C

chester

Aug 1, 2024
Thanks for the respons! Okay so even when my flow regulator says full at 2000 psi, that's no problem that it's 2500 psi?
Btw it is a little bit over 2500. But is it not weird that on the cilinder it says 150 bar?
Question 1 - I don't know.
Question 2 - I agree, it's weird.

This Nitrogen bottle is linked in the PPH

Is it good for the exit bag method? Some posts here say that there isn't enough gas..
This cylinder contains 400l of nitrogen. 400l at 15lpm gives about 26min. According to PPH (if you trust them) death should occur within 5-10min, 2 minutes for the bag inflation, leaves you 14 minute margin. I'm just stating the facts, I'll leave the conclusions to you.

E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
I wasn't uncomfortable at all in my tests, but I use an EEBD Hood--Did you track your oxygen level with the oximeter? After I took off my Hood, it dropped all the way to 40
in your tests?
how can you run a test with a method that's supposed to be more or less instant unconsciousness
and fatal?
Did a final test run a few hours ago. I finally got an oximeter. Maybe I've done something differently, because there was no discomfort this time. Or maybe I didn't carry on long enough, I let my Sp02 drop to only around 60, which happened way quicker than I expected. Funny how it went right back up to 98 after just two normal breaths. I wasn't as lightheaded as previously, so I definitely didn't wait as long. No blood this time, but I have a dry cough, like something was itchy in my throat.
wait, how exactly did you run a test? the bag method is supposed to knock you out very quickly.

Last edited:
C

chester

Aug 1, 2024
wait, how exactly did you run a test? the bag method is supposed to knock you out very quickly.
I was quicker. According to Dignitas it can take up to 50 seconds to pass out in Nitrogen environment. I also didn't take deep breaths. Just wanted to see how quickly my saturation drops. And it did drop by at least 5% per second once I started breathing, it was kind of shocking how quick this was. I doubt I would last the 50 seconds, if I started breathing deeply from the start I think I might be out in 15.

So about being knocked out very quickly, you're right. But it's either not as quick as advertised, or maybe it's my fault, or both. With the amount of nitrogen I don't plan any more testing.

Reactions: cryptic mantis and outrider567
E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
I was quicker. According to Dignitas it can take up to 50 seconds to pass out in Nitrogen environment. I also didn't take deep breaths. Just wanted to see how quickly my saturation drops. And it did drop by at least 5% per second once I started breathing, it was kind of shocking how quick this was. I doubt I would last the 50 seconds, if I started breathing deeply from the start I think I might be out in 15.

So about being knocked out very quickly, you're right. But it's either not as quick as advertised, or maybe it's my fault, or both. With the amount of nitrogen I don't plan any more testing.
thank you for sharing that. and did you find out what exactly caused the burning sensation

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
in your tests?
how can you run a test with a method that's supposed to be more or less instant unconsciousness
and fatal?

Its not instant, the Nitrogen takes some time to overwhelm the Oxygen in your body, less than a minute--As you watch your O2 level go down dramatically, I would take the Bag/Hood off when the oximeter says 70 or so, the delayed reaction in your fingertips belies the real number, which is actually 30 points lower, and at 25, you pass out, and you're finished
Did a final test run a few hours ago. I finally got an oximeter. Maybe I've done something differently, because there was no discomfort this time. Or maybe I didn't carry on long enough, I let my Sp02 drop to only around 60, which happened way quicker than I expected. Funny how it went right back up to 98 after just two normal breaths. I wasn't as lightheaded as previously, so I definitely didn't wait as long. No blood this time, but I have a dry cough, like something was itchy in my throat.
Yes, no need for another test, glad you had no discomfort--You let your Oxygen get down to 60, and then took the bag off? That's dangerous since Oximeters on fingers have a delayed O2 level reading

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptic mantis
S

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
Hi guys,

I am trying to find the accessories for my exit bag itself and I was wondering if you guys think this toggle will fit this elastic

I would use a smaller elastic but OP recommended using 3/8

P

painofzed

Dec 15, 2021
Does anyone know how to acquire N2 for this method?

