• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

TheFifthDay

Jan 30, 2021
It definitely comes to mind. I personally have been on a major anime/manga/light novel binge because I wanna see as much of all these different stories as possible and explore new ones while I'm at it. I might as well enjoy them to their fullest now cuz I'm not gonna see their season 2s. It reminds of this youtuber guy I think he was called Etika. He made 1 last upload a few years back and in it he talked about all the things he'll never see like the end of attack on titan. I relate a little too hard. Also seeing how people react would be intriguing. I can figure out who would do what but it's never 100% until I see it.

soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
I miss out even while being alive anyway.

Not much to do when your health is shit, other than sitting around ofc. But sitting around with nothing to do just means more time to think and agonize over my past mistakes.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Actually no, missing out is never a thing I think about. I've had varying levels of anhedonia throughout most of my life, so it really doesn't matter if I'm there for the Big Special Thing or not, I won't feel any different. There's also the fact that there are no guarantees that the Big Special Thing will really happen anyway, or if it does, that my life won't have ended by some other means than suicide by then. Car crashes are dangerous. Cancer is common. Being murdered by a serial killer is not, but that changes nothing for the people who actually die that way. A guy I went to high school with died recently when he fell off a ladder. Also, it's not possible to feel left out of things if you don't exist. So yeah—not a consideration for me.

InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
A few things I would miss:

* Technology. It's really amazing what humans have created
* Listening to my favorite music
* My mom's home cooking

• Love
Reactions: gimme_my_happy_nap
gimme_my_happy_nap

gimme_my_happy_nap

Fresky
Mar 13, 2021
Video games maybe? But they're mostly chores for me these days and bring more stress than fun anyway.
Still, no more FOMO when I'm gone, so it's a relief, really.

Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
I used to engage in such thoughts, that I would miss on things, but other than a few TV shows (like the above mentioned "Better Call Saul") and sports events (like the FIFA World Cup or the career accomplishments of some young basketball stars like Luka Dončić)... I don't think I would miss on much.

This civilization has reached its peak and has begun its fall, the level of social injustice and man-made crises (of which the Covid-19 pandemics is only a beginning) are ensuring a darker future... so there is very little good we will be leaving behind in the world. The developments in technology won't save us, but on the contrary, will only fast-forward the downfall of this society.

Some really fucked-up times are coming in this decade, so it's not such a bad moment to depart right now.
And this is not wishful thinking.
Nor is it a nature's response, like many want to believe.
The fall of this civilization is being brought about by a small group of people, those less than 0,1% whose greed overshadows all else.
They want us dead, eradicated... But I will not give them the pleasure to kill me/us, I choose to go on my own terms.

Last edited: