• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Does anyone know of any observational studies aside from Dignitas and Russel D. Ogden's Case report?

hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
I think that should be okay. Make sure the regulators fitting is compatible with your cylinder
That's great! Now I only lack an EEBD Hood, I have not yet found a suitable place to buy it. Moreover, EEBD hoods are too expensive.

Reactions: Das Nichts
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I want to make a clarification about what the PPeH says about masks:
PPeH - Face Masks vs Exit Bags.png

This is only for medical masks and does NOT apply to SCBA masks since they have a PERFECT SEAL at all times (not only due to the quality of the mask but also due to the positive pressure that the demand valve maintains inside the mask). This is proven by the fact that firefighters use them while doing heavy physical labour at the same time while surrounded by extremely toxic fumes.

Good SCUBA masks (even tho they don't maintain a positive pressure) also have a very good seal once they are tightened.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Heads up if you are buying cylinders from a store: the protective cap of mine was screwed in very tight and rusted at the bottom so I utilized an impact wrench to loosen it.

Reactions: Endex
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
View attachment 110791
View attachment 110792

Can someone help me? The cheaper regulator is made in China, while the more expensive one is made in Europe. The sellers claim that both are nitrogen regulators, but their prices vary greatly. Which one should I buy? Also, why are the prices of EEBD Hoods so high?😂
Because of the economical conditions, you can't sell 189 bucks regulator to other countries in Asia so they have to make something cheap for other countries

World is not just about the west, there are more people living in the other side of the world lol so China as a manufacturing giant they have to make products which they can sell in every countries still western countries regulators are good in quality and go through a lot of regulations which makes it more expensive!

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Because of the economical conditions, you can't sell 189 bucks regulator to other countries in Asia so they have to make something cheap for other countries

World is not just about the west, there are more people living in the other side of the world lol so China as a manufacturing giant they have to make products which they can sell in every countries still western countries regulators are good in quality and go through a lot of regulations which makes it more expensive!
That's irrelevant in his case because both regulators are not able to set LPM.

Reactions: Endex
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Btw dual stage regulators are the good ones for LPM.

The one posted by @hatehypocrisy is really good, dual stage and with an integrated flow meter calibrated for Nitrogen, almost as good as a click-style regulator.​

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
But he can add a flowmeter unit to it, I have seen they are selling flowmeter as a separate unit
Probably, but less adapters / Attachments mean less room for errors.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Another test--Breathed normally after filling the EEBD Hood with Nitrogen--Watched the Oxygen level go down from 98 to 78, took hood off, continued to drop to 56---Still working well despite PSI level down to 1650
How you test it, you just put the hood on your head and open the cylinder value or you fill the hood with nitrogen then put the hood on your head?

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Btw dual stage regulators are the good ones for LPM.

The one posted by @hatehypocrisy is really good, dual stage and with an integrated flow meter calibrated for Nitrogen, almost as good as a click-style regulator.​
My Nitrogen cylinder is

Inlet pressure:250bar/3500psi
Output pressure: 8bar/120psi

Is it good, can buy it ?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Do you mean checking if that cylinder is viable to CTB? Yeah it has a bunch of gas.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023

When ppeh did the test with 3M versaflo eebd hood, they set the flow rate to 25lpm using the mad dog regulator and they said after 30 sec oxygen level went from 21% to 1% so if I use eebd hood, do I have to set my flowmeter 25 lpm or 15 lpm is good to go?

Initial helmet testing was carried out using a 3M-Versaflo S-533L helmet (as pictured on the following page). When used to provide protection from airborne contaminants or pathogens, the helmet is connected to a portable air pump that delivers filtered air at a rate of ~200 liters/ min. To test the helmet's suitability as a replacement for the Exit bag, the helmet was positioned over a mannequin. The inlet was connected to a 2-liter cylinder of compressed nitrogen. Using a Max Dog flow-regulator, the delivery rate was set at the 25 liters/min (the maximum setting on the regulator). The composition of the gas was sampled at a position near the nose using a RKI Eagle gas analyser (see following diagram). Upon switching on the nitrogen, there was a rapid drop in the level of oxygen within the helmet. Within 30 seconds, the [O2] level had dropped from ambient 21% to less than 1%. A deep breath taken by a person wearing the helmet would result in immediate loss of consciousness and rapid death. As in the case of the plastic Exit bag, the flow of nitrogen exiting the helmet from around the neck ensures that there is no build-up of carbon dioxide [CO2] within the helmet. A video of the test procedure is shown. The 3M mask is available from Amazon for around $85 https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000094208/ Further tests are currently underway examining the possible modification of the MicroClimate Air (pictured lower left).

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
For that same hood I'd use the recommended flow rate in the PPeH (25).

Reactions: Vizzy