H

Hoopali

Apr 6, 2020
My main concern with this is that it states it won the NuTech 2017 Innovation Award. But when I go to their website I can't see it. I see lots of other sites saying it won it (such as the EI blog) but why isn't it on NuTech's site (https://www.nutechventures.org/2017-innovator-celebration/)?

I think also RocketExpress are based in the Uk so that seems to help from a uk point of view (Sheffield if I remember right). They certainly seem legit (have checked on companies house website).

Reactions: mediocre
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
My main concern with this is that it states it won the NuTech 2017 Innovation Award. But when I go to their website I can't see it. I see lots of other sites saying it won it (such as the EI blog) but why isn't it on NuTech's site (https://www.nutechventures.org/2017-innovator-celebration/)?

I think also RocketExpress are based in the Uk so that seems to help from a uk point of view (Sheffield if I remember right). They certainly seem legit (have checked on companies house website).
Hoopali,
NuTech (New Technology in Self-Deliverance) is a research project founded by Philip Nitschke, John Hofsess, and Derek Humphry. I can assure you that the site you linked is not at all related to the right-to-die movement. What you linked is is a different organization that is affiliated with University of Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reactions: Euthanza, enjolras, Halo13 and 3 others
H

Hoopali

Apr 6, 2020
Hoopali,
NuTech (New Technology in Self-Deliverance) is a research project founded by Philip Nitschke, John Hofsess, and Derek Humphry. I can assure you that the site you linked is not at all related to the right-to-die movement. What you linked is is a different organization that is affiliated with University of Nebraska.

Ah, I guess that will be why then!! Thanks, I'm an idiot :wink:

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
Has anyone else tried to order and got an error message? When I put in all my info and press place order I get a Bad Gateway Credentials message.
I did the age verification and it said that was good.

• Aww..
Reactions: mediocre and Ἡγησίας
K

Kam59

Sep 7, 2018
Can't order either - same error message

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Euthanza, Ἡγησίας, Halo13 and 2 others
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
What if i take SN . Then immediately put on the debreather. I should have at least 5 minutes of mental clarity after taking the SN right? After i put on the debreather then i could start duck taping it to my face so it would seal better and so i wouldn't be able to take it off cause of Survival instinct. So then if one doesn't get me then the other one would. Does that seem practical or would that complicate things? Any suggestions would be appreciated form anyone.
That would be uncomfortable if you vomited from the SN.

Reactions: Halo13, Ἡγησίας and pthnrdnojvsc
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Re Ordering: The process is new for everyone. The technical issues are being worked out. Starting yesterday people have been attempting to order (or trying). The people in the UK are having problems regarding the address. Post Code/Zip Code issue . (not me)

"It appears the orders are not going through to the US. After checking my credit card activity, the transaction disappeared this morning." (not me)

"They have apparently fixed the error in the shopping cart. I was able to complete the purchase. It requires your credit card information. Shipping is a separate transaction and you have the option to use PayPal. Everything went smoothly." (not me)

When you have problems, you should email Richard.. to let him know, so the problem can be fixed.

Reactions: Euthanza, Halo13, LMLN and 1 other person
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Does someone know what happens if you're not at home when Rocket Express comes to your door to deliver the Debrether? I know I won't be at home.

Reactions: mediocre
H

Hoopali

Apr 6, 2020
Does someone know what happens if you're not at home when Rocket Express comes to your door to deliver the Debrether? I know I won't be at home.

I suspect that depends on whether it needs a signature. If it doesn't they may leave safe, leave a card or leave with neighbour I suspect.

Reactions: Halo13 and mediocre
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Is there any confirmation it's an actual delivery company? 'Rocket Express' gives you a tracking number and that'll (most likely) be through your postal service. That was my understanding with emails I've exchanged. Rocket Express would have had tracking on their site if they were delivering in-person. Logistics aside, that is no easy feat to have in-person delivery from a company this small.

Reactions: enjolras
R

ReturnToNothing

Oct 8, 2019
I don't think i want to risk buying, but I am interested in building my own, ordering components from separate locations that won't raise any alarms. Does anyone have a solid design?

T

truthseeker

Student
Sep 9, 2019
Re Ordering: The process is new for everyone. The technical issues are being worked out. Starting yesterday people have been attempting to order (or trying). The people in the UK are having problems regarding the address. Post Code/Zip Code issue . (not me)

"It appears the orders are not going through to the US. After checking my credit card activity, the transaction disappeared this morning." (not me)

"They have apparently fixed the error in the shopping cart. I was able to complete the purchase. It requires your credit card information. Shipping is a separate transaction and you have the option to use PayPal. Everything went smoothly." (not me)

When you have problems, you should email Richard.. to let him know, so the problem can be fixed.

Terrible news that orders aren't going through to US. The initial purchase payment disappeared I assume. Perhaps because of the pandemic or other factors in play? How would those in the US get updated other than trying to reorder again and again? Was excited until reading this, now disappointed. Time to contact Richard.

• Hugs
Reactions: Halo13
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Who is Richard? As far as I know, there are two possible contacts. One for right2die, in their site, and another for RocketExpress, in their site too. Who is Richard?

lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Time to contact Richard.
"Had a message from Richard Avocet who realised the problem and try to fix it. As I spent practically all day dealing with this, forgive me if I have a bottle of wine and chill." (not me) :sunglasses:

Reactions: truthseeker, LMLN and Donk
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Right now there are two threads about the Debreather, can't them be united?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I emailed RocketExpress to ask about shipping to my country, used the info email address of on their website, the email was kicked back as undeliverable to them. >:/

V

vpstories

Mar 23, 2020
how do we know if this thing really works? its a new product. just like any new products out in the market, there could be flaws in the design. im curious as to how they test the effectiveness of this machine. surely they wont test it on real people. maybe PPH received testimony from people who has ctb using the debreather? what if the mask comes off during usage? im not so sure the machine is reliable since it is still at its infancy.
It's actually pretty easy to test. When I was in the navy (aviation) we had to go through hypoxia awareness training. You go up to 25,000 ft pressure then take off your oxygen mask. Everyone reacts a little differently, I got light-headed and very pleasantly giddy. They made us put our masks back on right at the point of no return. I bought one of these devices because I know how it will feel to die from hypoxia. It ain't bad.

Reactions: Wrennie, Abgrundanziehung and pthnrdnojvsc
V

vpstories

Mar 23, 2020
How did other people reacted? Did anyone vomit or have convulsions?
No, and I don't remember the doctor saying anything about that before we went. The training got depicted in the movie "An Officer and a Gentleman," and one of the guys freaks out, maybe that's become connected to the idea. I can't say. And it's been almost 50 years since I did it, but I have a keen memory of just kinda of pleasantly slipping off somewhere. That's why they train aviators to recognize hypoxia before it takes hold, because once you're in it and the conditions don't change to increase oxygen to the brain, well...you're going for the whole ride. (Hypoxia doesn't get talked about enough with these methods. Inert-gas-in-bag, compression of baroreceptors, etc., all cause death by hypoxia.)

Reactions: Wrennie, Hoopali, Donk and 3 others
B

Bluemon

Apr 8, 2020
Hi im living in southkorea.
Isnt there any possibility shipping to here
I ve questioned twice to r2d but no answered yet.
I have fatal illnees so i need it desperatly. Please understand my poor english.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I've received a tracking number. I was under the impression that packages would be sent from the U.S. but that does not look to be the case from the tracking number received.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halo13 and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I have yet to receive any shipping details.

V

vpstories

Mar 23, 2020
I also got a shipment notice, tracking number went to US Postal Service.

Reactions: Halo13
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I also got a shipment notice, tracking number went to US Postal Service.
I would confirm on the BoxC site that your package is not coming from Shenzen. I was under the assumption packages were already in the United States and they were being reshipped.