P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
No. At most a century after my death any who would remember me would also likely be forgotten. Slow decay of time and whatnot. The wont to be remembered has a tendency to lead to horrible things.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
No. Most people can't wait to forget me, anyway.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TrailerTrash and Bct
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
I prefer people to forget my existence, or relief that I'm already gone

Reactions: Skathon
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
No, in 100 years nobody will know my name anyway.
Oh my, I used to use the same expression growing up, before there was social media. Though even with social media, I doubt anyone will remember me.

So the answer is no.

• Hugs
Reactions: Despondent
SleeplessSoul

SleeplessSoul

Student
Apr 10, 2020
Not really. I want my friends to forget me already so it doesn't hurt them

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Even if our names are remembered, it doesn't change anything. Knowing the names and deeds of people long gone isn't much different than thinking about fictional characters, it's just a name and a concept at our minds.
So true. There was a line from the current Dr. Who tv series that went something along the lines of "We are all just stories in the end, so make it a good one, eh?"

I find this somewhat tonic, even it does not alleviate the things that trouble us so much.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Not at all! I'm extremely private person and I don't want others knowing my business or anything about me.

jrums

jrums

Student
Apr 14, 2019
Dead people give less than a shit if they are remembered. Do you think Hitler cares that many people remember him as the epitome of pure evil? Or that Mother Theresa cares that she is remembered as a wonderful person that helped the poor? No neither one cares how they are remembered because they are both DEAD.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Yes, and I care very much how I'm remembered. If there is no afterlife (and science presents no evidence in support of one), perhaps that is how we live on — in the way we have influenced others and shape their lives.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
No because I just want a way out. People can only care for so long until time heals them and they will forget.

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
It's odd the only people I care about being remembered are the ones most likely to forget because they're children.
And I guess I mostly only want them to remember me so that they grow up remembering they had a gay aunt, and hope they aren't homophobic like my sister and brother in law.

C

curiouskitty

Jul 13, 2020
Nope. I've explicitly told my friends that I want my presence scrubbed from the internet and I have left instructions to my family to burn all my photographs and documents. I doubt they'll go through it, but then they'll have to live with the guilt of letting me down again.

Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
I'll be lost in time eventually. I did nothing remarkable like Stephen Hawkings or Albert Einstein.
History remembers only the outstanding, in good and bad.
To answer the question, no im not.

Reactions: Bauhaus