• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I am curious of what experiences others have had with therapists/psychologists/psychiatrists:
If you have had therapy how was the experience: have you had a good therapist and so on.
Do the others consider it actually worth the money to pay for therapists or only gone due to social assistance programs?

I have personally only met a a few mental health professionals I could like and many more that were actually dishonest or I did not get along with.
My current psychologist is decent and that is the first time I have had this happen.
I enjoy how honest she can be after she learned my personality: for example she straight up says she does not care if anyone kills themselves or self harms.
I find that usually psychologists layer on a thick facade and I understand why they do that because in most cases it works.

reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
I have seen a lot. I try to be patient with all of them as I know they are only trying to help. I already know what to expect going in so I can't be disappointed.

Reactions: Huntfish34
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I have seen a lot. I try to be patient with all of them as I know they are only trying to help. I already know what to expect going in so I can't be disappointed.
What do you think they fail to do? how do they disappoint you?

Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Most of them usually just decide i'm an autistic transgender person because of my appearance and liking of anime and proceed to waste weeks of my times by refusing to talk about anything besides trans stuff. I just need them to help me find places i could go out and meet people at that wouldnt give me a panic attack, instead i'm asked about 10000 times if wearing my Astolfo cosplay at cons ''makes me feel like deep down inside i'm a woman'' lol.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Most of them usually just decide i'm an autistic transgender person because of my appearance and liking of anime and proceed to waste weeks of my times by refusing to talk about anything besides trans stuff. I just need them to help me find places i could go out and meet people at that wouldnt give me a panic attack, instead i'm asked about 10000 times if wearing my Astolfo cosplay at cons ''makes me feel like deep down inside i'm a woman'' lol.
I would take everything they say with a grain of salt as they do tend to push whatever is political and social norm at the time even if it means curing womans hysteria by molesting them!
I would totally get out of there if they were so misunderstanding of you as an individual.

Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Thankfully i'm done with them at the end of this month uwu Slightly worried about the new therapy thing they're blackmailing me into going to though they seemed... Especially dumb lol. Worse case scenario i'll pull a progamer move and show up to therapy in the Astolfo cosplay whilst doing my best to be as annoyingly cute and energic as the bestest pink boi :3
Trap bois

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
show up to therapy in the Astolfo cosplay whilst doing my best to be as annoyingly cute and energic as the bestest pink boi :3
Based animoo cosplaying trap proud to show powerlevel
Can I ask what this new therapy is you are concerned about?
It must feel so invalidating to basically be told or suspect your therapist thinks you could be cured with titty skittles.
It is surprising how unthinking therapists can be...

Reactions: sufferingalways
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I have no idea what the new therapy thing actually is lol, they refused to give me any kind of information whatsoever about what it is. They even straight up refused to tell me what we're gonna be working on fixing... The only actual information I have is that if I want to see my 4000$ worth of collectible guns the cops seized again, i have to cooperate *fully* and to both the therapist and psychiatrist's satisfaction. But yeah, it's insanely frustrating and invalidating to have a therapist basically just either call me gay or try to push me to take titty pills.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I have no idea what the new therapy thing actually is lol, they refused to give me any kind of information whatsoever about what it is. They even straight up refused to tell me what we're gonna be working on fixing... The only actual information I have is that if I want to see my 4000$ worth of collectible guns the cops seized again, i have to cooperate *fully* and to both the therapist and psychiatrist's satisfaction. But yeah, it's insanely frustrating and invalidating to have a therapist basically just either call me gay or try to push me to take titty pills.
I guess you can just do it as long as it does not involve putting anything into your body.
Government mandated HRT lolz, nah it won't be that surely.
Could be some type of conversion therapy to make you homo :3

People are complex and we cannot just put them all in a box but that is exactly how most psych's think.
They do not see you as a person but a cluster of mental illness symptoms.
You are too unconventional to them. You like to dress up as cute characters and are not gay or tranny and they cannot see any other possibility since so closed minded.

I wont ask details but imagine this is from an attempt or something and only makes it even more unfair.

Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
They'd so love for me to be trans/homo and it's kinda creepy, the second they realise they might have a lgbtq person they start acting really weird and have what i could only describe as a perverted ow0 face on them. It kinda feels like i'm dealing with little Mengele goblins. Not even from an attempt, my therapist just ''Felt like i was gonna be dangerous'' and did the whole legal kidnapping thing. I was just slowly falling asleep on my chovy plushie in her office from not having slept the night before and having had to walk an hour to get there lol.

Wraith

Wraith

Lost in The Void
Nov 4, 2020
My previous psychiatrist refused to prescribe medication for the disorders I brought up to him, and instead prescribed me medication that I had already been on, that also didn't work. He pushed therapy hard, even though I told him I wasn't ready for it. Needless to say I dropped him. I'm currently looking for a new psychiatrist, but COVID has greatly slowed things down.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I really hope you have a community to talk with that understands your view as I know mainstream thinking sides with the psych's...
Your therapist must just love getting people sectioned!!
I think it is so great you take a plushie for comfort with you to places it is uber cute.
They are not exactly helping you not want to kill yourself by pulling all this shit on you.
If I was you I would want to write a letter to complain I did this once before when a therapist did something and they ended up getting investigated.
I am not even a tattle tale but some things like what you are experiencing is clearly effects of a flawed system
My previous psychiatrist refused to prescribe medication for the disorders I brought up to him, and instead prescribed me medication that I had already been on, that also didn't work.
This is in some ways understandable from their perspective if you were bringing up disorders you were not diagnosed with.
I personally think little of diagnoses considering how many they can give you and the fact nearly everyone has a different opinion lolz
I am guessing they wanted you to take more antipsychotics? Psychiatrists love to prescribe anti psychotics.
Psychiatrists are just doctors who know about mental health more so can only prescribe medication or suggest therapy.

Last edited:
L

Lifessocruel

Aug 23, 2021
My experiences of the NHS care is a complete joke, firstly i called my GP after saying i was very depressed and they said how are you sleeping, i said ok and they did nothing. Almost like they didn't believe me. Then my depression got so bad i couldn't get out of bed and I was given pills and asked for counselling instead they didn't and tried to suggest that i was psychotic and referred me to that team, highly insulting and dam right disrespectful. I was a hypochondriac before but now i don't give a shit what happens to me things have got that bad. Completely failed by the system. I think it all happening in lockdown was very bad timing but they can't use that as an excuse.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I've seen 4 therapists so far. Each time has been pretty short since I'm a low-income student, so I usually get therapy through my schools. Treatment lasts a couple months at most, my most recent therapy stint has been going on pretty long because my uni has a psychiatry residency attached to it. Med school residents need the training and can stick with you for longer. However once my doctor or I graduate, I won't be getting free treatment anymore.

When I paid for therapy, it wasn't really worth it. It really depends on your condition and your therapist though. I have severe social anxiety, and I had a better time with school therapists. I think it's because social anxiety is very common among college students and it tends to get acute when you first become independent. But most therapists in private practice don't like to deal with severe illnesses or significant impairment like that, and they may not have the skills to handle patients like that. That might be because private practice patients are usually well-off, working adults dealing with generalized anxiety, postpartum issues, managing a mood or personality disorder, etc... essentially their ability to afford private practice rates (or work a job that provides behaviorhal health insurance) means they are better off mentally. Someone who is practically disabled by their mental illness will probably go to a community health center or psychiatric ward -- that's if they receive any help at all.

Good therapy is always worth it though. If you can find a great clinician that you trust, then treatment can go really well. i've read that rapport can be more indicative of clinical success than training or specialty. Not sure if that's fully true but it does make sense.