• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Not really. I have never lived in one place for long, so I have met many amazing people who I will never see again. I'm just grateful I met them and cherish the moments we had together. I feel the same way about my friends on here.

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
i don't even have online friends
This. I just can't communicate with people long enough to actually build a friendship.
^that being said though, there are definitely members I'll be sad to see vanish when they decide to go. I silently look for a few people regularly, I just don't bother to befriend them

Last edited:
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Not really. I have never lived in one place for long, so I have met many amazing people who I will never see again. I'm just grateful I met them and cherish the moments we had together. I feel the same way about my friends on here.
Same here. People keep drifting in and out of my life, and I'm glad to have gotten whatever little time I could with the good ones. At a point, you come to accept the transience of interpersonal relationships.

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
It does bother me. So many talented nice people on here who are secretly struggling so much. I wish everyone on here was just magically cured of their illnesses and diseases. People on here are just so much nicer than I've ever met irl

been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Bothers me too. Its an impossibly sad site, I find it upsetting at times and comforting at others.

It does a good job of informing and respecting people to achieve their aims, whether that be well considered suicide or recovery. No support group offers that genuine perspective. Does SS help more people live than die?

Niko

Niko

Student
Oct 4, 2018
it does feel a little weird but I also understand what this forum is for. not necessarily to make 'life-long' friends but something different, I think to try & connect with at least someone as we make this final decision. it's an intense step for sure, and not one to be taken lightly, so if you can find someone else who's going through similar anxieties and questions as you then you've found a real valuable source of support and community at a very lonely moment.

we live in a world & society where this kind of stuff is frowned upon (to say the least) and actively shunned and denied so to find these people online here is a real special blessing and one that I very much cherish. I really appreciate everybody here.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
In a way ya. I try not to let anybody get to me on here but.. you know that gut feeling you have with some people? I get that through a few posters on here. You can see how genuine and kind some of y'all are. A huge and special shout out goes to them. They've managed to sneak their way in by simply being authentically themselves. I can name a few losses on here that will crush me if they go through with it

Reactions: not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
That you come to SS, you're here for a while, you become good friends with people that you don't know irl, you trust them with your darkest secrets,

And sooner or later they are going to ctb, and again you will be all alone?
Nope. The "sharing" is possible precisely because we are strangers who feel an urgency to express things we can't share with ppl IRL.
I love you guys and I'm comforted that you're here, but the goal of my life is ultimately detachment.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Given a choice, I would not want one person here to ctb. But I also get why a lot feel they have no option. It is a honour for me to have known or interacted with anyone here who goes on to ctb. Anyone who decides not to ctb are brave souls and have my utmost respect for making a decision that many of us feel unable to make. But to lose someone here is just a occupational hazard, it goes with the territory, to deny that would be folly.

S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
It's so saddening. However, as other people have said above, it isn't perhaps the purpose of SS to make lifelong friends.
Although of course not everyone on here will act on suicidal thoughts, some find solace on here.

Last edited:
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
At least it means we do not take one another for granted.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Which is the reason why I am not really close to anyone in forum. Seen a couple of really nice users who have left. Still can't accept the fact that they are gone but at least they don't suffer anymore

nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
If I get close to anyone on this site - I fully acknowledge they will probably die and make friends still with that in mind. I know it will happen, so it hurts a little less when it does.