• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

owlbites

Feb 27, 2024
I was raised Catholic and ended up a bit spiritual, so I think there might be an afterlife. Not one that uses the same form of consciousness as this life, though. I think the term "returning to the collective consciousness" fits the way I see the afterlife. You don't go somewhere else, but you become rain & sunlight. You become a clear sky and warm wind. If that makes sense.
I dont want to be a ghost and watch my family & friends mourn, but if I do, I think it would be fun to haunt the people who pushed me this far. Scaring them might be funny. Personally, I hope that when I die I disappear forever. Sleeping without waking up. That seems like the most peaceful option to me.
Like, imagine getting to heaven or whatever and great grandmama calls you a pussy for killing yourself. I would want to die again

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
To me it's just cope. When you don't know the answer to something and become scared or nervous you'll say or think something to soothe yourself. I also think it's environment - I've noticed a pattern that people who don't really have problems (money, health, etc) tend to believe in ghosts, paranormal, etc. when you are in poverty your last concern is going to be a ghost. Unless said ghost is going to hand you a briefcase of cash or a winning lottery ticket.

Did the whole catholic church thing - to me it felt cultish but I think it's that I'm too logical in that regard.

The closest you'll get to it is having an operation and being put to sleep. I can't consciously remember being on table but I do remember being in the room before lying on the operating bed. It's very different than "sleeping" normally. I don't know but I'd think it's going to be something like that. Then just black (no light hitting the retina as your body shuts down).

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
oh i agree with this
i really hope i dont have to do this all over again
In case you do, you shouldn't worry, just like this life another life you will be completely new and fresh with no memories of anything about your history. The only thing that worries me is idk if we get choose who we live as because of how some people end up in unfortunate circumstances

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
Never! Life is a perpetual cycle of life and death, so it's all a matter of one point to the next.

There is no afterlife if you cannot transcend life itself, whether it be by reincarnation, or many of the other things that have been mentioned in this thread.

That's just my personal opinion though.

jellie

jellie

May 9, 2023
i don't think that i believe in an afterlife, but nothing is certain since nobody truly KNOWS. i like the way you write about an afterlife, turning into rain and sunshine, i think if that were the case maybe i would be happy. i would like to return to nature in that way. maybe someday far after my death my molecules will be recycled into something more beautiful, and i would like that.

O

owlbites

Feb 27, 2024
What if we all get reincarnated onto an alien planet? That would be cool
i don't think that i believe in an afterlife, but nothing is certain since nobody truly KNOWS. i like the way you write about an afterlife, turning into rain and sunshine, i think if that were the case maybe i would be happy. i would like to return to nature in that way. maybe someday far after my death my molecules will be recycled into something more beautiful, and i would like that.
Returning to nature really is the ultimate ending. My friend killed himself a month back and I "see" him in the wind and scattered sunlight between trees and the rain. Maybe that's why I believe that we will all be recycled back to mother Gaia.
He was also buried the way he wanted, with no casket and straight into the earth. Mary Roach wrote a book about decomposition and different ways bodies are used in her book "Stiff", and apparently there's a way to make sure you're buried under a newly planted tree. Like, you die and you get planted and give life to what the earth has to offer. I think that's really beautiful.

Last edited:
O

owlbites

Feb 27, 2024
In case you do, you shouldn't worry, just like this life another life you will be completely new and fresh with no memories of anything about your history. The only thing that worries me is idk if we get choose who we live as because of how some people end up in unfortunate circumstances
Haha its funny you say that! Since I was a kid I've been writing this story about the end of the world. The main antagonist is a human girl who reincarnated, but kept the memories of her last life. Every life she had was awful, every death was painful, and by the end of her 3rd life she has a vendetta against God so she brings about the end of the world.
I guess it's one of my worst fears. There are children who remember past lives, and weird coincidences, "old souls", dejavu, and elephants remember everything, right? So maybe its not so improbable. hopefully I don't remember, and the next life isn't so dreadful. I hope you get to choose yours :)

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
After hearing stories from friends who had NDEs and a psychic friend. I do believe there is something after death not like how the Bible says though just some other realm. Science has failed me so I have to day dream that there Is something better after this life

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Never! Life is a perpetual cycle of life and death, so it's all a matter of one point to the next.

There is no afterlife if you cannot transcend life itself, whether it be by reincarnation, or many of the other things that have been mentioned in this thread.

