• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
In order to reduce time and trials, I thought about inserting a tube into the bag, which I'd use to exhale after I pull the bag down to my neck. The tube leads to the outside of the bag. This way one could get rid of the CO2 in my exhaling breath faster. Do you think it's a good idea?

Reactions: Righttodie
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Do you think it's a good idea?
How would you inhale NOT through the tube, but then exhale through the tube?
And would this method continue work after you pass out?
Sounds risky.

Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
Reactions: Onthe29th, color_me_gone, TiredHorse and 2 others
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Thanks for your answers.

SORRY IF ITS A REPOST:

Time of unconsciousness between 36 - 55 seconds in a few documented cases. Setting a timer to 60 seconds and then canceling might be hard on the edge. So maybe 90 seconds are better. Also, the article claims that "it might not be painless" because they had a case who vomitted (ugh). So fasting and maybe METO would be necessary.

Reactions: Red Desert, Anzhe, Dawn0071111 and 3 others
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
What wildly variable times to unconsciousness! Wow. 5-55 seconds. I wish I'd been one of those in the 5-10 seconds range. I was definitely on the long end of the time scale.

This however:

"Very few of those who had probably consulted [Final Exit] had a history of terminal disease or evidence of this at autopsy, and at least one third of all suicide cases where Final Exit probably was consulted had a psychiatric history that included a previous suicide attempt, hospitalization or treatment. This further corroborates the apprehension that the promotion of this method by "right-to-die"-societies impinges deeply troubled or mentally ill persons, who may otherwise have benefited from therapy..."

Written by the same person who believes contraception causes sex, and that really teenagers just need corn flakes and a cold shower.

Thank you for that link, @NextSummer.

Reactions: Red Desert, Onthe29th, Bauhaus and 9 others
Hush Sweet Charlotte

Hush Sweet Charlotte

Dec 25, 2018
I think the 36 - 55 seconds to unconsciousness was using a face mask and 10 - 12 seconds was for two people using a bag, and it was the latter group where someone had gastric content in the airways. But then they conclude this and the eyelid petechiae mean the technique is not without pain and air hunger, and there's no evidence given for coming to that conclusion. One had taken psychoactive drugs so maybe that caused the vomiting.

Reactions: Righttodie, color_me_gone and Jen Erik
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I think the 36 - 55 seconds to unconsciousness was using a face mask and 10 - 12 seconds was for two people using a bag, and it was the latter group where someone had gastric content in the airways. But then they conclude this and the eyelid petechiae mean the technique is not without pain and air hunger, and there's no evidence given for coming to that conclusion. One had taken psychoactive drugs so maybe that caused the vomiting.
Interesting. I'm not sure why two people would have faster times to unconsciousness than a single person, since it isn't about exhausting an air supply --there's no air to begin with. I need to go read it more closely.

As for the petechiae, I can tell you that when I have been sobbing uncontrollably, as was the case when I was attempting to CTB, I have petechial bleeding all around my eyes and eyelids. It doesn't hurt, in specific (it gets lost in the general physical discomfort of despair); I only notice it later when I happen to glance in the mirror. But I would put forward the possibility that, under circumstances that led to him CTB, the person with petechiae may have been exhibiting such emotional tension.

Again, I need to go read it more closely.

Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
What does everyone think about using two oven bags instead of just one? I was thinking of layering them like this in case the bag somehow gets punctured while I'm unconscious. For example, in the unlikely event that I fell over and snagged it on the corner of some furniture, then hopefully the inner layer would remain intact. Would there be any disadvantages to this?

Reactions: Jen Erik and color_me_gone
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
My impression of the oven bags is that they're remarkably durable. I have no fears about mine tearing, only about it being pushed back up off my head.

That said, I don't see any huge disadvantage to using two. It isn't like wearing two condoms, that they damage each other...

Reactions: grahf, Red Desert, Anzhe and 6 others
Hush Sweet Charlotte

Hush Sweet Charlotte

Dec 25, 2018
Interesting. I'm not sure why two people would have faster times to unconsciousness than a single person, since it isn't about exhausting an air supply --there's no air to begin with. I need to go read it more closely.

As for the petechiae, I can tell you that when I have been sobbing uncontrollably, as was the case when I was attempting to CTB, I have petechial bleeding all around my eyes and eyelids. It doesn't hurt, in specific (it gets lost in the general physical discomfort of despair); I only notice it later when I happen to glance in the mirror. But I would put forward the possibility that, under circumstances that led to him CTB, the person with petechiae may have been exhibiting such emotional tension.

Again, I need to go read it more closely.
How awful to be in that state. Sorry.

In Five Last Acts it says, 'Small, pinpoint red marks known as petechiae are common after any type of death from asphyxia, including death from breathing helium or nitrogen' on page 201. So definitely not evidence of pain or air hunger!

Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie and color_me_gone
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
First off, yes, 40cf is 1132.67 liters. And yes, 1100L is quite a bit. Technically that's almost twice what you need to CTB(40 min @ 15LPM = 600L), but that's why I got it: I've got extra for things like flubbed attempts (six so far, but only three used any measure of gas) and for tweaking the flow rate up a bit to compensate for the fact I have an argon/CO2 regulator (cheap) instead of a dedicated N2 regulator (expensive).

As for gas tank sizes, they are notoriously non-standardized. Different companies develop their own sizes so that they can keep track of which are "their" tanks, when deciding whether to refill them, exchange them, etc., which makes the entire affair a damned nuisance. The only good news is that the valve threads are standardized, so at least any generic inert gas regulator will fit any tank of inert gas.

All of which is to say that you'll need to call your gas supplier and say something like, "I've been told I need about 1200 liters of nitrogen for my beer making project, but I don't know what size tank that would be." That phrasing is verbal prestidigitation: you're offhandedly mentioning the use (beer), and that you're a novice ("I've been told"), which diverts the salesman from ever putting much of his own thought into questioning you closely about why you need a specific amount; he can then focus on educating you about tank size --and the question of suicide never even comes up.

6 flubbed attempts??

I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't invested too much confidence in this glorious site.

I estimate my ctb mid Sept, with several trial runs, but FFS SIX fails??? I'd set my mind and my life situation on zero. I'm not fcking around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honigwaffel and color_me_gone
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Six fails were entirely due to survival instinct. The method is sound; my resolve wasn't. Mock me if you like, but I'll be more impressed when you, who are not fucking around, catch the bus on your first attempt.

I may be giving it another go sometime soon here. Maybe it'll be seven fails, or maybe I'll get it right this time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: at_the_edge, Red Desert, ooglah and 7 others
JSRF

JSRF

Student
May 30, 2018
Hello!
I was wondering if there is a translating piece from CPAP to helium tank. Other guides I've seen so far recommend just taping/glueing the tube to the tank, but I feel that might be a bit too insecure. Any recommendations?

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

In this guide, the lady uses some sort of valve she said she made herself. Anyone know what it's name is?

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
a failed attempt
He leaves out important information:
  1. what was his flow rate
  2. was his flow meter designed for He
  3. how long in minutes he was passed out for each attempt before waking
Without that important information, it is pretty hard to deduce what went wrong,
other than it appears his hypercapnic alarm was triggered.
He says he did everything correctly, but without all pertinent information, I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
Hello!
I was wondering if there is a translating piece from CPAP to helium tank. Other guides I've seen so far recommend just taping/glueing the tube to the tank, but I feel that might be a bit too insecure. Any recommendations?

In this guide, the lady uses some sort of valve she said she made herself. Anyone know what it's name is?

That video is outdated. Most people are now using industrial nitrogen instead since the Balloon Time cylinders are no longer pure. They mix it with 20% oxygen. That is the case in the US anyway. If you live somewhere where they are still pure, you can read the Peaceful Pill Handbook to learn how to make the custom valve she uses.

Reactions: DeepMind and color_me_gone
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Six fails were entirely due to survival instinct. The method is sound; my resolve wasn't. Mock me if you like, but I'll be more impressed when you, who are not fucking around, catch the bus on your first attempt.

I may be giving it another go sometime soon here. Maybe it'll be seven fails, or maybe I'll get it right this time.

I wasn't mocking you. Not at all. Just taken aback. I started off with this thing thinking it's all pretty secure, just buy the bottle and Mad Dog and off we go. Then slowly I read about possible hiccups and try to work them into my plan. Then I read your multiple fails. It's obviously a bit disheartening to come across so many fails when I am hoping and working on zero fails. But your reasons for failing are noted, and hopefully won't affect me.

I appreciate there are no absolutely 100% guarantees, but....

Last edited:
Reactions: Righttodie
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
A report from a different forum about a failed attempt: https://suicideproject.org/2017/06/helium-hood-exit-bag-does-not-work/

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but it says they closed the valve immediately after pulling the hood down to their neck. No wonder it didn't work. Then for the second attempt, they "left the gas flowing slightly inside the bag", without mention of flow rates or even using a flow meter. Doesn't sound like they researched this method very well.

Reactions: ThisIsLife, Anzhe, Righttodie and 3 others
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
I wasn't mocking you. Not at all. Just taken aback. I started off with this thing thinking it's all pretty secure, just buy the bottle and Mad Dog and off we go. Then slowly I read about possible hiccups and try to work them into my plan. Then I read your multiple fails. It's obviously a bit disheartening to come across so many fails when I am hoping and working on zero fails. But your reasons for failing are noted, and hopefully won't affect me.

I appreciate there are no absolutely 100% guarantees, but....

I don't see how deciding not to kill yourself could be considered a failure. It would be more accurate to call it an aborted attempt. Failure suggests that the method itself is unreliable, which it is not. Overcoming SI requires immense determination and shouldn't be confused with the effectiveness of the method. I too hope to succeed on my first attempt, but lack of success does not necessarily indicate failure, at least the way I see it.

Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, Made4TV and 4 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
I don't see how deciding not to kill yourself could be considered a failure. It would be more accurate to call it an aborted attempt. Failure suggests that the method itself is unreliable, which it is not. Overcoming SI requires immense determination and shouldn't be confused with the effectiveness of the method. I too hope to succeed on my first attempt, but lack of success does not necessarily indicate failure, at least the way I see it.
That is SO true!
And the SI problem comes with EVERY method, even when it is as simple as pulling a trigger.

Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
N

nightslide

May 9, 2019
Hi guys,
I new to the site, but have been researching for quite a while now.
My original plan was the exhaust in the car window idea, but I really like the idea.
I'm trying to figure out though, most guys are telling me that tthey can sell a 75% Nitrogen /25% CO2 Mix, but I think the CO2 is the last thing I want, is that correct?

I have been able to find one place, but they only sell the tanks, not lease.
Trying to save money so I can leave some money for my better half.

All the help and support (and non-judgement) are really appreciated.

Also, I found this link, showing the Inert Gas being tried on a person (and pigs) on a BBC documentary.
It's really made me think this might be a good method. IGA section starts around the 36:30 minute mark, if I remember right?

How to kill a Human Being - BBC Horizon

• Informative
Reactions: thegoldengirls, Red Desert, MelodyCymbal and 3 others
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Hi guys,
My original plan was the exhaust in the car window idea, but I really like the idea.
I'm trying to figure out though, most guys are telling me that tthey can sell a 75% Nitrogen /25% CO2 Mix, but I think the CO2 is the last thing I want, is that correct?

Also, I found this link, showing the Inert Gas being tried on a person (and pigs) on a BBC documentary.
It's really made me think this might be a good method. IGA section starts around the 36:30 minute mark, if I remember right?

Death by car exhaust is nearly impossible nowadays, better forget that method. Yes, if you breath in CO2, you will get a panic response and it will be uncomfortable.

Reactions: Red Desert, Made4TV, Honigwaffel and 2 others
N

nightslide

May 9, 2019
Death by car exhaust is nearly impossible nowadays, better forget that method. Yes, if you breath in CO2, you will get a panic response and it will be uncomfortable.

Thank you, and yes, I abandoned the car idea after doing some research. This is now my preferred one, though I've recently heard about the night night method.

My idea is, take the such out for a drive, buckle in, have some headphones on, and recline slightly.
Will have depebds on to avoid a mess, and a garbage bag on the seat.
I thought if I buckled in, I can tuck my hands under the belt,hopefully that will help with the SI.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the likelihood of first time success would be? (May be a dumb question, sorry) .
I going to make my bag today, and will do some practicing with it, but would like to ctb soon..

Thank you again.

Reactions: color_me_gone
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Hi guys,

A very interesting video. Thanks.

Reactions: James28if, nightslide and color_me_gone
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
My thoughts...
Your lungs only use a small % of the oxygen you inhale.
The remainder is exhaled, along with CO2 purged from your blood.
Your body has oxygen stored in your blood.
The effectiveness of this technique is to purge the body of oxygen as quickly a possible.
The effectiveness of this technique is how well exhaled components are purged.
The reason industrial accidents with N2 are so effective, is the massive amount of pure N2.

Reactions: Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, James28if and 4 others
J

James28if

Apr 10, 2019
A very interesting video. Thanks.
N2...its natures gift if we're being chased by monsters either physically or mentally. this site is a gift for me personally. My practice rig is just about complete. i'll practice and when my cancer starts to spread and really affect me, i'll make my move. i hope all you all will be pulling for me. i don't know you folks but i feel you all are teammates. i hope i can conquer the SI when the time comes.

• Love
Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, Made4TV and 5 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Reactions: Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Hush Sweet Charlotte and 1 other person
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
At the request of @TiredHorse, I am recounting an old exit bag method. Note this did NOT work and I am no expert. I hope this is helpful and educational. Please also note this was close to a decade ago so I am relying on my memory.

I had taken many prescription pills - amitriptyline, luvox, Xanax, Ambien, anticonvulsants, possibly muscle relaxers and Benadryl. Very high doses, not just a few pills. I had close to 10 bottles altogether. No alcohol.

I had already prepared a thick garbage bag and duct tape. Placed the bag over my head and taped it around my neck twice, tightly. I began to pass out but that SI was so strong, my hands involuntarily started clawing at my neck as I started to choke. I ripped it off. Tried again but ended up just blacking out from the pills, woke up in the hospital. Also, I was screaming gibberish from the pills making me freak out and throwing things everywhere - which is how I was found.

Just my experience - that SI is tough to beat. Finding the exact moment right before you're unconscious would be hard because of the drowsiness and lack of coordination. I do recall reading years ago somewhere to poke a small hole in the bag so you'd slowly die out without the SI kicking in. Didn't work for me, unfortunately. I ended up in a coma from the pills, also.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to plan properly, carefully and to research thoroughly. And to have no way of being found or saved. I know it is so hard and many feel so desperate but it isn't worth the hospital visit and failure to not plan.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red Desert, nite_sprite, Righttodie and 3 others