• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Majority of my experiences I have had with people who promote mental health wellness and suicide prevention I have come to the conclusion that mental health awareness and suicide prevention is just a way for arseholes to show how they are "good person" and too make themselves feel better.

All throughout my life I have had so many experiences of being builled in mental health support communities and spaces whenever I tried to improve my life because I really wanted to live. The depression sufferers in these communities who were doing the bullying, patronising and judging of me the common pattern I noticed was they were using their experiences of recovery and road to recovery to show how " strong" they were and trying to make themselves feel better putting me down.

The last online support community I belonged too was a digtal detox community which promoted mental wellness on discord since leaving last month. I was judged by a group of women and men when I shared my sadness of being single and mental health struggles.

One of the women was arrogant. She patronisingly said ' I experienced rejection all throughout my life but I don't let it get to me", " I got a husband now" and blamed me for being single and how it is all my fault for not trying. Another woman who met her husband on a dating app and has a facial swelling deformity blamed me for being single and not having friends.

The problem with society is everyone wants to be seen as a morally good person but not actually being one, suicide prevention and mental wellness advocacy is a just a way for biggest arseholes and pieces of sh-t of society to virtual signal how they are "good people"

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
I feel like now ego is everything. We are slowly running out of things to do in life as everything becomes automated and have less to do throughout our lives. Many people resort to "helping" others, but realistically if it meant nothing towards their public image they would probably encourage others to CTB.
Even people outside this forum, They view us as crazy sociopaths who get a kick out of seeing young people die. But are they sure they're not the ones who are the sociopaths? Because as far as I can tell, They're the ones who only help others out of a desire to make themselves feel better and make themselves look good to the public. The second you are no longer in need of help, they reveal who they truly are. They are the selfish, sociopathic people. Not us on this forum. I'm sorry to get diverted a bit, but I felt the need to say it.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
Yeah, well she's obviously used to not everyone liking her...

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
most of them have savior complexes, & if they don't, they have a superiority complex. they view themselves as stronger & that we're taking the easy way out, so we need to be patronized & coddled. or they're doctors being paid to keep us alive by any means necessary, so u can't really trust them or take anything they say @ face value :p we're pretty much screwed from every angle, lol.

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
Suicide prevent and mental health advocacy can basically just be summed up as just saying a bunch of empty platitudes over and over again. As a result, it makes it the perfect place for self-righteous dumbasses with saviour complexes to congregate and pat themselves on the back for "helping others" and "saving lives". The standards for suicide prevention and mental health advocacy are so low to the point at which just spamming a suicide prevention hotline number anywhere online is enough for others to commend you for caring so much about suicidal people. None of these people care about trying to create real change, they just want their cookie for doing below the bare minimum.

To make matters worse, the representatives of the these movements, the ones who are supposed to be able to relate to other suicidal and/or mentally ill people, are also people who usually had a support system of some sort to fall back on, came from a privileged background (middle to upper-middle class or even rich background, white, cishet, functional family, good education, good-looking, etc), are usually recovered or have found ways to manage their condition, and can only view these issues from their perspective and lack any nuanced takes. Like, it's cool that you were mentally ill and suicidal but you had a nice family, a great group of friends, a bf/gf, and access to top of the line mental health resources to fall back on, but this doesn't apply to everyone. A lot of people don't have that.

Some people have mental illnesses are treatment resistant, some people don't have a support system to rely on, some people don't have access to mental health resoruces, some people who are suicidal have already tried everything and nothing works, some people who are suicidal aren't mentally ill, etc. But then again, even the people who you'd expect to understand suicidal and mentally ill people the most and should be advocating in those people's best interest aren't doing what they are doing for them. They are doing it to fill their own egos.

Suicide prevention and mental health advocacy is a complete joke but the minute you point that out everyone gets upset because pointing out the huge glaring issues with suicide prevention and mental health advocacy means calling out these dumbasses for essentially doing nothing and using these issues to feed into their own saviour complexes. Why bother trying to improve the standards of living in order to actually help people when you can instead just take the lazy route and just do the same useless things over and over again?

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I think some of the hostility hidden in the "helpy helping" comes from defensive feelings. Say someone has a massive, strangely-shaped birthmark on their face. They've been harassed about it their whole life, and expect a lonely future without friends or a partner. One day they come here and say that their life has been ruined by their birthmark, and they want to ctb because of it.

Now imagine there is someone else here who also has a very large birthmark on their face, but for various reasons they experience less suffering because of it. They might instinctively feel defensive when they read the first person's posts. They might read a (perhaps erroneous) message between the lines of the OP's post, namely: "People with facial birthmarks are all doomed to be social pariahs. There's no point in trying to scrape together any amount of self-esteem, because it would only be a form of lying to yourself."

The reader with the birthmark might not take that well, especially if they've spent their lifetime trying to scrape together a little self-esteem. They might snap back at the OP, either with, "If you're a loser, speak for yourself," or else offer "help" that is at least partly concern trolling: "I used to hate myself because of my birthmark, but now I don't. Have you tried yoga?" (etc., etc.)

I confess I've been guilty of having such reactions myself. It can be hard not to, especially if the original post appears to be saying that everyone who has some particular characteristic is doomed to a worthless life. I have my own reasons for frequently being suicidal, and I don't like being handed other people's as well.

That said, I doubt most people who say (for example); "I'm a man who's shorter than 5' 10". I will never get a date, and I want to ctb" intend to insult other short guys. They're probably not thinking about random strangers at all. Going forward, I will try not to answer such posts with defensiveness and likely-useless advice.

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I fully agree with you. Almost all MH advocacy and SP programs and efforts are mainly all for the pro-lifers to cope and also show how they are "good people" despite their selfish, insidious, and nefarious intentions. Sure, there are people who claim that they are doing to help others, but in the end, it's really just self-serving for the person. When I growing up, I oftenly encountered so many of these fake help and messages being spread just about everywhere, be it in school, workplaces, public areas, etc. It's just padding the pro-lifers' ego while sticking it to the people who are suffering, all the while receiving disgusting praise from their fellow pro-lifers.

People don't really care, they just care that their worldview is being threatened, or even at risk of being shattered so they project their insecurities and will onto those who don't share the same views they do.

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
I guess the solution should then be to close down every last therapist and putting a bullet into everyones head. Life is fucking worthless to everyone here anyway. If everyone else is insane for wanting to do trivial shit like fishing or watching movies, despite the fact they could get a disease or some shit, then you might as well roll out fucking death squads and start killing all the insane. It doesn't fucking matter anyway. If mental health anything is just bullshit, then get everyone to kill themselves. Who fucking cares anymore.