• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Looks about right. To be fair, I did not my testing some months ago so I'll have to redo it and make some notes.

I'm considering to order the O2Box from forensics detectors, because this honestly makes me a little bit nervous. I tried yesterday even a third time and then it even didn't go below 1%.
@GasMonkey was suggesting that unit might move insensitive as opposed to the cy-12c but there is no evidence to back this up or contradict it.
I'm not knowledgeable enough about the topic and it's also not my biggest concern.
Somebody should probably invest the time and do propere reserach about resulation and all the stuff that matters with that.

Personal opinion: I prefer a device that measures a single property that I'm interested in with reasonable precision and not 3 additional different things.
I also don't use 7in1 shower gels 😂

Last edited:
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
The reviews look good. I'm not sure if you can connect the oxygen hose to it.
Nah. You need to put it in a bag and fill it with gas. Something I also do not prefer.

FWIW: I found a video where a guy used a much more precise device to validate
the CY-12C measurements.

Last edited:
T

theEndCH

almost gone.
Aug 29, 2023
Sorry for interrupting the CO method discussion.. but I want to share it in this thread as well.
I did some further research about suicide with CO2 and I think you can CTB with it.
At i'ts best, you should get unconscious before you can recognize the CO2 gas in a small room / in the car. Therefore, I will show you 3 different cases I could find about the aftermath of the gas CO2 .

I Case
A family of 4 got accidentally unconscious because of the leaking CO2 bottle for Aquariums inside their car.
The translation of the article in English
KRIENS: Family of four almost suffocated in the Sonnenberg tunnel After Saturday shopping, a family of four is driving on the A2 motorway when carbon dioxide suddenly fills the interior of the car. Thanks to an attentive motorist, they survived.​
The incident occurred at noon on Saturday, at 11.45 a.m., on the A2 motorway in Kriens. A family of four was on their way home after shopping. Shortly before the Sonnenberg tunnel entrance, the CO2 gas cylinder for the aquarium leaked after a defect, according to the Lucerne police.​
The gas quickly poured out and filled the interior of the vehicle. In the middle of the tunnel, the car slowed down more and more, came to a standstill and then rolled backwards into the fast lane. For several minutes, following road users drove past the family until finally someone stopped and inquired about the occupants.​
The entire family sat unconscious in the car. After the doors were opened, they gradually recovered. Two ambulances took the family to the hospital. They were unharmed. However, the family was very lucky in misfortune: According to forensic medicine, there was an extremely high risk of suffocation for the unconscious.​

And this video shows the situatioin. The car was standing, the people were unconscious inside until someone opened the doors after approximentally 4 minutes. No one of them was in panic or tried to open the while being in panic. They where just unconscious.

II Case
A family died. The mom and the two kids got murdered by the father through suffocation and then he commited suicide. This article shows what the newspaper wrote. But when you read the forensic case report about this case you can read that the family father used a 500g CO2 bottle for Aquariums, inhalation masks and a bag plus rope for himself - to murder this family and commit suicide after.

III Case
The last case is about suicide with baking soda and citirc acid.

Last edited:
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Nah. You need to put it in a bag and fill it with gas. Something I also do not prefer.
You can see something which looks like an oxygen hose connected to it in the video on amazon at 0:11. It looks like you can put a cap on it with a connection for a hose.
FWIW: I found a video where a guy used a much more precise device to validate
the CY-12C measurements.
It also shows a difference of 1.8% with the more professional device.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Alright, back with testing results. These results are from a 3.0 Nitrogen cylinder (99,9%).
I think this is fine.

Cy12c dial at 5 Cy12c dial at 50

Procedure
  • Attach hose and ball
  • Squeeze a few times
  • Wait some time
  • use the calibration dial to set 21%
  • wait some more
  • attach oxygen tubing from the cylinder
  • if it's off calibrate again to 21%
  • turn gas up (1 lpm)
  • wait some more
I also found a manual for the device:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sensenmann, NoFutureAnymore and anonaon
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Alright, back with testing results. These results are from a 3.0 Nitrogen cylinder (99,9%).
I think this is fine.

View attachment 119347View attachment 119348

Procedure
  • Attach hose and ball
  • Squeeze a few times
  • Wait some time
  • use the calibration dial to set 21%
  • wait some more
  • attach oxygen tubing from the cylinder
  • if it's off calibrate again to 21%
  • turn gas up (1 lpm)
  • wait some more
I also found a manual for the device:
I can't calibrate it to 21% anymore. It's stuck on 18-19% and I can only calibrate down. So I guess it's a faulty meter. I'm going to try to contact the supplier, thank you for your help!

