not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
First of all, I work in a rural county, so what I say will likely not apply in many other jurisdictions. Where I am, police are always the first to go. Even if the ambulance arrives first, it will "stage" in the area until police go in and secure the scene. This is for the safety of the EMT's. You'd be amazed what the other people on the scene (family and/or friends) are capable of in moments of shock and grief. Once the scene is secure, the EMT's will come in, and if it's a definite DOA, they'll go ahead and call for the coroner. From my perspective, that's it until the ambulance radios in they're transporting to the morgue.

All but one of my calls were gunshots. I live in a rural red state, so it goes without saying guns are the primary mode. I had one hanging, and being in a rural place with long response times, he had long enough to CTB before first responders arrived.

Knowing what I know, if you're using a method other than gun, like hanging, gas, OD, etc. You're going to want to have some way to delay that call or txt because the job of 911/police/EMT's is to get there ASAP and "save" you. And that could mean you end up in a vegetative state or something if they're Johnny On the Spot.

When I CTB with nitrogen/Exit Bag, it's really going to throw these hicks for a loop because they'll never have seen it. I'll have to leave a detailed note explaining it.

I hope this helps. I'll be glad to answer any more questions as long as I'm here.

I just wanted to say thanks for your reply. I was wondering how that worked as well... even if it's not exactly the same.
It's not like I can call the police and ask how it works. ;)
Also … I don't know if you would know the answer to this but... Who pays for this ?
My parents don't have money for this.
I have a little money saved … I was hoping to put it toward my cremation. I don't want a funeral but that will be out of my control.
I would like to do it in the woods but I'm afraid of someone spotting me and try to "Save" me.

Reactions: dano6533
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
I just wanted to say thanks for your reply. I was wondering how that worked as well... even if it's not exactly the same.
It's not like I can call the police and ask how it works. ;)
Also … I don't know if you would know the answer to this but... Who pays for this ?
My parents don't have money for this.
I have a little money saved … I was hoping to put it toward my cremation. I don't want a funeral but that will be out of my control.
I would like to do it in the woods but I'm afraid of someone spotting me and try to "Save" me.
This link might answer some of your questions.

Reactions: dano6533