• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I like earl grey and rose milk tea. If they aren't available, then I'll just get black milk tea (with boba ofc). I also like Thai iced tea and chai lattes. I love matcha lattes as well, there's a place called Boba Guys (now known as Lazy Sundaes) which does really good ones, I like the white chocolate, strawberry, and rose ones. I was into brown sugar for a bit, but then it got too sweet. I haven't had boba in a while though. Wbu?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Red Bean, Taro, Strawberry, and Mango! If I had to pick one it'd be Taro. Might use this thread to determine my next flavor pick.

I love boba (tapioca pearls) but I always end up finishing the drink and leaving the cup filled with boba itself which is a bit annoying. I will still order it regardless.

• Love
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
MATCHAAAAAAAAA. I also love taro and honeydew ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ also with boba, all the bobaaaa, mountains of boba
Bubble Tea Bear GIF

Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I second matcha as the supreme flavor for almost any drink.

My feelings on boba vary. A lot of places nowadays use really cheap forms of boba that are basically no better than chewing plastic or rubber. Real, handmade boba is difficult and expensive to come by but it tastes really good so I try to get that when I can. As long as it's big and just the right kind of doughy/chewy that's good enough for me. It might sound kind of crass but the word boba comes from slang for a boob so my refined tastes demand that the boba in tea should have the consistency of one. ๐Ÿ˜

I also used to get grass jelly instead but now lots of places have cheapened out on that topping too so now I usually go toppingless since I don't really like any other type of topping.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I second matcha as the supreme flavor for almost any drink.

My feelings on boba vary. A lot of places nowadays use really cheap forms of boba that are basically no better than chewing plastic or rubber. Real, handmade boba is difficult and expensive to come by but it tastes really good so I try to get that when I can. As long as it's big and just the right kind of doughy/chewy that's good enough for me. It might sound kind of crass but the word boba comes from slang for a boob so my refined tastes demand that the boba in tea should have the consistency of one. ๐Ÿ˜

I also used to get grass jelly instead but now lots of places have cheapened out on that topping too so now I usually go toppingless since I don't really like any other type of topping.
I was talking to the manager of a bubble tea shop, he said everyone raised prices because the cost of imports, materials, taxes, franchising fee and labor increased so for their profit margin they increased prices
My friend's family own a chain.

The vast majority of the bubble tea I've found in the US comes from those premixed packets and is largely the same from place to place.

The subtle differences seem to be defined by the expiration date on the ingredients each restaurant uses, not a difference in ingredients themselves. It's like comparing the quality of diner hash browns, a crapshoot wherever you go.

Nothing compares to Taiwan where they use real tea.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
MATCHAAAAAAAAA. I also love taro and honeydew ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ also with boba, all the bobaaaa, mountains of boba
Bubble Tea Bear GIF
I love matcha as well. I couldn't get into taro though and haven't tried honeydew yet. I think it's because I eat taro as savory food

• Love
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
I like earl grey and rose milk tea with boba. If they aren't available, then I'll just get black milk tea (with boba ofc). I also like Thai iced tea and chai lattes. I love matcha lattes with boba as well, there's a place called Boba Guys (now known as Lazy Sundaes) which does really good ones, I like the white chocolate, strawberry, and rose ones. I was into brown sugar for a bit, but then it got too sweet. I haven't had boba in a while though. Wbu?
The rose milk tea you mentioned sounds so good ๐Ÿฅ€ I've never tried it but have always wanted to. I like chai lattes as well!!

Reactions: sserafim