• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tereon

Tereon

Jul 22, 2020
Besides having depression and feeling lonely, I am an atheist who lives in a religious country, surrounded by religious people, and I don't have what is necessary to go abroad. I really would like to live in a more secular country, surrounded by like-minded people, but unfortunately I live in a country where 84% of the population says it's necessary to believe in God in order to be moral and have good values. Things like that have an impact on my mind and make me feel even sadder. I really don't like to live here. Does anyone else feel the same?

I apologise for the grammatical mistakes. English isn't my native language.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Besides having depression and feeling lonely, I am an atheist who lives in a religious country, surrounded by religious people, and I don't have what is necessary to go abroad. I really would like to live in a more secular country, surrounded by like-minded people, but unfortunately I live in a country where 84% of the population says it's necessary to believe in God in order to be moral and have good values. Things like that have an impact on my mind and make me feel even sadder. I really don't like to live here. Does anyone else feel the same?

I apologise for the grammatical mistakes. English isn't my native language.
If you lived in a country where 84% of the population said the earth is flat, would it bother you? I expect not. You might even feel a bit superior to them. So why let it bother you when 84% say something else that is obviously not true. I too am an atheist and live in a country that (on the surface) is very religious, and I just don't care when they think. I do my own thing. I also know that a lot of the people who pretend to be religious are only doing it for appearances sake. They don't believe that nonsense either.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I really would like to live in a more secular country, surrounded by like-minded people,
The only countries which are officially athiest are not ones most people would deliberately choose.

I am sympathetic to your situation however.

Tereon

Tereon

Jul 22, 2020
The only countries which are officially athiest are not ones most people would deliberately choose.

I am sympathetic to your situation however.

I would just like to live in a place with people like me and I don't think it's right for governments to force citizens of their countries not to believe in gods or to have no religion.

There are countries that are much more secular than the one I live in (Sweden, Estonia, Czech Republic, France, etc.). In those countries, as far as I know, there is no state atheism.

Last edited:
Tereon

Tereon

Jul 22, 2020
If you lived in a country where 84% of the population said the earth is flat, would it bother you? I expect not. You might even feel a bit superior to them. So why let it bother you when 84% say something else that is obviously not true. I too am an atheist and live in a country that (on the surface) is very religious, and I just don't care when they think. I do my own thing. I also know that a lot of the people who pretend to be religious are only doing it for appearances sake. They don't believe that nonsense either.

I wish I didn't care about things like that, but I can't. The religious influence here is very great. Atheism is generally frowned upon here. I am not comfortable, for example, in saying that I am an atheist to anyone or anywhere. I usually hide it so that I won't be judged or harassed.

If you live in such a country, you must understand what I mean.
My mom obliges me to pray alongside her every morning (if I don't, she gets angry) and tells me that, if I kill myself, i will deserve to go to hell... so, yeah. I feel you.

I'm sorry. :aw:

At least my family accepts me as I am and doesn't force me into anything.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Zappfe lover
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't feel more or less suicidal because the people around me are religious per se. Over the years, I start to decouple that religion and CTB while they are related it isn't the only kinds of people who are pro-life. There are even secular, non-religious people who are very pro-life (humanists and what not), and they are just as bothersome as that religious ones.

L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
I feel ya.
I was the only atheist in my class (or maybe even school) in the late 90's and got bullied for it, called a satanist, laughed at - it made me feel even more like an outcast... Things are slowly changing here as more and more young people chose to abandon religion but still most people are mentally stuck in the year 1930 with their god, racism and homophobia. It's sad.

Promortalistic4Life

Promortalistic4Life

Efilist
May 29, 2020
It would bother the fuck outta me. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers. Human's endless stupidity and insanity is what makes me partially depressed. I'm an antitheist btw.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Julius Caesar:
I thought you had no reservations about the gods.
SemproniusGracchus:
Privately I believe in none. Neither do you. Publicly I believe in them all.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I dislike living in any country with a prominent powerful religious base. It seeps into politics and how the country is run to favor sometimes extreme laws or points of view that harm people. And yes you can feel excluded unless you subscribe to that religion.

Reactions: Trannydiary
H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
My mom obliges me to pray alongside her every morning (if I don't, she gets angry) and tells me that, if I kill myself, i will deserve to go to hell... so, yeah. I feel you.

Oddly enough, I may be mistaken here but I'm pretty sure that the whole suicide go to hell thing was made up long after the old testament, the original teachings of Christianity and catholasism never said suiciders go to hell. They just said dont cause harm to people. But humans being humans decided thst meant you CAN harm people if they go against your beliefs but you can't kill yourself.

Personnaly I think they added it in their to stop their own followers from suicide as more dead followers means less followers....

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Personnaly I think they added it in their to stop their own followers from suicide as more dead followers means less followers....
Humans find more and more ways to control other humans, no matter what it is. We even have religions that tell them how and when and to whom they can have sex! That tell them to have unlimited numbers of children! That they should be married (which is a piece of paper issued by the government) to have sex. Imagine needing a state license to have sex!

The idea of a hell is to scare people. Those who talk about going to hell usually are people who do anything they want. Suicide does not make people go to hell.

Last edited: