• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
If you have things you look forward to (in any capacity) do you think about how you'll be missing out after CTB?
It's something I often over think. Like, I'm going to miss the release of this game, or that show is coming out soon, or I'll never have finished that thing.
Ultimately, if/when I CTB those things won't matter in the end, but right now when I teeter on the fence it's something I think about often.
Morbid FOMO I guess

W

WillRev

Nov 29, 2020
Not really. I mean sure there are many things I feel I've missed out on in life, dreams I would have done anything for, but poverty, illness and a cruel uncaring world have made those things more like torment. TV shows and media provide no joy for me, they just fill the empty moments with noise to relieve my mind of anxiety.

I'm cool with missing out on a life of inevitable homelessness.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
idk, lots of things seem to have entered development hell after covid. I was excited about the ff7 remake but then found out it they messed up the final act.

David Lynch announced a new show and I probably won't be around to see that. I think his TP was the last tv show I enjoyed.

botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I'm sure there will be many more great games I won't get to play, or amazing animes I won't get to watch, or beautiful songs I'll never get the chance to listen to. But even so, I don't really mind missing out. There will always be something else to look forward to, so if I were really bothered and waited for them to release, it'd be like an endless loop of waiting. I'm just lucky I don't get FOMO, I guess!

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I'm sure there will be many more great games I won't get to play, or amazing animes I won't get to watch, or beautiful songs I'll never get the chance to listen to. But even so, I don't really mind missing out. There will always be something else to look forward to, so if I were really bothered and waited for them to release, it'd be like an endless loop of waiting. I'm just lucky I don't get FOMO, I guess!

This... It doesn't really bother me. There are tons of things I'm missing out on or have missed out on already. You could die any day and miss out on stuff. There are so many things I want to watch and play and read I will likely never finish them all, and there is always something new.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah definitely, many concerts I would have loved to go to, new games, new releases of stuff in general, probably too surgery. Most of them would be materialistic things cause I'm like that but I guess I'm not too bothered by it because I still plan to ctb

Echo

Echo

Easily Forgotten
Oct 28, 2020
Not anymore! I wanted to see how the show Supernatural ended and i did-
I've decided to give the kids and me 1 last x mas to hang out- since it's so close..
New year is a non event...
I just look forward to an end to the suffering.

Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
Yeah. Not being able to see something hit the shelves for the first time is a disappointment, but staying alive would be a bigger one for me.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
Concerts, movies, art, TV shows, trends, natural phenomena, discoveries, change, family, memes... there's all sorts of things I'll miss. My one comfort is that if there's really a Heaven, I'll still be able to check all of those things out. I'll just be a healthier version of myself, chilling somewhere in the clouds while I check out my favorite artists' new posts and watch the latest music videos from my favorite singers.

LostInSociety

LostInSociety

Oct 8, 2020
I really want to go to space. I know we don't have the technology to live up there and it probably won't be in my lifetime. Other than that I could CTB now and not worry about missing out on anything.

J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Yes I think about this all the time. New music, scientific discoveries, new TV shows/books/movies, old TV shows/books/movies I could watch/read, spending time with my friends and families, learning new things.

It's what keeps me going until I can ctb

VtubersAreMyLife

VtubersAreMyLife

Nov 26, 2020
This is pretty much what I was gonna type out lol. The only thing is Ive been following Vtubers recently and it's gotten slightly harder for me to ctb. On one hand I love them so much, I want to seem them grow and support them even if only they become happy (weird, I know lol). I think I feel this way because when I was seriously down, and anime and games did nothing for me, the clips I saw of them brought me some happiness I never thought was possible. On the other hand tho, I've been suffering for too long, so I'm not going to turn back, even if I finally have something that makes me want to stay. I've already made by decision .

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I'm a fan of science, so I'd miss out on the newest discoveries of astronomy, engineering, medicine and others. I know that it may seem nerdy lol. But I would die to see what our machines and generally our life will look like in 10, 20 or 30 years (see what I did there? I am also aware that my puns are the worst). And I am curious how music will develop as well. What kind of music will people be listening to in the future?

LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
Strangely I really want to see how history and global politics play out. Will Biden finally get inaugurated, will Trump go to prison, will Africa become hyperdeveloped or a climate changed ravaged hellhole? What's the situation in China? Unfortunately I'm not willing to wait 30+ years to find out.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I have thought about some things like concerts that I'll miss out on. In some ways I guess covid has kind of prepared me for that, with all the concerts I had tickets for this year being cancelled. I'm not as sad about it anymore.

softfuzzyman

softfuzzyman

Rot
Aug 17, 2020
Oh yes, so much. There are so many currently existing things, so many things that will exist, that the thought of missing makes me so upset... it's almost affirming in a way, in that most of the things I want to get into or do with my life, I know I won't anyway because I just don't have the energy and I never have and it all keeps piling up in this horrible list of wishes and regrets, so, being dead would be a way better excuse for never getting into so many cool things and never doing so many cool things, than being alive but just being too depressed and depleted. I hate the "what are you doing! Get out there and live your life and do the things you love that make you happy!" messaging that's everywhere because it's like thanks I'm severely mentally ill and I can't afford treatment especially not to the extent that I need since I'm grossly treatment resistant and working to stay alive takes everything out of me but thanks anyway

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyDude15
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I guess I'll miss out the opportunity to know what new interesting technologies scientists will come up with, especially IT things. I will also surely miss out new versions of minecraft industrial mods for nerds. Particularly the debugged version of traincraft, this mod is a great distraction from reality, I really enjoy playing it but it has very annoying bugs. Apart from that nothing really interests me if life is so miserable.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Not really looking forward to anything anymore because I'm out of the loop on current developments and I'm barely interested in consuming the stuff I've already acquired. Can't miss something I'm unaware of. But I will miss the things I did experience and love to this point. Music, films, games, moments in life. But anhedonia killed off a lot of that enjoyment already, so in a way it's gone anyway and constantly being confronted with things I can no longer have or enjoy just pushes me closer to the edge.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I was gonna say "yes" but when i think of the things i'll miss, my mind went "blank". Maybe i'm not as excited consuming media like i used to be.

http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
No.

When I wasn't (that) suicidal, things were different. When I were dead, I'd have missed learning about the development of technology or space related discoveries and missions. There's an unfinished manga I read as a kid, and I'd like to know how it ended.

Those things don't matter now.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I don't gear myself up for anything anymore. If I did give a shit I wouldn't be on this forum in the first place. That's just me.

Reactions: booray