• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Thank you for the acknowledgement. It's it's overwhelming having A.D.D and reading all these instructions, all the things I need to buy, all the things that can go wrong. I literally look things up for hours on methods that might work for me and I keep coming up empty. I'm having trouble locating the link that says resources for the step by step instructions. Could it be under something else?

^ Visit that page, go down to 'downloads provided by' in red & check out its contents

Reactions: Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Thank you for the acknowledgement. It's it's overwhelming having A.D.D and reading all these instructions, all the things I need to buy, all the things that can go wrong. I literally look things up for hours on methods that might work for me and I keep coming up empty. I'm having trouble locating the link that says resources for the step by step instructions. Could it be under something else?
It will take some time to grasp everything be patient and don't be to hard on yourself!

readytogo28

readytogo28

May 20, 2023

^ Visit that page, go down to 'downloads provided by' in red & check out its contents
Thanks I appreciate it
It will take some time to grasp everything be patient and don't be to hard on yourself!
Thank you

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Meanwhile @Glandular has discovered another German scba vendor. You can get complete Sets for 150 €.
Unfortunately I borked my mask but I've tested the regulator and it works like a charm with a DR LDV and Mask.
It outputs 5.5 bar and the DR LDV needs a minimum of 4 bar.

Pro 1: the regulator does not have a low pressure warning whistle, so you can catch the bus like a ninja.
Pro 2: it connects to the W24.32 / G 5/8 adapter without problems.
Con 1: compared to a DR regulator it's a bit chubby. Might be harder to handle if you need to carry this somewhere.
Con 2: It's also heavier so it will put more weight on the valve of the cylinder. But I think this is hypothetical. Just don't
leave it screwed in permanently.

For comparison the size of the mat is 42x42cm

Rna1603z

Last edited:
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
My cylinder is 2 cbm and pressure is 150 bar is that okay?

I see people mostly talking about 200 bar
cubic meter is a measurement for volume. 2cbm = 2000 liters. As per constant flow formula (exit bag) 2000L / 15 Liter (per Minute) = 133 minutes
Where 400 liter should suffice per pph.

Is the tank really that large ?

Reactions: Vizzy
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
cubic meter is a measurement for volume. 2cbm = 2000 liters. As per constant flow formula (exit bag) 2000L / 15 Liter (per Minute) = 133 minutes
Where 400 liter should suffice per pph.

Is the tank really that large ?
Tank didn't arrive at my home yet still waiting

I found a supplier who has 99.999% pure nitrogen and supplier said tank will weight around 20 kgs in total, I am going for 2 cbm just to make sure

I just want to confirm 150 bar cylinder pressure okay or not?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Tank didn't arrive at my home yet still waiting

I found a supplier who has 99.999% pure nitrogen and supplier said tank will weight around 20 kgs in total, I am going for 2 cbm just to make sure

I just want to confirm 150 bar cylinder pressure okay or not?
Don't worry about it. The pressure is only relevant to the size of the cylinder. and what your regulator is capable to handle
The cylinders in Europe with the same equivalent of volume are 10 liters at 200bar, 10 x 200 = 2000 liters, have a height 840 mm and a weight of 17 kg.

Since you have the equivalent volume of gas at a lower pressure your cylinder must be larger / or bulkier and of course it's heavier.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Anything over 5L 200bar / 40ft³ is impractical if you are gonna CTB outside your house, too big and too heavy.

If you are gonna CTB at home then size is a bit irrelevant as long as the supplier is willing to ship it, unless the cylinder is so tall that the hose comes short (this happened to @Bengal who used a giant 8608 L tank and he had to connect an extension to the hose).​

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Anything over 5L 200bar / 40ft³ is impractical if you are gonna CTB outside your house, too big and too heavy.

If you are gonna CTB at home then size is a bit irrelevant as long as the supplier is willing to ship it, unless the cylinder is so tall that the hose comes short (this happened to @Bengal who used a giant 8608 L tank and he had to connect an extension to the hose).​
The cylinder cabinet is quite sexy though.

@Vizzy If it should come short, which I don't think, you can also get some extension belts and strap yourself and tank while lying in the bed.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
The cylinder cabinet is quite sexy though.

@Vizzy If it should come short, which I don't think, you can also get some extension belts and strap yourself and tank while lying in the bed.
I am gonna do it in the recliner chair

Yes I will purchase belts and straps

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Why inert gas method got only 7/10 for peacefulness, if it is really peaceful it should be 10/10 right? IMG 0155

Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
I guess it's not the method in itself, but the fact that you have to do so much before actually ctb.
You're putting a mask, putting yourself on the chair, opening the valve of the gaz tank....so many steps that can break willpower...
For me, peacefulness is not just the pain, it's the whole act.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
I guess it's not the method in itself, but the fact that you have to do so much before actually ctb.
You're putting a mask, putting yourself on the chair, opening the valve of the gaz tank....so many steps that can break willpower...
For me, peacefulness is not just the pain, it's the whole act.
but Sodium nitrite got the same peacefulness and carbon monoxide got 8/10 for peacefulness more than inert gas method

S

simplymiserable

Hi
May 21, 2023
I heard that postmortem chromatography tests can detect n2. How true is this?

Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Why inert gas method got only 7/10 for peacefulness, if it is really peaceful it should be 10/10 right?
From everything that I've read here it should be at least 9/10 or even 10/10. Especially using SCBA. I guess the rating is this low because the Exit bag is a bit more uncomfortable and it takes longer to reach unconsciousness compared to SCBA

Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
IDK. I mean, you have a lot of thing to prepare and buy. Make sure it works. Then you put the mask on yourself, strapped so tight that no air can go through. Then you put the regulator in, open the tank.
And between the first step and the last, there is some time involved.
It's peaceful physically, but it's a real torture mentally, if we compare to, say, SN.
A method go from the first step to the last, it's not only its execution, and even then, IG is quite a daring manoeuver.
Just my 2C.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
IDK. I mean, you have a lot of thing to prepare and buy. Make sure it works. Then you put the mask on yourself, strapped so tight that no air can go through. Then you put the regulator in, open the tank.
And between the first step and the last, there is some time involved.
It's peaceful physically, but it's a real torture mentally, if we compare to, say, SN.
A method go from the first step to the last, it's not only its execution, and even then, IG is quite a daring manoeuver.
Just my 2C.
Its pretty simple--You just flip on the gas, take some deep breaths while the EEBD hood is filled with Nitrogen, then just put the Hood on--Game over

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Why inert gas method got only 7/10 for peacefulness
Coz "bag in your head", that table only measures the ExitBag. And 8/10 reliability coz with the bag you have to create a sufficient gap in the neck for CO₂ purging + hyperventilate for 1~2 minutes before starting (to reduce plasmatic CO₂ concentration) + fully empty your lungs before inserting your head into the bag (so the first exhalation doesn't fill the bag with CO₂).​

but Sodium nitrite got the same peacefulness
We have evidence of people swearing and gasping for air after taking SN, taking 40+ mins to kill, so looks like it isn't that peaceful in all cases. 😆

you have a lot of thing to prepare and buy. Make sure it works.
That's what happens when you succeed to CTB, you prepared a lot. :)​

Then you put the mask on yourself, strapped so tight that no air can go through.
With SCBA the "strapping strength" is not what creates a perfect seal, is the positive pressure inside the mask.

It's peaceful physically, but it's a real torture mentally
That's just SI.

if we compare to, say, SN.
It's much worse with SN, because the "torture" happens AFTER taking it (you have to wait for minutes for it to take effect). In fact there are medical reports of people calling the ambulance AFTER taking it (this has happened with both SN and N, resulting in surviving with permanent damage in several cases), that can't never happen with Inert Gas.​

Last edited:
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Look at this cutie:
33112 Nitrogen Regulator

It costs $69 lol.
Imagine you connect a flow meter to this, the next big thing for affordable CTB setups. 😆

Another compact one:
View attachment 112559
View attachment 112560
First image is broken, not visible