Reactions: Das Nichts
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Hello. Can someone explain in more detail what kind of unconciousness occurs after a minute of oxygen deprivation? Is there the possibility to wake someone up within the 5~ 10 minutes with a pain stimulus or something? If you punch someone in the face for example. How long until something like this isn't possible anymore?

It's really important to know this. I have all important parts now. I'm in a lot of pain so I want to ctb.

Last edited:
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Hello. Can someone explain in more detail what kind of unconciousness occurs after a minute of oxygen deprivation? Is there the possibility to wake someone up within the 5~ 10 minutes with a pain stimulus or something? If you punch someone in the face for example. How long until something like this isn't possible anymore?

It's really important to know this. I have all important parts now. I'm in a lot of pain so I want to ctb. I need to know this
After 10 minutes you need life support measures. Below 10 minutes I think it's possible.

Reactions: winterparty
A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023

It's really important to know this. I have all important parts now. I'm in a lot of pain so I want to ctb.
Im not an expert on hypoxia but I don't think you can simply wake up from a prolonged oxygen-derpieved state, just like how you cant just punch someone out of a coma. Hypoia indcued unconsciousness is different than any other forms of unconsciousess like sleep or being drunk as you're literally cutting of oxygen supply to the brain which will most likely cease any/all neural-network signals including the ones that detect pain. That's why the first step to treating hypoxia is getting the patient out of the low-oxygen atomposhere and medically supplying them with oxygen. If the damage is too much, revovery is vitually imposbbile

Attachments

• hypoxia.PNG
    hypoxia.PNG
    556.8 KB · Views: 0
  • osha.png
    osha.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: outrider567, winterparty and Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Im not an expert on hypoxia but I don't think you can simply wake up from a prolonged oxygen-derpieved state, just like how you cant just punch someone out of a coma. Hypoia indcued unconsciousness is different than any other forms of unconsciousess like sleep or being drunk as you're literally cutting of oxygen supply to the brain which will most likely cease any/all neural-network signals including the ones that detect pain. That's why the first step to treating hypoxia is getting the patient out of the low-oxygen atomposhere and medically supplying them with oxygen. If the damage is too much, revovery is vitually imposbbile
Never found any definitive information myself. Id say everything above 5 minutes is probably impossible.

Reactions: outrider567, anonaon and winterparty
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
But do you know whether it's impossible to detect pain from the moment on you become unconcious or is it like @Das Nichts said and it's impossible after approximately five minutes to detect pain/wake up from it.

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
But do you know whether it's impossible to detect pain from the moment on you become unconcious or is it like @Das Nichts said and it's impossible after approximately five minutes to detect pain/wake up from it.
Im not sure why you're so concerned about pain, inert gas aphyxiation is quick & completely painless. It doesnt matter if your Thanos himself, you wont wake up unless someone immidiately finds & rescues you. Death via hypoxia will occur in less than 10 mins if you do everything right.

Reactions: outrider567 and Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I thought you where talking about intervention from a third party. I did a blackout test with my gear and fell into a cabinet because I was sitting and that's the reason I still can write here. If you do this in your bed or fixated to a chair when you unconscious you are gone.

Reactions: outrider567 and winterparty
R

Rinmo

Jul 28, 2022
is a small canister of nitrogen enough? it says 6.7 liters/1m3 2000 psi QF-2G1
and does flowmeter needed? i can't find n2 regulator that has flowmeter attached that's still within my budget.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
and does flowmeter needed? i can't find n2 regulator that has flowmeter attached that's still within my budget.
What's your method ? Exit bag ?

Gas volume should suffice. The purity needs to be 99,8 minimum.

You need a regulator with a flowmeter otherwise you can't set lpm. If your in the us/CA you can get a reg with schf and convert that to lpm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rinmo
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
and does flowmeter needed? i can't find n2 regulator that has a flowmeter attached that's still within my budget.
6.7L * 137.89 bar (2000 psi = 137.89 bar) = ~924L of uncompressed gas. This is plenty. A flowmeter is needed if your setup calls for it. For example, SCUBA/SCBA does not require one (they instead require a pressure regulator since there is a demand valve), but an exit bag or constant flow hood does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rinmo, anonaon and Das Nichts
Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
Exit Bag: Sit upright in a chair, but the headrest makes a pressure to the exit bag from behind and closes the gap in the neck?
The same in a bed, upright with pillows.

Last edited:
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Reactions: Das Nichts, sensenmann and anonaon
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Exit Bag: Sit upright in a chair, but the headrest makes a pressure to the exit bag from behind and closes the gap in the neck?
The same in a bed, upright with pillows.
I would go with the chair The neck thing does not make any sense to me. Just make sure you have a gap where CO2, can escape.