That's just my personal opinion though.
There is a part of you that can and that will transcend. Which part it is opinions differ. We are a cup filled with water. After death the water is dumped from the cup back into the ocean.
Haha its funny you say that! Since I was a kid I've been writing this story about the end of the world. The main antagonist is a human girl who reincarnated, but kept the memories of her last life. Every life she had was awful, every death was painful, and by the end of her 3rd life she has a vendetta against God so she brings about the end of the world.
I guess it's one of my worst fears. There are children who remember past lives, and weird coincidences, "old souls", dejavu, and elephants remember everything, right? So maybe its not so improbable. hopefully I don't remember, and the next life isn't so dreadful. I hope you get to choose yours :)
there are kids that do remember past lives. And they didn't make them up as people who listened to them checked and confirmed that those people really existed

M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
I would love to hear about your ghost stories & how you would haunt them. I think I'd be their sleep paralysis demon :3
I saw this thing that looked like a person made of white energy appear in the mirror while I was looking at myself. I looked at it and it dissapeared. Also I had one that used to haunt me a sit at the end of my bed every night. If I were a ghost I would slam and bang thier Doors at 3 am, break any glass shit, make them see me outside the Windows if I could control how I looked as a ghost. Basically like the movie The shining shit.

P

Patches

Oct 26, 2023
No not really. I think it's lights out. But I'm also not religious.

If I were to believe in something, I guess it would be that the universe created life. When I die, I will return to the cycle from which I came. Perhaps I get to come back and play the sperm lottery again, maybe with an opt out option this time.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
there is no afterlife where you get to see all family and friends you will never see your love ones again, it's either nothing forever or rebirth

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I personally believe that there is no afterlife. I believe that after death is just permanent non existence

JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Dec 18, 2023
There is a part of you that can and that will transcend. Which part it is opinions differ. We are a cup filled with water. After death the water is dumped from the cup back into the ocean.

there are kids that do remember past lives. And they didn't make them up as people who listened to them checked and confirmed that those people really existed
Interesting perspective. What do you mean by transcend? Are you implying with that ocean, we will get scooped up again? Also, I always hear this argument about the past lives when reincarnation is brought up. I can't really say that's the best evidence though. Do you really believe these people who have checked them are completely and 100% credible? Is that your only reason for believing them? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, certainly not, I simply believe death to be the absence of everything, it's nothing more than an dreamless eternal sleep where all is finally forgotten about. And this is why I find comfort in the thought of ceasing to exist, I wouldn't wish for life under any circumstances, to me life is an abomination, very unnecessary and undesirable, I simply wish to be at true peace for all eternity and for me the only peace lies eternal nothingness. It's beautiful to think of being permanently unconcious, all I wish for is to be eternally free from the hell that is existence.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'll never believe in any afterlife soul god religion magic reincarnation, rebirth , supernatural, devil , spirits , simulation, . I don't care if others believe in any of that. It's each individual's right to believe what they want to.

I believe after death is non-existence forever

Last edited:
G

Galahad

Mar 21, 2024
I'll never believe in any afterlife soul god religion magic reincarnation, rebirth , supernatural, devil , spirits , simulation, . I don't care if others believe in any of that. It's each individual's right to believe what they want to.

+1
100% this

kilobyte

kilobyte

why am I conscious?
Oct 26, 2023
I think from a materialistic point of view, an afterlife is certain. It means our consciousness can be recreated somehow, so in less than an infinite amount of time, that's what will happen.
Anything is possible after death.

O

owlbites

Feb 27, 2024
there is no afterlife where you get to see all family and friends you will never see your love ones again, it's either nothing forever or rebirth
I personally believe that there is no afterlife. I believe that after death is just permanent non existence
I see how this perspective is the most likely and the most peaceful. With no conscious brain, and no beating heart, what else would be holding us together into anything with thought or perception? I see what you mean. Im a firm believer that its different for everyone

I like the idea of non-existence forever. That would be nice. I wish I could see things from your perspective, no belief of magic or anything supernatural. I feel like the ability to hear the dead & connection to ancestors has fucked me on this one.
Unfortunately I believe in the afterlife
I don't think thats unfortunate. There's a better place waiting for you at the end of all of this. No matter how bad it gets here, there is something better at the next stop :)

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
nothingness theory is really common here

i do, though. it's one of my motivators to die, even. i believe in an afterlife because i think it is my only chance to travel to a world that might want me there. if there really is nothing after death, i won't be there to care anyway. so i might as well believe in something after. it's not like i can get disappointed there isnt one

I

igl00

Jun 4, 2023
I think there is an afterlife. I was raised Christian but I don't believe in hell or heaven. I hope there is a special place for people who committed evil things but I often think I would be there as according to the Bible I would be counted as one of them.

I think you are brought back to life or reincarnated if you don't finish what your ancestors started. I think those who break the cycle get eternal rest while others are still scheming for their succession to do so.

In the end, I choose a lazy answer: IDK/I'm not sure

But I hope that we all find peace when we leave. We deserve to have that for going through "existence".