overnight, or even with decades of hard work. So what good it is to obsess over it? This has the same energy as tip #0: if it does not help, it does not matter. However, this is not to say that you should not lose weight or get a nice haircut. These are things you can do to improve your appearance, sometimes significantly.

3: Improve your social skills. Finding a partner is a social activity, so social skills matters a lot. And it can actually be improved. I pulled my social skills up by my bootstraps. Here is how I did it. Try to participate in social activities; if there are real people to meet, preferably in person, it works. Large group activities can be overwhelming, and there are risks of being ignored, so small group activities work better. I personally started with board games and poker.

4: Get to know girls. It goes without saying that getting to know girls significantly improves your likelihood of finding a partner. Getting to know many girls also prevents being hung on a specific person because there is always another one. This, in turn ,prevents wasting time and money on someone who isn't interested in you but keeps you around anyway for personal gains, and leaves you to spend more time around people who are more genuine and interested in you.

I wish that you guys follow my footsteps and leave this place soon.

HappyForever, formerly tfw_no_gf

Last edited:
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Farewell, I wish you both happiness. Some days may be more difficult than others, but I believe you both can work through them and grow stronger together. I'll be cheering you both on.

I'm really proud of you, best wishes.

• Love
Reactions: HappyForever?
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Good on you for working toward getting to a better place. I don't want to be a downer about it, and I hope you've already had this thought and are ready for the possibility: please do remember everything in life is contingent and circumstantial, and that things absolutely will change one way or another, for better or worse, whether you are blindsided by it or can roll with the punches. I haven't seen you around before but say this only in the hopes that you don't ever find yourself here again if you do leave. Best of luck.

• Informative
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
Thank you for all your kind replies.
Don't rely a person for your recovery, trust yourself, a partner will leave you eventually.

Good luck

Good on you for working toward getting to a better place. I don't want to be a downer about it, and I hope you've already had this thought and are ready for the possibility: please do remember everything in life is contingent and circumstantial, and that things absolutely will change one way or another, for better or worse, whether you are blindsided by it or can roll with the punches. I haven't seen you around before but say this only in the hopes that you don't ever find yourself here again if you do leave. Best of luck.
I am well aware that things may and do change, for better or worse. However, this experience is enough to prove that I am in fact able to be loved, and I will take solace in it no matter what happens.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Yes. You're right. A goodbye post in the recovery section. I am the exceptional few who are able to actually recover and leave this forum.

I am exceptionally lucky to be able to post this. After almost 20 years of loneliness and pain, I've finally fount the one. The girl who would accept me despite my face and height. The girl who laughes at my weird jokes and stories. The girl with whom I can watch the beautiful starry sky with. The girl with whom I can talk about everything.

A saddening number of you are here due to loneliness. It's hard to be alone, and it's even harder to see others have what you can never have. I would like to help, but I'm afraid that mmy advice would be dismissed as normie platitiudes. However, I've had my fair share of struggle, especially with my physical appearance, so I will give a few tips that might be helpful, and share my understanding on some of the "normie" tips.

0: Stay away from incel and redpill forums. "Girls only want Chads"? "If you are under 6' it's over"? Even if they are true, precisely none of these "facts" are going to increase your likelihood to find a partner, and they only serve to put you down and drain your motivation. I assume you are trying to find a partner instead of do research on why you are unable to find a partner, so it's better for your chances to ditch these theories and just shoot your shot.

1: Be yourself, but also change yourself. The phrase "be yourself" might as well be a meme at this point, and whenever it's given as advice ridicule follows. However, from my experience, this phrase is largely correct. It simply does not mean what you think it means. You might think "be yourself" means "you need no improvement and you are good as-is". Actually it means "dont pretend to be someone you aren't". Should you improve yourself? Definitely. What you should NOT do is try to impress someone, or act according to some random "dating tips" on how you should act in front of women. They only make you seem unnatural and even fake.

2: Looks does not matter. Height does not matter. You might be calling me delusional, but there are only so much you can do about your appearance. You are not going to look like a movie star overnight, or even with decades of hard work. So what good it is to obsess over it? This has the same energy as tip #0: if it does not help, it does not matter. However, this is not to say that you should not lose weight or get a nice haircut. These are things you can do to improve your appearance, sometimes significantly.

3: Improve your social skills. Finding a partner is a social activity, so social skills matters a lot. And it can actually be improved. I pulled my social skills up by my bootstraps. Here is how I did it. Try to participate in social activities; if there are real people to meet, preferably in person, it works. Large group activities can be overwhelming, and there are risks of being ignored, so small group activities work better. I personally started with board games and poker.

4: Get to know girls. It goes without saying that getting to know girls significantly improves your likelihood of finding a partner. Getting to know many girls also prevents being hung on a specific person because there is always another one. This, in turn ,prevents wasting time and money on someone who isn't interested in you but keeps you around anyway for personal gains, and leaves you to spend more time around people who are more genuine and interested in you.

I wish that you guys follow my footsteps and leave this place soon.

HappyForever, formerly tfw_no_gf
Congratuation!

I'd add my own tip... To beware of codependency. Putting all our happiness on someone's shoulder can crush them dry.

I hope that you will see meeting her as a proof that people can love you. So if you end up going in different directions, after changing & wanting different things... That you'll keep hope.

I wish you to marry & grow old together
Thank you for all your kind replies.

I am well aware that things may and do change, for better or worse. However, this experience is enough to prove that I am in fact able to be loved, and I will take solace in it no matter what happens.
You're wesome 💖

tipsytiger

tipsytiger

Sep 10, 2022
hey I hope you're going to be happy forever just like your username! and I'm really glad that there's someone who loved you. Goodluck my friend

• Love
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Well done and congratulations to you! I think these success stories are important to bring balance and perspective for many here.

I have not achieved the same as you but am currently trying almost as a full-time job. Sometimes it seems painfully obvious that when we are in self-pity mode, we are in quite a delusional state. We stop making any proper effort and then are guaranteed depressing results in a vicious circle.

The problem is that we only tend to value our own experience. When people with less looks or less *whatever than us achieve healthy relationships, we tend to dismiss that fact and go back to claiming our situations are hopeless. In my own case, the hardest part is ignoring the statistical fact that I've had countless years of dismal failure, even though I know intellectually that a lot of important work has been done and a transformational eureka moment could come at any time... or not.

• Love
dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Thank you for helping me understand that we've all got different issues.
A partner is not a solution for me.

Best wishes !

• Love