Last edited:
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Is there an expert who can help me with FSH? You can open a chat or conversation if you feel like helping me. I need to know what you can buy to have an achor point in your own flat and what's best practice.
There are dedicated Threads for that.

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Do inert gases (Nitrogen in particular) ever "expire"? Say, if I purchase one now, will it still be usable 1, 2, 5 years later?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Do inert gases (Nitrogen in particular) ever "expire"? Say, if I purchase one now, will it still be usable 1, 2, 5 years later?
My food grade nitrogen e945 cylinder has a best before 2026. I have to do some research into the reasoning.

Reactions: リンさん
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
It doesn't expire, but the PSI slowly drops, I've had mine 17 months now, the PSI has dropped from 2200 to 1650(but no drop in the last 4 months), but since its 3500 liters, there's still enough Nitrogen in there to kill me 12 times

Reactions: リンさん
M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
Reactions: Das Nichts
uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

Aug 13, 2023
Exit Bag and Inert Gas Basics —A very, very long post, I know, but I feel like I've fielded a lot of questions about this, so I figured I'd spell out everything I know. Others on the forum should please add to this thread whatever reliable technical information they feel is appropriate for someone attempting this method to have.

The idea behind using an exit bag with inert gas is to create an atmosphere around your head that is both free of life-sustaining O2 and can carry away the exhaled CO2 that would activate your hypercapnic alarm.

The Gas:

You will need to keep the inert gas flowing at 15 liters per minute (Lpm) for 40 minutes to be confident of ending your life —in other words, you'll need a minimum of 600 liters of inert gas. In the past this would have been helium (He), but due to the uncertain availability of genuinely pure He, the best current options are nitrogen (N2) and argon (Ar). Both are reliably available in pure form (no air contamination) from stores that supply welders. N2 is also available from some brewery supply houses, but the purity of the gas should be confirmed to your satisfaction. Both N2 and Ar should work to ctb and are similar enough in their properties to be treated identically for use with an exit bag.

Pressurized gas cylinder sizes are not standardized across the industry, nor internationally, and it can be difficult, if not impossible, to tell how much gas they contain from a photograph on a website.

In the US, a 20 cubic foot (cf) cylinder is the smallest you should use for ctb; a 40cf will allow some margin for flinching, practicing, etc. "A 20cf" and "a 40cf", or "a 20" and "a 40" is nomenclature US welding supply houses will recognize, so asking for either should get you the desired product. A 20cf cylinder is quite small for industrial use; I've had clerks tell me, "well, we have a 40, but we'll need to special order a 20." It's up to you what you do in that situation. Personally, I have a 40cf cylinder. It has allowed me to flinch and abort my attempt three times now, and I don't need to worry about refilling it. I bought my N2 at AirGas, a national company here in the US. They do not demand any sort of professional certification for purchasing inert gas, and no more than the usual forms of ID depending on payment method.

I know nothing of gas cylinders outside the US, so if you are using other than US-typical cylinders, you'll need to call and ask to make sure whatever tank you're contemplating holds 600L of compressed gas. Hopefully knowledgeable forum members will add cylinder sizing information to this knowledge base.

Cover story: N2 and Ar are both used for welding. N2 is used in beer brewing. In my day job, I use both N2 and Ar to flood partial cans of expensive paint, to displace the O2 in the cans and prevent the paint from skinning over and going bad. It's a cost saving measure. The clerks I've bought gas from have never heard of that trick, which has meant they don't know enough to interrogate me on my motives or to try and quiz me on my welding knowledge. They have merely said, "huh! That's a new one!"

The store clerk may ask how you're carrying the pressurized cylinder "back to your shop," since pressurized cylinders can be very hazardous to transport (the valve is vulnerable to damage in an accident). I haven't had any trouble when I have told the clerk, "in the back footwell of my car, and very carefully padded!" What they really want to know is that you are aware that a pressurized cylinder is a missile waiting to explode if anything damages it, and that you know enough to not let that happen.
Please PM with online suppliers of industrial inert gases. weldingsupply.com used to be a thing but it doesn't look like they ship gas anymore? In the US.
For anyone who's received gas ordered online - did the delivery person ask you what it was for/other questions? What did the gas come in, just a normal box or something else? Should I be worried about having to answer questions?
Are you in the US? Please PM with online suppliers of industrial inert gases. weldingsupply.com used to be a thing but it doesn't look like they ship gas anymore?
if it matters, the linked pdf shows pictures of the deceased. took me by surprise, but it isn't anything too upsetting

