• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I have fixed it.
I did copy&paste from a PM, I guess that's why it wasn't working.

Reactions: Vizzy
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
. I guess the rating is this low because the Exit bag is a bit more uncomfortable and it takes longer to reach unconsciousness compared to SCBA
I dare to state otherwise 😁

Scba of course is the technical superior solution but In my tests they both worked fast. Not like you sit there thinking: when is it gonna start

Last edited:
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Scba of course is the technical superior solution but In my tests they both worked fast. Not like you sit there thinking: when is it gonna start
Did Scba feel more comfortable compared to the Exit bag? Maybe the time is too short to really notice. After all, the bag has been used countless times and works if you do it right.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Did Scba feel more comfortable compared to the Exit bag? Maybe the time is too short to really notice. After all, the bag has been used countless times and works if you do it right.
Very hard to describe. The mask itself takes it to a complete different level. For me it made ctb much more real then the bag because your isolated from the environment.

Reactions: Glandular and Vizzy
ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
@GasMonkey Does the size of the scba mask matter?
small/medium/large
Do you have small or medium?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Are you talking about the mask on my setup? coz that's the only SCBA mask I have seen with sizes. It has 3 sizes for the frame (S, M, L) and 3 sizes for the inner mask (1, 2, 3). Mine is M2 (the usual that they sell). I have the typical narrow long incel face and it fits me well (once tightened the negative pressure test is satisfactory).​

Last edited:
Reactions: ztem
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
30 CFH
The 30 CFH option of the selector looks perfect, that's equivalent to 14,15 LPM (which will be higher with Nitrogen since it is calibrated for Argon).

This regulator is the next big thing for ExitBag or Hood setups for CGA-580 regions.​

Last edited:
A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
View attachment 112641
The 30 CFH option of the selector looks perfect, that's equivalent to 14,15 LPM (which will be higher with Nitrogen since it is calibrated for Argon).

This regulator is the next big thing for ExitBag or Hood setups for CGA-580 regions.​
I have no idea where or how you find these things but thank you for all your contributions

Reactions: Das Nichts
ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
Are you talking about the mask on my setup? coz that's the only SCBA mask I have seen with sizes. It has 3 sizes for the frame (S, M, L) and 3 sizes for the inner mask (1, 2, 3). Mine is M2 (the usual that they sell). I have the typical narrow long incel face and it fits me well (once tightened the negative pressure test is satisfactory).​
20230528 085720

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
I don't wanna put my head in the eebd hood to check whether it works or not

I am planning to buy this, thoughts? IMG 0159 IMG 0160

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
@Vizzy This will probably work, although you probably need to fill a bag an put the meter inside.
Seal it on the top, put a sleek in the side but make sure you have no air inside the bag.

I have the one CY-12C (from the pph) and it has the advantage that you can connect the tubing directly.

Reactions: Vizzy
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
@Vizzy This will probably work, although you probably need to fill a bag an put the meter inside.
Seal it on the top, put a sleek in the side but make sure you have no air inside the bag.

I have the one CY-12C (from the pph) and it has the advantage that you can connect the tubing directly.
I gonna buy a mannequin put the eebd hood over its head and put the device inside to see the readings how much oxygen drops from the eebd hood, if it goes to 1% eebd hood is good for ctb, what you think ?
Much better to get one where you can directly connect the input instead of measuring the ambient.​
I want to measure how much oxygen level drops inside the eebd hood not to check the purity of the nitrogen then this device will work right ?

I can buy the tubing oxygen detector too but I don't wanna check my nitrogen purity because I know it is genuine, I just want to check the oxygen level drop inside the eebd hood

Last edited:
ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
@GasMonkey I wanted to post a picture here four hours ago but still says This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.Can you see that pic?

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
@GasMonkey I wanted to post a picture here four hours ago but still says This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.Can you see that pic?
Because you are a new member as per the number of your posts, after some text posts you will be able to post pictures

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
@GasMonkey
About full kits,Which one do you recommend?
Dräger PSS 7000
Dräger PSS 5000
Dräger PSS 4000
Dräger PSS 3000
Dräger PAS Lite
Dräger PAS Colt
Dräger PAS Micro
Dräger PSS AirBoss
If they all work for our purpose,which one do you like more or feel better about it?
In the pic:so you have something like the first one?
Why is the last one more expensive?
Are silicone masks much better?
As always thank you for being here and helping everyone
S for bad english

Attachments

• 171150_20230528_085720 (1).png
    171150_20230528_085720 (1).png
    128.4 KB · Views: 0
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
@GasMonkey
Dräger PSS 7000
Dräger PSS 5000
Dräger PSS 4000
Dräger PSS 3000
Dräger PAS Lite
Dräger PAS Colt
Dräger PAS Micro
Dräger PSS AirBoss
If they all work for our purpose,which one do you like more or feel better about it?
Why is the last one more expensive?
Are silicone masks much better?
As always thank you for being here and helping everyone
S for bad english
Can't Go wrong with a pas lite because the Ldv is included. Although you could check out colt and micro.

If you have an EPDM allergy you need a silicone mask. The other differences are just in size.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Dräger PSS 7000
Dräger PSS 5000
Dräger PSS 4000
Dräger PSS 3000
Dräger PAS Lite
Dräger PAS Colt
Dräger PAS Micro
Dräger PSS AirBoss
PAS Lite (reg+LDV) + FPS 7000 (mask).
Btw it's against the forum rules to specify exact brands and models. :pfff:

you could check out colt and micro.
Looks like the hose is too short in those models.

Yep, the first one is my model.

Last edited:
Reactions: ztem and Das Nichts
ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
PAS Lite (reg+LDV) + FPS 7000 (mask).
Btw it's against the forum rules to specify exact brands and models. :pfff:

Looks like the hose is too short in those models.

Yep, the first one is my model.
So PAS Lite (reg+LDV) + FPS 7000 and ready to go?plug and play?😁
No need for extra stuff like you said before?
like air to nitrogen adaptor...?
For SCBA you have 3 options:
1. If an air-to-nitrogen adapter exists for the standard N₂ connection of your region, use an SCBA (regulator+demand valve+mask) connected to a N₂ cylinder using the adapter.
2. If such adapter doesn't exists for the standard of your region, connect the demand valve to a N₂ pressure regulator using a quick coupler. You will need to search for the adequate quick coupler for your regulator. The pressure output on the regulator must be set to the recommended by the manufacturer of the demand valve (can be seen in the tech specs) which usually is 7.25~7.50 bar.
3. Or buy the entire kit for your region already done and ready to use from the Canadian source

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
Yeah you need the air-to-nitrogen adapter.
This one:1.If an air-to-nitrogen adapter exists for the standard N₂ connection of your region, use an SCBA (regulator+demand valve+mask) connected to a N₂ cylinder using the adapter.

is better than

this one:2.If such adapter doesn't exists for the standard of your region, connect the demand valve to a N₂ pressure regulator using a quick coupler. You will need to search for the adequate quick coupler for your regulator. The pressure output on the regulator must be set to the recommended by the manufacturer of the demand valve (can be seen in the tech specs) which usually is 7.25~7.50 bar

right?
The first priority is to find an adapter first(air to n2)
If that adapter is not available in the region, then we go to the second solution
or it makes no difference at all

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
1 is better than 2.
I talked to a guy that had problems trying to implement 2, the reg didn't react properly in the 0 demand phases (exhalation).

Where are you from?

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
1 is better than 2.
I talked to a guy that had problems trying to implement 2, the reg didn't react properly in the 0 demand phases (exhalation).

Where are you from?
What happened to our friend? How did he solve his problem?

