• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I want to cbt. I like to brag that I'm probably one of the mentally healthiest people out there, and that's true. And yet I'd get hospitalised if I were to tell someone. I'd likely be out quickly, simply because there is no illness/disorder that could be diagnosed or treated. The fact that a healthy person can get basically imprisoned for something as "mundane" as suicide is ridiculous to me. If I were to hypothetically talk to a therapist/psychiatrist and get diagnosed with something, I probably wouldn't even believe them. Misdiagnosis rates are incredibly high and my country uses outdated diagnostics manuals and medications.
When I was 17, I was nearly hospitalised. For SI? No. For depression? No. For any other mental health problem(s)? No. I was nearly hospitalised for not going to school. Luckily, the judge sided with me, but it's still ridiculous how easy it is to get people, especially children, locked up. For it to even get that far, my mother needed the opinion of a psychiatrist. I saw that man for literally 10 minutes. Didn't say a word. He got mad and told me how bad my life would be etc. What did he write down as "suspected illnesses/disorders"? Atypical Autism ("Atypical autism arises most often in profoundly retarded individuals and in individuals with a severe specific developmental disorder of receptive language." How nice of him), Elective Mutism (just goes to show how far behind my country is), and moderate depressive episode. All that after seeing him for no longer than 10 minutes, and he's supposed to be one of the good psychiatrists.
The fact that my mother did (and still does) spout a lot of nonsene isn't exactly helpful. E.g. she's convinced (and even told the judge) that I have Social Anxiety Disorder.
During the hearing, I was asked whether I experienced suicidal ideation. I hate lying but had practically no other choice but to say no. If I has said yes, I would've gotten hospitalised for a minimum of 6 weeks.
My claim that I don't have any illnesses/disorders is even backed up by the one time I was hospitalised. I annoyed my mother to the point that she lied to her therapist and had me hospitalised for 6 weeks.
Guess what, they didn't find a single thing. The stay was pretty terrible though, and the psychiatrist blamed all of my mother's problems on me (and there are tons of reports about child abuse, idk how they're still open)
I'm now forced to have a psychological evaluation to see whether I'm fit for work because I no longer attend school and also don't have an apprenticeship. Resources are being wasted on me because I can't tell them that I won't even be around anymore in a few weeks. I hate lying to them, having to play along and act like I'm invested in my future, but the alternative is getting locked up for 6 weeks or longer.
I really don't see how anyone who actually wants help is helped by just locking them up the moment they admit to being suicidal. Knowing the psychiatries here, they'd probably get traumatised from the stay. There are lots of studies that prove that involuntary hospitalisation more often than not only leads to bigger issues. Trauma, trust issues, etc.

Sorry for the incoherent rambling and probably English, I'm not really good at writing and English isn't my first language.

Last edited:
snowyyy

snowyyy

in pursuit of freedom
Nov 26, 2023
In the same way, it is hard for me to understand what is intended to isolate a person from the outside world, just because he has suicidal thoughts. I was in such a situation myself, I was locked up fortunately only for a month because of the thoughts and it was awful. I got worse and became traumatized.
If someone wants to go voluntarily that's fine.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
A lot of people can't accept the fact that not every suicidal person is mentally ill and has poor mental health. I got misdiagnosed with three different mental illnesses by two different psychiatrists after one of my failed attempts back when I was around 15. It's seriously annoying the lengths people will go to make every suicidal person out to be mentally unstable and traumatized when there are actually a suprising amount of suicidal people who are actually perfectly fine mentally. I'm sorry that you had to put up with so much bullshit from the healthcare system, different mental health professionals, and your mom, all because no one is willing to accept the idea that you can want to end your own life without having some sort of mental health problem.

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
I want to cbt. I like to brag that I'm probably one of the mentally healthiest people out there, and that's true. And yet I'd get hospitalised if I were to tell someone. I'd likely be out quickly, simply because there is no illness/disorder that could be diagnosed or treated. The fact that a healthy person can get basically imprisoned for something as "mundane" as suicide is ridiculous to me. If I were to hypothetically talk to a therapist/psychiatrist and get diagnosed with something, I probably wouldn't even believe them. Misdiagnosis rates are incredibly high and my country uses outdated diagnostics manuals and medications.
When I was 17, I was nearly hospitalised. For SI? No. For depression? No. For any other mental health problem(s)? No. I was nearly hospitalised for not going to school. Luckily, the judge sided with me, but it's still ridiculous how easy it is to get people, especially children, locked up. For it to even get that far, my mother needed the opinion of a psychiatrist. I saw that man for literally 10 minutes. Didn't say a word. He got mad and told me how bad my life would be etc. What did he write down as "suspected illnesses/disorders"? Atypical Autism ("Atypical autism arises most often in profoundly retarded individuals and in individuals with a severe specific developmental disorder of receptive language." How nice of him), Elective Mutism (just goes to show how far behind my country is), and moderate depressive episode. All that after seeing him for no longer than 10 minutes, and he's supposed to be one of the good psychiatrists.
The fact that my mother did (and still does) spout a lot of nonsene isn't exactly helpful. E.g. she's convinced (and even told the judge) that I have Social Anxiety Disorder.
During the hearing, I was asked whether I experienced suicidal ideation. I hate lying but had practically no other choice but to say no. If I has said yes, I would've gotten hospitalised for a minimum of 6 weeks.
My claim that I don't have any illnesses/disorders is even backed up by the one time I was hospitalised. I annoyed my mother to the point that she lied to her therapist and had me hospitalised for 6 weeks.
Guess what, they didn't find a single thing. The stay was pretty terrible though, and the psychiatrist blamed all of my mother's problems on me (and there are tons of reports about child abuse, idk how they're still open)
I'm now forced to have a psychological evaluation to see whether I'm fit for work because I no longer attend school and also don't have an apprenticeship. Resources are being wasted on me because I can't tell them that I won't even be around anymore in a few weeks. I hate lying to them, having to play along and act like I'm invested in my future, but the alternative is getting locked up for 6 weeks or longer.
I really don't see how anyone who actually wants help is helped by just locking them up the moment they admit to being suicidal. Knowing the psychiatries here, they'd probably get traumatised from the stay. There are lots of studies that prove that involuntary hospitalisation more often than not only leads to bigger issues. Trauma, trust issues, etc.

Sorry for the incoherent rambling and probably English, I'm not really good at writing and English isn't my first language.
Your rambling is very coherent to me, and especially if English isn't even your primary language! I couldn't agree with you more. I was hospitalized for 6 weeks when I was 10 years old. There was a medical issue, but in today's world I wouldn't have spent all that time in the hospital but things were done differently back then (1968). And the disease and the what I like to call "incarceration" for 6 weeks, left me traumatized to the point where they almost put me in a psychiatric hospital. "The children's psychiatric hospital" šŸ˜¬. Even at that age I knew the potential horrors of that scenario, so I did and said whatever I had to to get out of that, which meant seeing a psychiatrist once a week. (I was never on medications but in today's world I'm sure that would be different.) And so I learned early - never admit suicidal thoughts to anyone with the legal ability to lock me up. Ugh!