Reactions: WholeHereafter
C

chester

Aug 1, 2024
Good luck . Care to share your bag and rig before you exit ?
I've got an 8l cylinder, originally 200bar, now down to around 150bar, still should be plenty. An Argon flow regulator connected to a pvc tube and secured with a screw-tightened clamp on the tube. The other end of the tube is duct-taped to the inside of the bag. The bag itself is made from a large oven bag, with an elastic cord held by a cord lock. Nothing fancy, hopefully good enough.

Reactions: outrider567
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Hi guys,

I am trying to find the accessories for my exit bag itself and I was wondering if you guys think this toggle will fit this elastic

I would use a smaller elastic but OP recommended using 3/8
I don't think it matters. If you look at the 'Doing it with Betty' (or 'Doing it with Chi') video you'll see the elastic cord that she's using is smaller.

Y

youareforgiven

Aug 10, 2022
Hi!

Question 1 - I don't know.
Question 2 - I agree, it's weird.

This cylinder contains 400l of nitrogen. 400l at 15lpm gives about 26min. According to PPH (if you trust them) death should occur within 5-10min, 2 minutes for the bag inflation, leaves you 14 minute margin. I'm just stating the facts, I'll leave the conclusions to you.
hmm I did some research myself and it does not seem to be a problem. 200 bar = 3000 psi and my regulator can max handle 200 bar.

Got my EEBD hood and regulator and nitrogen. Tested the regulator for leaks and no leaks. I am going to test the purity of the N one of these days so hope that it is good.

The supplier said that 15 LPM should do the work if hood is prefilled. Should take half a minute to prefill it at 15LPM.
See a lot of comments that people do 25LPM with the EEBD hood. Any evidence that 25LPM is better? One worry I have with putting it on a higher LPM (like 25) is that hood comes off after couple of minutes.

Does also anybody know how you can test if your regulator is indeed a nitrogen and not a argon one? Got mine from the company who's owner is now is prison, so too speak.

K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
Hi!

hmm I did some research myself and it does not seem to be a problem. 200 bar = 3000 psi and my regulator can max handle 200 bar.

Got my EEBD hood and regulator and nitrogen. Tested the regulator for leaks and no leaks. I am going to test the purity of the N one of these days so hope that it is good.

The supplier said that 15 LPM should do the work if hood is prefilled. Should take half a minute to prefill it at 15LPM.
See a lot of comments that people do 25LPM with the EEBD hood. Any evidence that 25LPM is better? One worry I have with putting it on a higher LPM (like 25) is that hood comes off after couple of minutes.

Does also anybody know how you can test if your regulator is indeed a nitrogen and not a argon one? Got mine from the company who's owner is now is prison, so too speak.
When an exit bag or hood fills up, the gas will fill until the positive pressure inside is great enough to purge the gas through the bottom. In my opinion ( definitely open to being corrected ), the force of pressure isn't necessarily any drastically different at the higher lpm . So it's not like 25-30-40 lpm will have more force to blow of the hood or anything , you'll just fill up quicker and reach that necessary bottom purging force alot quicker just get faster purging of gas .
Hope that makes sense .

On my tests at 15 lpm and 30 lpm , the bag fills up like a ballon pretty much the same, just at higher lpm it purges way more air out the bottom, quicker, and fills up quicker .

The advantages for this in my opinion , is that higher lpm purges cO2 quicker , making air hunger possibilities and hippocampus alarm less likely . The disadvantages are obvious, if you are limited supply on gas . This is why they generally say 15 lpm is sufficient , especially when alot of people exiting are older and weaker and can't lift 60-100 cf tanks .

So final exit recommends 15 lpm with a 20 cf tank which is pretty small ( about 20-27 minutes of flow at that lpm )

For people like me that are having trouble getting this over with and have SI issues , I sm a candidate for higher flow and fancier rigs .