Both DIN (germany standard) and BS( british standard) are the most used

BS No 3
5/8" BSP RH Internal, 14 T.P.I.
Internal angled sealing face, thread I.D, 21.0mm
Gases: oxygen, helium, air, argon, nitrogen, neon, krypton, xenon

DIN
No.10
24.32 RH External, 14 T.P.I.
Flat end sealing face, thread O.D. 24.3mm
gases:nitrogen

No. 13
Flat inner sealing face, thread I.D. 21.0mm
gases:air

CGA is rare Unless these valves are installed in cylinders related to imported gas mixtures.

Unlike all I wanna buy SCBA stuff first,my last step is to buy nitrogen cylinder

A

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
Hey i was wondering since like almost all people use Nitrogen, is there any issue with Argon? It seems I can find some easier than nitrogen, which is often mixed (like nitrogen+hydrogen) or maybe it doesn't matter if there is hydrogen?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Hey i was wondering since like almost all people use Nitrogen, is there any issue with Argon? It seems I can find some easier than nitrogen, which is often mixed (like nitrogen+hydrogen) or maybe it doesn't matter if there is hydrogen?
Argon is the heaviest of the three inert gases so some people suggest its not optimal for exit bag inflation. You also need a higher flow rate.

Earth atmosphere is 21% oxygen and the rest is nitrogen. So it comes natural to our cause.

There should be no problem with argon and scba though.

Hydrogen is flammable, do avoid .
It's solvable by using a regulator for scba setups. @GasMonkey posted pictures a couple of pages before.

This regulator is only slightly cheaper them your combo. The only advantage is that it's more compact.

Unlike all I wanna buy SCBA stuff first,my last step is to buy nitrogen cylin
Doesn't matter with what you start. You need to know the connection type of the cylinders that you can buy and afterwards find a viable adapter.

If none is available the go-to choice is eebd.

Last edited:
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023

BS No 3
Internal angled sealing face, thread I.D, 21.0mm
Gases: oxygen, helium, air, argon, nitrogen, neon, krypton, xenon

DIN
No.10
24.32 RH External, 14 T.P.I.
Flat end sealing face, thread O.D. 24.3mm
gases:nitrogen

No. 13
Flat inner sealing face, thread I.D. 21.0mm
gases:air

CGA is rare Unless these valves are installed in cylinders related to imported gas mixtures.

Unlike all I wanna buy SCBA stuff first,my last step is to buy nitrogen cylinder
I would say buy the nitrogen first, then find a scba kit with the right attachments to attach to your cylinder, if you can't find the attachments drop the plan of buying scba kit and move on to eebd hood or exit bag

Scba kit is expensive so if you buy the kit and can't find the attachments that's would be a waste

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Get a DIN477 #10 cylinder then, the air-to-nitrogen adapter for that connection is simpler and easier to tighten.​

since like almost all people use Nitrogen, is there any issue with Argon?
From an ExitBag perspective Nitrogen is better because is lighter (more weight difference with CO₂ so better CO₂ purging). Argon is much heavier. The EXIT International tests the determine the optimal flow rate of 15 LPM where done with Air (obvious choice coz otherwise they would kill the subject 😆) which has almost the same weight as Nitrogen in gaseous state (Dinitrogen). Some members have reported CO₂ purging problems with Argon, which could be solved by increasing the flow rate (but that will make the setup noisier).

From a SCBA/SCUBA perspective is also better because those regulators and demand valves are made for Air. There was a SaSu member who CTB'd with an Argon SCBA tho.​

It seems I can find some easier than nitrogen
Yeah Argon is easier to find coz it is very common in welding.

maybe it doesn't matter if there is hydrogen?
Avoid Hydrogen, it's very flammable.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: limeoctave and ztem
S

shadowfinal311

May 17, 2023
I purchased a 125cf nitrogen tank, regulator, flowmeter, and the 3M Versaflo hood + 3M breathing tube.

According to PPeH, the hood should be able to connect to the cylinder via 3M breathing tube, but I feel I'm missing an adapter to achieve this, that wasn't specified in PPeH. Can anyone help me figure this out?