very comforting to know butane works in addition to the other gases
Is it possible to also use this method with inert gas? I like the CPAP idea
Well that must be the reason I'm alive today then, the helium potency. I will try and get nitrogen but I have no idea where I'd get it from. Maybe just a quick Google?I'
Well that must be the reason I'm alive today then, the helium potency. I will try and get nitrogen but I have no idea where I'd get it from. Maybe just a quick Google?I'
I apologize if this has been asked/ answered before. This may also not be the right place to ask this so please tell me if I am out of place. I am new here, but I have done lots of research as well as lots of scrolling through this site. I intended to use nitrogen as my method. I have bought the regulator, tubing, and tomorrow I am getting the nitrogen. I really don't like the idea of having a bag around my head (I'll chalk it up to my mild claustrophobia) so I was really leaning towards a mask. If anyone has seen Jerry Hunt's website, he uses a plain old dust mask with a shellac sprayed inside to "block outside air from coming in", in his words. I've used those masks before while working and while they do fit well, they are not complexity air tight. He cuts a hole in this mask, slips a tube inside, and attaches it to a cylinder of helium. That's it. And he was successful. I see many people using scuba masks/ cpap masks, and while those are obviously pretty reliable and predictable, even those feel a bit too bulky and constricting for me. Anyway, I was really just wondering if a simple non rebreather mask (one you would buy on an Amazon) could work. I have one that I ordered and forms a good tight seal on my face. There is a tiny but of open space where it sits on my chin (I have a relatively small head so that's understandable) but it's not enough for me to fit a finger or even a pencil. I know that for the exit bag method it's important to leave a little space so that carbon dioxide can escape. Obviously that means that the bag is not creating a complexity airtight seal. Here's my confusion: If an exit bag is the "ideal" set up for the inert gas method, and it is not completely air tight by design, then what difference would it make if a mask was not completely air tight. I'm sorry for the long drawn out way of phrasing this question. I was trying to make it as clear as possible so that no one would misinterpret what I am asking, but I hoesnlty seem to have made a mess of the whole thing. If anyone has any answers I would greatly appreciate it. I am terrified of a failed attempt.
I don't know the answer to your question, but definitely curious about that as well! The CPAP masks do seem pretty bulky. Are you from the US? If so, can you message me a supplier for gas, especially if it is online. I am having a tough time finding one.
In practical terms the difference is:
▪ NP: At inhalation the pressure inside the mask is lower than ambient, at exhalation is higher than ambient.
▪ PP: The pressure inside the mask is always higher than ambient.​
@GasMonkey can you PM me suppliers for the inert gases. I had weldingsupply.com as an option, but it looks like they don't sell it online anymore? Anyone with an idea can PM. TIA!
The R2D ReBreather lll
$250 for the device + $45 for S/H

$40 for Nitrogen cartridges (Amazon)

It's a LOT cheaper than "a short stay in Switzerland."

Thanks for this resource! so all that is needed for this method is the rebreather and nitrogen cartridges? Has anyone purchased it from their site, is it legit? Do they ship to the US?
The R2D ReBreather lll
$250 for the device + $45 for S/H

$40 for Nitrogen cartridges (Amazon)

It's a LOT cheaper than "a short stay in Switzerland."

Thanks for this resource! Has anyone bought the ReBreather online? Is this site legit? Do they ship to the US? & all you need for this method is the rebreather and nitrogen cartridge?
So is there anyway to get one of these tanks shipped to you? I don't have a car and don't know where I would go buy one of these in person (I'm in the US).
Same question! Please pm me if anyone knows where to get the intert gas tanks shipped to you. I am in the US, specifically AZ and it looks like airgas doesn't ship to me??
US. I guess I could purchase an unncessarily large 125 cu/ft cylinder that's already filled, which weighs 70 pounds (31 kg)...
Have you found somewhere to buy online? I'm from the US too, and having the same problem. Please PM me if so!

Last edited:
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Thanks for this resource! so all that is needed for this method is the rebreather and nitrogen cartridges? Has anyone purchased it from their site, is it legit? Do they ship to the US?
There is a dedicated thread for the rebreather and the users couldn't make it work.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Does it matter how many bars a cylinder is filled to? I was under the impression it had to be 200 bar but not sure why.

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Does it matter how many bars a cylinder is filled to? I was under the impression it had to be 200 bar but not sure why.
The amount of liters is what matters. So a bottle of 5L 200bar contains 5*200 = 1000 Liter of uncompressed air.

Reactions: DeadHead