• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you think people who CTB are losers ?

• Anybody who CTB's is a loser .

• I consider myself a loser for CTBing but not others .

• I am not a loser for CTBing but other people are .

• No one is a loser for CTBing .

• It depends on the circumstance (Please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
A significant number of comments I read on social media consider people who CTB as losers because they couldn't bear the hardships of life.
Is a tough winner mentality only when you hold on till your natural end ?

In my own confession , I don't think of other people who CTB as losers but I can't stop thinking of myself as a loser for thinking about CTB . I consider myself tenacious and want to live upto it and that is where my double standard arises .

What about you ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

updatedmind

updatedmind

Jul 12, 2023
i'm surprised people would consider themselves a loser. in the end, you did what you really wanted so you never lose in my mind

i chose it depends since if like lets say a criminal who was awaiting jail time for committing a terrible crime (like against a child) just ctb, then yeah i think they're a loser for not taking what they deserve.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
i'm surprised people would consider themselves a loser. in the end, you did what you really wanted so you never lose in my mind

i chose it depends since if like lets say a criminal who was awaiting jail time for committing a terrible crime (like against a child) just ctb, then yeah i think they're a loser for not taking what they deserve.
This is pretty much my view.

tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Imo who ctbs is not a loser.
I always think that human beings are like moving trees, if you cannot produce fruits anymore, there is no point in keep living.
Also, imagine that you have some ideas or a certain lifestyle and you cannot live as you wish, what is the purpouse of living like that?

S

Stoked

Mar 18, 2024

i voted for no one is a loser. but i concur with this part specifically^

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
Absolutely not and I think anyone who thinks so is someone unreasonable and apathetic to the struggles people go through in life, enough to where they can decide if they've had enough, I've seen such comments before, the intent seems to be said in the nature of trying to show how strong the person is for not having gone through with ctb so in that context, they haven't lost hope and therefore not a loser but I think this is still a terrible and insensitive approach if it's in the spirit of trying to "help" someone. Also, is there a prize for us all waiting at the end of all the hardships life could possibly dish out anyway or what? A participation trophy for all the problems we've had to bear is what we're supposed to fight and stay alive for, I don't get it and never will, does that make me a loser for wanting the ability to leave on my terms?
I agree with this, evading offenses like this while their victims suffer is very, very pathetic and low.

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I think the exact same than @updatedmind and @Goku Black , if you are responsible of your actions and don't like the outcome, I'm sorry, but you are just immature. Rights imply obligations, the one to not hurt children, for example.

Personally, I also think your right to die goes away when you have a kid, by the same logic. I'm not saying they are criminals, I just don't like when people chooses actions this important, but rejects their commitment or any parts they don't like. Obviously, they don't choose to be suicidal, and everyone has a breaking point, but in this case, you should explore all ways to recovery first.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
It depends on what you mean and what we take into account.
Considering our nature and the world, suicides are losers.
People who commit CTB usually have a bad life, so they simply failed in life. It can be considered a failure.

Of course, we know it's not that simple. The world is not equal and people have different starts in life.
There are also many events that happen during our lives that we have no direct influence on.

I don't consider giving up in unfavorable circumstances as a complete failure. I consider it a cold calculation of the advantages and disadvantages of a decision.
This world is hard, so why bother yourself unnecessarily? Sometimes it's the best decision.
Sometimes you can do everything right and still lose.
Sometimes failure has no single person to blame.
Sometimes a person crosses the limits and there is no turning back.

The definition of failure can also vary. This world has no single meaning.
Everyone has to make sense of the world for themselves.
No one gave us an instruction manual for the world.
From nature's point of view, our only specific purpose in life is survival and procreation.
But that's just nature.
I'm going to CTB and I know that in many eyes I may look like a loser.
From the point of view of nature, I am a loser. But from my point of view, I'm making the best decision for me.
I don't care about other people's opinions. This is my life and I'm going to play by my own rules in this strange world.

fantastic_unicorn

fantastic_unicorn

Mar 23, 2024
I think it's circumstantial. In my case and many others where we're put in a position where we DO NOT want to CTB but a health condition - in my case physical.. but others even mental that is untreatable after exploring every possible resource and reduces our quality of life to close to nothing, I mean are we a loser for wanting to end suffering. I had a great life, friends, career etc & now I can barely brush my hair. I don't want to live this way. It's been 7 months and I want to go sooner than later. Kinda "end it on top" idea. Instead of dragging this out to where my soul is eradicated to nothing.

If you go shoot up a school or mall or something then shoot yourself? Loser.

Last edited:
G

gazap

Dec 3, 2023
Absolutely not! No one can understand the mind of a suicidal person unless they have walked in that person's footsteps. you will only hear comments of us being 'losers' from those who have never had to experience the mental (or/and physical) hardships we have endured. Making the decision and then following through on ctb shows how strong you are. It's not an easy choice. We have exhausted all possibilities to get better. It just goes to show the lack of empathy and education people have about those who are suicidal.

So in my opinion, those of us who want to ctb are the strongest mother fuckers you'll meet on this planet. I can guarantee that an average person wouldn't be able to last even an hour in our minds.

Much love to you

Illegal Preclear

Illegal Preclear

Planet's dying, Cloud.
Sep 6, 2022
Yes, people who CTB are losers (sarcasm), as opposed to the WINNERS, who go on to live forever! Yeah, that's not how life works lol. CTBers being losers is an absurd sentiment. I'm glad my first job was in a nursing home and I got to see a lot of death early on in life. I've seen how the WINNERS lives ended. I'm sure a lot of people in the nursing home I worked at were WINNERS once. And you know what? It didn't matter what they did in life. They were all shaking and mostly bedridden, having the same diapers changed, forgetting who their children were and SCREAMING "Somebody kill me please!" in the end. Is that winning? Is that how you win at life? WOW. What a prize!

updatedmind

updatedmind

Jul 12, 2023
So in my opinion, those of us who want to ctb are the strongest mother fuckers you'll meet on this planet. I can guarantee that an average person wouldn't be able to last even an hour in our minds.
also a lot of people say it's weak to do it but i think choosing to end your life is one of the most courageous things you could do when we're hardwired to prefer survival

fantastic_unicorn

fantastic_unicorn

Mar 23, 2024
Yes, people who CTB are losers (sarcasm), as opposed to the WINNERS, who go on to live forever! Yeah, that's not how life works lol. CTBers being losers is an absurd sentiment. I'm glad my first job was in a nursing home and I got to see a lot of death early on in life. I've seen how the WINNERS lives ended. I'm sure a lot of people in the nursing home I worked at were WINNERS once. And you know what? It didn't matter what they did in life. They were all shaking and mostly bedridden, having the same diapers changed, forgetting who their children were and SCREAMING "Somebody kill me please!" in the end. Is that winning? Is that how you win at life? WOW. What a prize!
Big freaking yikes. Yeah that's why I prefer to CTB soon. Not good.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't think anyone is a loser for CTB. To be a true loser, you have to want to play the game but fail to live up to it. I'd say a lot of people who CTB simply don't hold life in the same value as others. They no longer want to comply or play the game. So- it's not much of a burn.

If I end up doing it and people think I'm a loser for doing it, so be it. They're welcome to keep living in this shit show. Great- if they find it rewarding enough. I didn't. But- it wasn't because I didn't try. I probably took more risks and changed my life over and over far more than they have or will. Not that it's a competition though either.

I think it's simply a balance offsetting effort with reward. I imagine most suicidal people see the reward side as lacking. Plus, problems versus coping mechanisms. I imagine most suicidal people have worn through their coping mechanisms and, because they see very little reward in life, they maybe can't be bothered to find new ways to cope. Why would you run a gruelling marathon where you risk injury, dehydration, suffering if the prize is shit?!! That sounds dumb to me.

I guess there will be some who are still invested in life but can't cope with it but, I see that as something to pity and preferably support- rather than take the piss out of them! Why are they finding it so difficult? Do they have debilitating health issues? Do they have debilitating circumstances? Trauma in their history? Do they have anyone that gives a shit about them? There are always reasons.

If these pro-lifers actually want to help- they should be probing deeper to find out what those reasons are. Then they can impart their practical suggestions for how that person might change their circumstances. Simply calling them 'weak' or, a 'loser' doesn't help.

I guess it helps them though. I suspect they are simultaneously patting themselves on the back, telling themselves that they could cope and thrive under any circumstances. They really shouldn't speak too soon to my mind though. Mental and physical illness, ideation, redundancy, deaths in close family etc. can happen to anyone at any time. No one knows what's ahead of us. No one knows how much they can cope with before snapping. I think they're kind of dumb for tempting fate almost. Oh- and heartless too. Why would we want to stick around to be around people like that?

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, I envy and admire those who managed to cease existing on their own terms. I don't see value in prolonging suffering as much as possible, rather I see it as all unnecessary and undesirable. I see those who voluntarily ended their own existence as being fortunate as they managed to escape from meaningless suffering in an existence that caused nothing but harm in the first place, I have no interest in having the ability to suffer in this evil world.

psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
if anything I would feel like a loser for taking too long to finally do it or not doing it at all or not attempting at all for a long amount of time / as I progress in age (even if it's because things/methods were not easily available or because of a bad location)

because I don't want to be viewed as not unwell enough or an attention seeker as mental health spaces can sometimes be a bit competitive from what I've observed in other places on the Internet

I often read posts about people that are no longer in their 20s regretting not doing it sooner(in their twenties) or feeling ashamed because they held on to hope or were positive for so long and then the depression and thoughts of suicide or reasons to commit came back or appeared or because they ran out of help and resources or because they just eventually stopped working I guess

updatedmind

updatedmind

Jul 12, 2023
Big freaking yikes. Yeah that's why I prefer to CTB soon. Not good.
i have a job that's like being a CNA and yeah.. aging is one of my biggest fears too, it just makes me wonder what all those people who preach to live think about these people who are literally asking God to take them..
What if you never even wanted to meet them anyways?
then its like not playing a game you could've won at, you don't really lose by leaving, you're just on your own thing. there's no losing if you don't even feel the taste of defeat

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You and me view it as honorable but the society doesn't , that's where the problem starts in the first place .
Yeah true. nowadays society doesn't, in antiquity it was often honorable to CTB.

Anyway I don't care about the opinion of society bc it's my personal suffering that makes me suicidal. Society could rescue me but they also give a shit about that. In this regards - should I really reach that point to be forced to attempt - I also give a shit about the opinion in the society. I'm the one who is relieved.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Depends on the situation.

I think people leaving behind young children or other dependants are selfish. I don't think I would use the word loser.

Also anyone who traumatised others during their CTB.

It's complicated though as all CTB is caused by usually untreatable depression so it's an illness, not really a choice.