15 lpm is totally fine , I currently am in the school of thought that higher can only be better , with no disadvantage other then more gas loss

Reactions: youareforgiven, cryptic mantis and exitingtothevoid
Y

youareforgiven

Aug 10, 2022
When an exit bag or hood fills up, the gas will fill until the positive pressure inside is great enough to purge the gas through the bottom. In my opinion ( definitely open to being corrected ), the force of pressure isn't necessarily any drastically different at the higher lpm . So it's not like 25-30-40 lpm will have more force to blow of the hood or anything , you'll just fill up quicker and reach that necessary bottom purging force alot quicker just get faster purging of gas .
Hope that makes sense .

On my tests at 15 lpm and 30 lpm , the bag fills up like a ballon pretty much the same, just at higher lpm it purges way more air out the bottom, quicker, and fills up quicker .

The advantages for this in my opinion , is that higher lpm purges cO2 quicker , making air hunger possibilities and hippocampus alarm less likely . The disadvantages are obvious, if you are limited supply on gas . This is why they generally say 15 lpm is sufficient , especially when alot of people exiting are older and weaker and can't lift 60-100 cf tanks .

So final exit recommends 15 lpm with a 20 cf tank which is pretty small ( about 20-27 minutes of flow at that lpm )

For people like me that are having trouble getting this over with and have SI issues , I sm a candidate for higher flow and fancier rigs .

15 lpm is totally fine , I currently am in the school of thought that higher can only be better , with no disadvantage other then more gas loss
Thanks! Does anybody know btw what the exact science is behind this being a peacefull death? Brainscans during this process or measurement of fear or something?

If the only evidence is that we loose consciousness before physical death then i hate to say it but this is a belief, not a fact. Consciousness has never been found in the brain. It could very well be that we are a brain in consciousness. I use this analogy:

Consciousness is everywhere and we are whirlpools / localizations in that consciousness. Our brain is what the localizing process looks like from the outside, but there is no actual consciousness IN the brain. We are like fish in the water that does not directly know they are in water. Brains are in consciousness but don't directly know they are in consciousness.

That would mean at best that we loose the egoic loop of consciousness during passing out and that the more the brain dies the more conscious we actually become. It think this is backed up by science that if certain drugs are used it actually DECREASES brain activity instead of increase while reporting very alive experiences. Is that not weird that when we have very alive experiences the brainscan shows almost no activity?
This sounds horrible for this "peacefully" method, but I don't think it's horrible. People who had NDE's report a feeling of coming home / deep peace / love. So whenever the brain is dying (delocalizing) it is going towards this place. So I don't think there is any reason to suggest that going towards home/deep peace/ love is going to be painful. What I do think is that it is going to be absolutely shocking that you still exist, but in another form.

I am not saying this is true, I am just proposing another view of consciousness and I think it's fair to you that you are aware of this theory proposed by philosophers.

Last edited:
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Hi!

PPH is clear on this:

Exit bag = 15 l/min.
EEBD Hood = 25 l/min.

There's a simple reason for this. If you're using the bag, then it's already filled with gas when you put it on and take your first breath.

Not so in case of an EEBD. These are not already filled with gas when you put them on. You need to hold your breath until the device is filled with gas before you take your first breath. By increasing l/min. you don't have to hold your breath that long.

Reactions: outrider567, youareforgiven and exitingtothevoid
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Hi!

I would suggest 25 LPM instead of 15 LPM
Hi!

Prison? if you're talking about Kenneth Law, then you have nothing to worry about, as all his products are reliable and top notch

Reactions: youareforgiven
I

indocanda

Indian Canadian
Jul 24, 2023
In the US, aiming for a nitrogen tank, will this regulator work if it says Oxygen and has a click flowmeter that only goes to 15? The Chinese company's listing had said Nitrogen, 0-25L. Then they sent this one instead. 😕View attachment 116565
My supplier is showing me same one for nitrogen with 0-25lpm setting.
Is this right regulator?

Y

youareforgiven

Aug 10, 2022
I would suggest 25 LPM instead of 15 LPM

Prison? if you're talking about Kenneth Law, then you have nothing to worry about, as all his products are reliable and top notch
Okay yeah got around 1700 liters so I have enough to go for 25LPM so I am going for that.

Tested the nitrogen with the O2 meter and it gave 99,5% purity so I quess that is good (is it?)

The only little worry I have is that my EEBD hood does not really inflate when I put the nitrogen on. I tested it for leaks with soapy water and felt if there is any nitrogen coming from somewhere else other than the entrance where you put head in but it does not. Supplier said it should inflate after 30 seconds at 15LPM. Anyone has the same experience?

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Okay yeah got around 1700 liters so I have enough to go for 25LPM so I am going for that.

Tested the nitrogen with the O2 meter and it gave 99,5% purity so I quess that is good (is it?)

The only little worry I have is that my EEBD hood does not really inflate when I put the nitrogen on. I tested it for leaks with soapy water and felt if there is any nitrogen coming from somewhere else other than the entrance where you put head in but it does not. Supplier said it should inflate after 30 seconds at 15LPM. Anyone has the same experience?
Yes, it doesn't really inflate totally--I also have about 1700 liters--99.5% Nitrogen purity is fine, anything 99.0% is ok as per Greenberg

Y

youareforgiven

Aug 10, 2022
Yes, it doesn't really inflate totally--I also have about 1700 liters--99.5% Nitrogen purity is fine, anything 99.0% is ok as per Greenberg
Nice! Maybe same supplier then. Did you have a "test" run yourself? I did. Had a oximeter so I could manage it a little bit. I let it came down to 48~60. I felt my heart racing a bit and my vision started to blur and saw a little bit red an green spots/lights. Then pulled off, no pain or discomfort other then heart racing.

EternalSkies

EternalSkies

Mar 19, 2024
Nice! Maybe same supplier then. Did you have a "test" run yourself? I did. Had a oximeter so I could manage it a little bit. I let it came down to 48~60. I felt my heart racing a bit and my vision started to blur and saw a little bit red an green spots/lights. Then pulled off, no pain or discomfort other then heart racing.
That's interesting another use mentioend seeing green/red lights when testing it too. They also mentioned hearing some strange music

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
You pulled off just in time--Das Nichts, he also saw red/green lights before he passed out--heart racing always happens, I did 6 tests, heart jumps because it wants more oxygen--you had no pain, no discomfort, just like me

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023

The O2 meter shows the % purity of the nitrogen? How does that work? Doesn't sound right.

K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
The O2 meter shows the % purity of the nitrogen? How does that work? Doesn't sound right.
I'm sure they mean that it showed .5% of oxygen and Theyr just deducing that it's showing 99.5% nitrogen

• Informative
Reactions: Tommen Baratheon
I

indocanda

Indian Canadian
Jul 24, 2023
You pulled off just in time--Das Nichts, he also saw red/green lights before he passed out--heart racing always happens, I did 6 tests, heart jumps because it wants more oxygen--you had no pain, no discomfort, just like me
Which regulator you are using?

Bearer8

Bearer8

May 4, 2024
Which is the best gas for CTB I'm new to this group so please be kind with me.

K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
Which is the best gas for CTB I'm new to this group so please be kind with me.
Helium nitrogen argon . All work, helium and nitorgen are better because they're lighter. Nitrogen easier to obtain 99.9% purity. I've seen a lot of people with issues with helium because of purity .

Reactions: Bearer8
Bearer8

Bearer8

May 4, 2024
Helium nitrogen argon . All work, helium and nitorgen are better because they're lighter. Nitrogen easier to obtain 99.9% purity. I've seen a lot of people with issues with helium because of purity .

I read somewhere that helium is the best gas for this purpose.